Kinda torn / undecided on what's the next "step".

So, I'm approaching my 5th level 75 class. I have all the Sigma/Nox weapons (not really a difficult feat, but I have them) and I'm kinda undecided on what the next "step" is, so to speak, on what I should do for gear / for grinding etc. I have a decent amount of questions, but I'm just blogging / meandering a little, so just curious anyone's input / advice. ^_^

1. I've also leveled all 3 weapon mags to 200 (DEX Mag is 187). Do I literally ever need to pick up a 9* and below weapon again? Yeah, I guess I can sell it if I'm just running some normal quests, but on big loot runs it's just dead inventory space, right? Also, same for PA disks I can't learn once DEX is 200? Similarly, if a drop needs to be appraised and it's not at least a 10* it's actually a waste of money to do it, right? And other drops like furnishings and stuff that I already have 20 copies of, pretty useless?

2. I was mainly just using 10* weapons as fodder into my 12* weapons that I could then turn into fodder for 13* weapons. It seems like four +10 10s take a 12 from 0-+10 and then six take it from +10-+20. However, after draining around 4M meseta into it I also realized I could trade 10* weapons in the swap shop. It seems the best two things are EX-Cubes and Photon Boosters. I have almost 300 EX-Cubes, but don't really seem to use them. What's the best thing to drop these 10* weapons into?

3. The best EXP right now is this Arks Boosted VHAQ on Floating Facility correct? The PSE burst grind?

4. So I've dropped a full Brissa set on Magatsu that I'm using as my armor currently, but with the new content roadmap does it make sense to grind out Saiki anymore? Is it just that much better? What about lighning dog set?

5. And what about weapons, where's my real "grind" here? I know there's Revolsio, but there's like a billion other 13* sets that have dropped now, right? Aura, Nemesis, Mars, etc. Is there any real gain to grinding one over the other? I assume Ultimate Quests will have better drop rates for some of these weapons and I suspect this is the intended farm right now, but the loot pools on Daylight Province also seem REALLY staked still.

6. Speaking of Daylight Province, I don't understand how running SHAQ's is sustainable. You need 60 F Capsules to get it to +50 and that will last you a week? So that's 4.2M meseta just buying them off the rip, but you also need another one for every single run you do. Is the idea to run enough D to get enough E to run E and then run E to grind for F? So you're doing this circuit of runs? Or, just spam farm an A mission to drop C and get enough C to convert into F? I just feel like there's something I'm missing because I'd be poor if I just tried to run nothing but SHAQ's.

7. I know affixes are like insanity to explain. Is there just a definite, "This is the best guide on the Internet to understanding"? I feel like I should start trying to make sure I'm not shitting away any weapons with excellent affixes on them, but I also don't understand enough about the system itself to really know what to look for.

8. Grinding each classes extra EX-Cubes right now would be a good idea as well, right? You need 10 to get the extra four SP and it'll only get more difficult as the level cap increases. What are the class specific EX-Cubes good for after that though? The only thing I see them used for is trading in a +1 Weapon Increase and it's THREE HUNDRED of the damn things. I can't imagine, even with 15* weapons and level 95 content or whatever, that grinding THREE HUNDRED LEVELS is quicker than just running the content itself to get another drop / buying it off the market place.

9. The other shop that vexes me a little bit is the Astarite Shop / Badge shops. I have everything that I could buy with Rising Weapon Badge 1, so those are useless now except to get more fodder. Rising Weapons Badge 2 I don't have enough yet to get anything, but not really sure what to get. Unique Weapons Badge I have around 1600 of, but I haven't bought any of the weapons yet. I heard they were mostly transmog from IDOLA, but I'm not 100% positive on that. Are there any that are good? Same for Astarites. I know the Elder Rifle and Psycho Wand seem to be really powerful. I almost have enough for both of those and I almost have enough for all three Luther Astarite weapons, but the rest just say "Target Astarite". I have almost 200 of some other Astarite from Magatsu, but I don't want to burn it all if those will come in later for specific weapons / if those weapons aren't really worth it. Also, it should be noted, I'm trying to complete the weapon compendium, so I want to get all of these eventually, just would also like to save the stuff I really don't need for later.

10. Creator's Emblem. I have one and can trade it to Zieg I believe, but I don't actually remember what I can do with it at Zieg's place. Do you only get one of these? Are his items good? I seem to recall it was something to do with crafting / higher level discs but idk.

All right, I've stream of consciousness'd enough. If anyone happens upon this and responds to some of these, well then that's just fuckin' swell. You're the best!

@kliqIMB said in Kinda torn / undecided on what's the next "step".:

Creator's Emblem. I have one and can trade it to Zieg I believe, but I don't actually remember what I can do with it at Zieg's place. Do you only get one of these? Are his items good? I seem to recall it was something to do with crafting / higher level discs but idk.

Creator's Emblems are just weaponskins, though not for all weapons.

YouTube can go along way my guy...

So, I'm approaching my 5th level 75 class. I have all the Sigma/Nox weapons (not really a difficult feat, but I have them) and I'm kinda undecided on what the next "step" is, so to speak, on what I should do for gear / for grinding etc. I have a decent amount of questions, but I'm just blogging / meandering a little, so just curious anyone's input / advice. ^_^

1. I've also leveled all 3 weapon mags to 200 (DEX Mag is 187). Do I literally ever need to pick up a 9* and below weapon again? Yeah, I guess I can sell it if I'm just running some normal quests, but on big loot runs it's just dead inventory space, right? Also, same for PA disks I can't learn once DEX is 200? Similarly, if a drop needs to be appraised and it's not at least a 10* it's actually a waste of money to do it, right? And other drops like furnishings and stuff that I already have 20 copies of, pretty useless?

2. I was mainly just using 10* weapons as fodder into my 12* weapons that I could then turn into fodder for 13* weapons. It seems like four +10 10s take a 12 from 0-+10 and then six take it from +10-+20. However, after draining around 4M meseta into it I also realized I could trade 10* weapons in the swap shop. It seems the best two things are EX-Cubes and Photon Boosters. I have almost 300 EX-Cubes, but don't really seem to use them. What's the best thing to drop these 10* weapons into?

3. The best EXP right now is this Arks Boosted VHAQ on Floating Facility correct? The PSE burst grind?

4. So I've dropped a full Brissa set on Magatsu that I'm using as my armor currently, but with the new content roadmap does it make sense to grind out Saiki anymore? Is it just that much better? What about lighning dog set?

5. And what about weapons, where's my real "grind" here? I know there's Revolsio, but there's like a billion other 13* sets that have dropped now, right? Aura, Nemesis, Mars, etc. Is there any real gain to grinding one over the other? I assume Ultimate Quests will have better drop rates for some of these weapons and I suspect this is the intended farm right now, but the loot pools on Daylight Province also seem REALLY staked still.

6. Speaking of Daylight Province, I don't understand how running SHAQ's is sustainable. You need 60 F Capsules to get it to +50 and that will last you a week? So that's 4.2M meseta just buying them off the rip, but you also need another one for every single run you do. Is the idea to run enough D to get enough E to run E and then run E to grind for F? So you're doing this circuit of runs? Or, just spam farm an A mission to drop C and get enough C to convert into F? I just feel like there's something I'm missing because I'd be poor if I just tried to run nothing but SHAQ's.

7. I know affixes are like insanity to explain. Is there just a definite, "This is the best guide on the Internet to understanding"? I feel like I should start trying to make sure I'm not shitting away any weapons with excellent affixes on them, but I also don't understand enough about the system itself to really know what to look for.

8. Grinding each classes extra EX-Cubes right now would be a good idea as well, right? You need 10 to get the extra four SP and it'll only get more difficult as the level cap increases. What are the class specific EX-Cubes good for after that though? The only thing I see them used for is trading in a +1 Weapon Increase and it's THREE HUNDRED of the damn things. I can't imagine, even with 15* weapons and level 95 content or whatever, that grinding THREE HUNDRED LEVELS is quicker than just running the content itself to get another drop / buying it off the market place.

9. The other shop that vexes me a little bit is the Astarite Shop / Badge shops. I have everything that I could buy with Rising Weapon Badge 1, so those are useless now except to get more fodder. Rising Weapons Badge 2 I don't have enough yet to get anything, but not really sure what to get. Unique Weapons Badge I have around 1600 of, but I haven't bought any of the weapons yet. I heard they were mostly transmog from IDOLA, but I'm not 100% positive on that. Are there any that are good? Same for Astarites. I know the Elder Rifle and Psycho Wand seem to be really powerful. I almost have enough for both of those and I almost have enough for all three Luther Astarite weapons, but the rest just say "Target Astarite". I have almost 200 of some other Astarite from Magatsu, but I don't want to burn it all if those will come in later for specific weapons / if those weapons aren't really worth it. Also, it should be noted, I'm trying to complete the weapon compendium, so I want to get all of these eventually, just would also like to save the stuff I really don't need for later.

10. Creator's Emblem. I have one and can trade it to Zieg I believe, but I don't actually remember what I can do with it at Zieg's place. Do you only get one of these? Are his items good? I seem to recall it was something to do with crafting / higher level discs but idk.

All right, I've stream of consciousness'd enough. If anyone happens upon this and responds to some of these, well then that's just fuckin' swell. You're the best!

1. Pretty much yeah, 10* weapons are excubes, and 10* units are photon spheres. 12* weapons are grind fodder for 13*.

2. The best thing is still and forever probably will be excubes. Reason being is you need a constant stream of new rare boost 250% tickets which cost 6 each, and they go fast when you're popping them in an area where you need something of high rarity and value. In addition to that, it's 100 each for a 40% augmentation aid which is absolutely necessary to achieve ideal 5-6 and beyond augment plans within a reasonable RNG expectation. Sometimes you'll need 40 aids for more than just the final step, especially when upslotting or building fodders, so you can really go through a ton of cubes on just this alone, you don't have as many cubes as you think you do.

3. I mean, I'm doing it on SHAQ to some pretty good success, I'm not sure of the efficiency comparison, but I leveled Bouncer from 1-75 in one day leveling it as my sub to 55, then the rest of the way to 75 purely in SHAQ. Im pretty sure it's better than any of the urgent quests exp wise, yes, but there are other benefits to a few of them that still make it worth taking a pause on AQ to do them.

4. Brissa is fine, Saiki is experiencing a massive price vacuum due to its perceived popularity based on it's reign in PSO2 jp, but in actuality it's pretty comparable with Brissa and if you have a solid Brissa set there is very little reason at this stage to put much effort in to getting (and especially paying for) a Saiki set (which are overpriced as all get out). If you pick them up their best value is likely just selling them for their silly overpriced market value.

5. Right now, for all intents and purposes, Ultimate quests are the "endgame" and what you might ideally be building your character to do more efficiently. The reason why is because slave and nemesis 13* weapons drop there, which sit at the very top of the list for all classes' weapons in terms of base stat given for equipping, and their potentials are simply an unconditional damage boost and it's hard to argue they aren't deserving of their covet. They also sell extremely well (for reasons stated) so farming Ultimate can potentially be a good economic decision if you're trying to expand wealth and aren't very interested in parsing out high augment count fodder drops with valuable augment combos blessed to them on drop. Ultimate is quite a bit more difficult than threat +50 SHAQs and the mobs are quite tanky, and the damage output and aggressiveness of the mobs and bosses is quite high, so this would be considered the mode to be good at for the moment though this will change eventually. It's worth noting that there are 13* weapons that are extremely valuable and coveted that aren't slave or nemesis, and this would drop elsewhere outside of ultimate quests. For example, the Form scythe wand is extremely valuable and only drops (for PSO2 NA) off dragon bosses on Amduskia above lvl 61+. They sell for 150 million on ship 2 (and there barely any of them visible in the shop). Other weapon types have similar alternative options but it just takes being able to look at the potentials and stat differences and make educated conclusions about what you gain/lose. It's worth noting that eventually there will be a 15* weapon that requires the slave and nemesis version of your weapon type as materials, which is another reason people cover them, future planning for a guaranteed 15*.

6. It's really not that strange. Once you spend the caps to get to lvl 50, you don't have to do it again for the rest of the week, meanwhile you're soaking up hundreds of caps from the runs especially runs where you burst/crossburst. For most of the week you're only spending 10 caps per run, and your cap income per run is anywhere from 30-100, give or take. The cap income vastly outweighs expenditure here so it's just simple math.

7. The definitive best way to learn is to try it yourself. You'll make mistakes and blow wads of cash, but it's really the only way to learn this wretched system. One thing I'd recommend is googling 'pso2 affix simulator' and messing with that for a while, watching the %s go up and down based on what you add, it can save you a lot of Meseta.

8. I immediately exchange my class excubes for 2 normal excubes. There's no other current "best" way to utilize them.

9. Right now your goal should be saving rising badge 2s from Wind and the rain urgents so you can get a full set of Circuray 12* units. These units allow ring augments and are the best units available to us right now. Unique badges are basically for freebie 13s, and also they can be put on the market to make some quick cash for people without the badge income to get them quickly. Another thing worth noting is some of the 13 weps for badges have unique potentials at lvl 35 that make certain affix plans easier to pull off when used as materials, which is a big thing for some people with grandiose augment plans.

10. Far as I can tell we have only 2 creators emblems available to us, for completing episode 1 and 2 respectively, they are solely used atm for exchanging for a handful of cool weapon camos (from the CAST himself in the shopping plaza), based off of important lore weapons from the story characters' arsenals.

Did I get everything?

@Zipzo said in Kinda torn / undecided on what's the next "step".:

1. Pretty much yeah, 10* weapons are excubes, and 10* units are photon spheres. 12* weapons are grind fodder for 13*.

2. The best thing is still and forever probably will be excubes. Reason being is you need a constant stream of new rare boost 250% tickets which cost 6 each, and they go fast when you're popping them in an area where you need something of high rarity and value. In addition to that, it's 100 each for a 40% augmentation aid which is absolutely necessary to achieve ideal 5-6 and beyond augment plans within a reasonable RNG expectation. Sometimes you'll need 40 aids for more than just the final step, especially when upslotting or building fodders, so you can really go through a ton of cubes on just this alone, you don't have as many cubes as you think you do.

3. I mean, I'm doing it on SHAQ to some pretty good success, I'm not sure of the efficiency comparison, but I leveled Bouncer from 1-75 in one day leveling it as my sub to 55, then the rest of the way to 75 purely in SHAQ. Im pretty sure it's better than any of the urgent quests exp wise, yes, but there are other benefits to a few of them that still make it worth taking a pause on AQ to do them.

4. Brissa is fine, Saiki is experiencing a massive price vacuum due to its perceived popularity based on it's reign in PSO2 jp, but in actuality it's pretty comparable with Brissa and if you have a solid Brissa set there is very little reason at this stage to put much effort in to getting (and especially paying for) a Saiki set (which are overpriced as all get out). If you pick them up their best value is likely just selling them for their silly overpriced market value.

5. Right now, for all intents and purposes, Ultimate quests are the "endgame" and what you might ideally be building your character to do more efficiently. The reason why is because slave and nemesis 13* weapons drop there, which sit at the very top of the list for all classes' weapons in terms of base stat given for equipping, and their potentials are simply an unconditional damage boost and it's hard to argue they aren't deserving of their covet. They also sell extremely well (for reasons stated) so farming Ultimate can potentially be a good economic decision if you're trying to expand wealth and aren't very interested in parsing out high augment count fodder drops with valuable augment combos blessed to them on drop. Ultimate is quite a bit more difficult than threat +50 SHAQs and the mobs are quite tanky, and the damage output and aggressiveness of the mobs and bosses is quite high, so this would be considered the mode to be good at for the moment though this will change eventually.

It's worth noting that there are 13* weapons that are extremely valuable and coveted that aren't slave or nemesis, and this would drop elsewhere outside of ultimate quests. For example, the Form scythe wand is extremely valuable and only drops (for PSO2 NA) off dragon bosses on Amduskia above lvl 61+. They sell for 150 million on ship 2 (and there barely any of them visible in the shop). Other weapon types have similar alternative options but it just takes being able to look at the potentials and stat differences and make educated conclusions about what you gain/lose. It's worth noting that eventually there will be a 15* weapon that requires the slave and nemesis version of your weapon type as materials, which is another reason people cover them, future planning for a guaranteed 15*.

1. It's really not that strange. Once you spend the caps to get to lvl 50, you don't have to do it again for the rest of the week, meanwhile you're soaking up hundreds of caps from the runs especially runs where you burst/crossburst. For most of the week you're only spending 10 caps per run, and your cap income per run is anywhere from 30-100, give or take. The cap income vastly outweighs expenditure here so it's just simple math.

2. The definitive best way to learn is to try it yourself. You'll make mistakes and blow wads of cash, but it's really the only way to learn this wretched system. One thing I'd recommend is googling 'pso2 affix simulator' and messing with that for a while, watching the %s go up and down based on what you add, it can save you a lot of Meseta.

3. I immediately exchange my class excubes for 2 normal excubes. There's no other current "best" way to utilize them.

4. Right now your goal should be saving rising badge 2s from Wind and the rain urgents so you can get a full set of Circuray 12* units. These units allow ring augments and are the best units available to us right now.

Unique badges are basically for freebie 13s, and also they can be put on the market to make some quick cash for people without the badge income to get them quickly. Another thing worth noting is some of the 13 weps for badges have unique potentials at lvl 35 that make certain affix plans easier to pull off when used as materials, which is a big thing for some people with grandiose augment plans.

1. Far as I can tell we have only 2 creators emblems available to us, for completing episode 1 and 2 respectively, they are solely used atm for exchanging for a handful of cool weapon camos (from the CAST himself in the shopping plaza), based off of important lore weapons from the story characters' arsenals.

Did I get everything?

Holy. Shit. You are an absolute legend my guy. These are exactly the sort of answers I was looking for. A few comments on your excellent answers.

1. Gotcha. Is my current usage of burning 4 10* to make each +10 10* and then burning those into 12s for levels inefficient? Should I only be burning the same 12s into the same 12s? (ie: Sigma Gylers into Sigma Gylers rather than Deo Jagarath's into the Sigma Gyler?) I had prolly 200 10 weapons and I split them about 150/50 between grinding up 12*s and buying Excubes.

2. Absolutely good to know. I've been really stingy with my 250% boosts so I have quite a few lying around. I guess it's really almost necessary on drops, huh? I was spoiled because without any extra boosts aside from party + premium + drink + dailies I dropped a Spear Revolsio on Elder Falz in OBT. Now, that's the only thing worth a shit I've gotten since then as well, but hey, I was hoping lol.

3. Is the TTK on SHAQ much higher than VHAQ? I've seen a lot of VHAQ runs but I didn't check SHAQ (also due to the cost requirements I thought existed).

4. Good to know.

5. Ahh, so the Revolsio grind is out now. Doesn't really make any sense to get them if they're weaker than Nemesis / Slave and also aren't future proofing for 15* content. I've ran both the ultimate quests a couple of times on my main and it wasn't terrible. I did get WALLOPED the first time I tried some lazy shit on one of the boss mobs though. I guess I'll start farming that rather than SHAQ after this ARKS Boost is done. I think I can get my classes to 75 before the end. I got all of them to level 30 for the achievement and I've figured out that in the time it takes a class to go from 55 -> 75, you'll always get enough EXP to bring your sub-class from 30 -> 55. So I'm virtually never wasting an EXP right now.

6. Granted, I've only ran SHAQ maybe a handful times, but I haven't experience that high of extra capsules before. I was getting maybe enough to cover another run which is why I was so confused. If you're really able to get that many caps in a run, the I should've been doing this a long time ago. Lol. Also, I need to figure out consistency with PSE Bursts / Cross Bursts.

7. Good to know. I'll check it out. I was hoping there was like a wiki "Here's the best affixes for each class and weapon combo". Just so if I see it I can store it. I'll do some research. This was the one I was like, yeah, there's no way someone is about to explain this shit to me.

8. Sick. I'm glad grinding out 300 for a level of a weapon wasn't the endgame.

9. Damn. Just got my Brissa and now it's onto Circuray. The never ending grind. I guess I'll just grab the cool UWB stuff for the classes I like the best. Is it the same for all the astarite items? Or are any of those worth it?

10. Hellllllllllll yeahhhhhhhhh.

And yes, again, thank you so much. That was incredibly detailed and helped a ton.