(Steam Workaround)Attn: Windows 10 2004 PSO2 Transparent/Blank Icon in Windows Start Menu&Taskbar after installing from Microsoft Store

@Blade-Edge2014 Not quite sure what work around you are requesting, currently there is no work around for this topics issue. The game is playable with a blank icon, but there is that risk of windows clearing the icon cache and causing the game to no longer be detected by windows, which you will then have to remove the files and reinstall. Some recommend Tweaker launcher method, but even that launcher installation has it's own amount of issues. I am not able to help with any Tweaker related issues, this is a topic thread about windows store installation. For Tweaker related issues they have a support discord and multiple topics in the Technical Issues section of the forum related to Tweaker.

Oh, here we go again, launcher is downloading it all over again.

I would suggest if SEGA would like to end this problem, make two translation changes to the official launcher.

• Change the progress to indicate if it's CHECKING or DOWNLOADING.

Because people honestly believe it's downloading every time, because it starts from 0.

@Kisai As I do see where this might cause some confusion, this comment might be better suited in https://forum.pso2.com/category/61/in-game-suggestions area of the forums. If you are experiencing the Transparent/Blank Icon in Windows Start Menu&Taskbar there is still no known update from sources or fix as of yet.

So just a little update, it has been 16 days now since a ticket was submitted to tech support and still no response or official word from PSO2 Devs about this topics issue. I get that there is a lot of tickets out there but almost 20 days and no response, anyone else submit tickets and waiting 20 days or more at the moment?

welp windows 10 2004 just stopped recognizing it again, this is the 10th time having to uninstall and reinstall now...

Would we report to SEGA or Microsoft? Up until last night things were working well (still a blank icon), then the launcher wouldn’t boot. I uninstalled, but...I’m afraid to mess with it again honestly.

@kuroshishio We have to send a support ticket into pso2 devs from what i have been told according to microsoft and xbox live support reps. But pso2 support have yet to respond to my ticket.

An official response after 31 days has been made. As of 7/15/2020 PSO2 Dev Team is currently investigating the issue.

@Bizwhy said in Attn: Windows 10 2004 PSO2 Transparent/Blank Icon in Windows Start Menu&Taskbar after installing from Microsoft Store:

An official response after 31 days has been made. As of 7/15/2020 PSO2 Dev Team is currently investigating the issue.

That’s good news! I made a report last week. Let’s hope they can fix it. If they don’t, it makes it hard to come back to this otherwise awesome game.

Still no updates on this topic's issue. It may be just a waiting game at this point, maybe with the launch of PSO2 on Steam it will fix the blank icon issue along with some other issues. But until august 5th we don't know what it will bring. Hopefully I will have something to update here soon.

Ok so here is a work around for some that can do so, those experiencing this issue with Windows Store Version of PSO2 you can use the newly released Steam version of PSO2. The icon will once again appear on Window 10 2004 Taskbar, etc. while launching and playing the game through Steam. Keep in mind this is not a solution for the Windows Store install so take it with a grain of salt.

I still hope that one day they will solve the windows store issue, till then i say this would be a solid work around for most.