What's up with this windows 10 client?

Why do you get so many errors from game client? And after you have played the game the next day it dosn't work agian. I know why it's happening but why dosn't the dev's fix the issue or create a offical launcher if it's a windows store issue? Why dose the players have to fix/figure out the error messages to play the game. This is a critical issue, players would give up installing and the game is losing valuable players. This is the most ridiculus issue I have ever seen in a MMO game.

Edit: This is what I did to make this game playable.

1. Uninstall all your Phantasy Star Online 2 games.
  2. Download and Install PSO2 Tweaker.
  3. Run Tweaker and start downloading PHANTASYSTAR2 game add to direction c:\ Not to programfiles or user folder!.
  4. Download up to date pso2_winstore_fix from Tweaker discord (Phantasy Star Fleet).
  5. Drag into PHANTASYSTAR2 folder besides the PSO2_Bin folder.
  6. Login into Microsoft Store with your account and download xbox gameservice and xbox console companion.
  7. Run pso2_winstore_fix with powershell.
  8. Start the game with Tweaker Launcher.
  9. Enjoy the game!

Short answer: Sega of Japan doesn't care and Microsoft is incompetent.

They have another maintenance coming up which will Hopefully fix the deletion problems. The issues themselves are entirely the Windows Store. Why they didn't do a standalone launcher i will never know, but they said there will be more PC platforms eventually so Steam?

@Algestes said in What's up with this windows 10 client?:

They have another maintenance coming up which will Hopefully fix the deletion problems. The issues themselves are entirely the Windows Store. Why they didn't do a standalone launcher i will never know, but they said there will be more PC platforms eventually so Steam?

Next scheduled maintenance is June 23, so it will be awhile yet.

Until last night my group had largely managed to escape problems, but in the last 18 hours two of them have had installation troubles. Thinking it might be a Windows 10 update I've accepted the updates it wanted to do and restarted but it's still working for me.

For one of them the launcher became unresponsive for an hour and then when it worked it wanted to do a fresh check. That was 20 minutes ago so it's probably not finished yet. I haven't heard whether that'll require any further downloads.

For the other though, the launcher simply disappeared without the game loading after clicking Start Game. They've tried the tweaker's fix procedure and the (several hours of) file checking it does. In the last hour the entire ModifiableWindowsApps folder has disappeared, but the space hasn't been freed so it's probably been made invisible to the Windows user as others have experienced. Now they're just using the tweaker to create a fresh installation that'll hopefully be free of the Microsoft Store and permissions trouble, and I can't say I blame them because this is horrid.

Anyway... I haven't really said anything new here. The troubles are ongoing and even people with installations that have been working for 19 days can still find their game just doesn't work all of a sudden. All I can recommend is completing your daily missions ASAP each day you start the game. But more than that, we know the PSO2 team are aware of it all and are hopefully pulling all the stops with Microsoft to either bring these issues to an end ASAP or - if there really is a contractual requirement to use the Microsoft Store - invoke a service-based clause to break free sooner.

This is an honest question:

Are the other 20 threads about the same topic not comprehensive enough?

I understand the frustration, but this thread is just a repeat of all the other ones.

@Iron-Woodsman I wouldn't say SEGA doesn't care because it losing them sales and money on a game they've spent years on now. I'd say it more of Microsoft's incompetence and stubbornness to force players to use the xbox live account system in order to play the game. Which in turn has forced them to release it on their poorly managed store page. While yes it was the easiest and fastest way for them to bring the game to NA with crossplay servers as a feature it does not mean it was the best way to do it. An this is just a clear example of why a rushed half ass job doesn't make a quality product.

They tried some fixes during the last maintenance.

If people are still having these issues they need to contact support so they can track down what they missed.

Everyone should switch to linux right now.

@2B said in What's up with this windows 10 client?:

Not an option in this case as pso2 currently requires the windows store.
For good or ill.

@Taran-Tatsui said in What's up with this windows 10 client?:

@2B said in What's up with this windows 10 client?:

Not an option in this case as pso2 currently requires the windows store.
For good or ill.

The entire gaming industry should be switching to Linux. But we know big corporations and big money won't let that happen. It's the same as the oil industry and the Armored Core plot...

My only problem was the lag in shopping and gate area. That's been fixed and I got no other problems with the game.

@animeregion I switched to Tweaker to fix that. I'd like to switch back to the original launcher but I hear a lot of rumors about OS corruptions and a mess of issues for a few users. So until the launcher comes out on a different platform I think I'll be using the Tweaker for the time being.

Use the tweaker. Since the past windows update iv'e had issues now. Game uninstalls itself, etc.