How would you go about the Story Missions? (No spoilers please)

@Ezodagrom said in How would you go about the Story Missions? (No spoilers please):

@Guilrel said in How would you go about the Story Missions? (No spoilers please):

Those are interesting tips about how to get different mags, good thing I already figured out what kind of Mag I want before I started.

There's something I want to ask about certain Client Orders like Alfin's: Do some of them have their own cutscenes for certain story mode characters?

The great majority of cutscenes are centralized in the quest counter nowadays. In older versions of the game, as the player progressed through the story, cutscenes would start automatically when approaching NPCs that had new cutscenes, but I don't think that happens anymore in the current version of the game.

When it comes to client orders, I can only think of one set of cutscenes that was tied to client orders, which won't be available in the NA version at launch (there's a possibility these may not even be added to the NA version at all). It was a special event with the Phantasy Star Portable games, cutscenes involving Emilia and Vivienne, which would unlock as the player progressed through their client orders.

Oh man, I wish there was a way, but then again that would be annoying if you brought another player with you to the requested mission to complete the Client Order like it was in the Matter Board days. I will make do with what they will give us, but I still wish that side quests were handled like the first PSO and the portable games. It's a good thing that I finally got the best ending in Portable 2 (Get S Rank on all Story and Tactical Mission->Side Story missions and say the right things in the Story Missions) before the Open Beta starts, because I will be really happy to interact with the two again after what they went through.

@GamerKillance The only worry that I had is that the Story Missions were nothing but cutscenes and mob and boss fights, no actual areas that you run through like you would do in the side stories of PSO or the Story Missions of PSU. I'm just glad that there's a bit of that in there in the end though.

@Guilrel One extra note, when talking to NPCs in the lobby there is a "Talk" option, I think what they say when you pick that option changes as you progress through the story? I'm not sure about this since this isn't covered by the english patch in the JP version.

@Ezodagrom said in How would you go about the Story Missions? (No spoilers please):

@Guilrel One extra note, when talking to NPCs in the lobby there is a "Talk" option, I think what they say when you pick that option changes as you progress through the story? I'm not sure about this since this isn't covered by the english patch in the JP version.

Do they have dialogue options that change how the story plays out? Or is it just extra dialogue?

@Rantious said in How would you go about the Story Missions? (No spoilers please):

Do they have dialogue options that change how the story plays out? Or is it just extra dialogue?

Nah, only cutscenes have dialog options sometimes, and those options usually only affect a few lines other than a few exceptions. At most there may be options that affect a whole chapter, but there's nothing with long term consequences.

The things that NPCs say in the ARKS ship do change as you progress through the story and some of them might appear or disappear for story reasons.

@Rantious said in How would you go about the Story Missions? (No spoilers please):

Nah, only cutscenes have dialog options sometimes, and those options usually only affect a few lines other than a few exceptions. At most there may be options that affect a whole chapter, but there's nothing with long term consequences.

So basically like how Final Fantasy XIV handles their story mode and cutscenes where you can say things and everyone will respond accordingly, but won't change the story that much.

@IndefinateArdem said in How would you go about the Story Missions? (No spoilers please):

The things that NPCs say in the ARKS ship do change as you progress through the story and some of them might appear or disappear for story reasons.

That's to be expected especially if some of them have their own Client Orders to complete, that probably won't be available until you advance fall enough in the story.

With the Open Beta coming out, it looks like I'm going to end up unlocking all locations anyway. But now that I remember the Master Class Client Orders, I can probably complete them in my leveling up in the story with my true Class while getting ready for the Story Mode's Bosses and areas. I have two new questions regarding that though:

1. When you select the Story Mode's difficulty so it can match your current level, does it really match your main class' current level and not your sub-class? Because it would be pretty annoying when I try to fight the Story Mode bosses and it matched my sub-class' level rather than my main class.
  2. Does the Master Client Orders have their own story? I think I'm asking a little too much for it to be like FFXIV where your master has their own side quests and stories. Although my Master asked me to partner with her to complete one of her orders but I don't have her Partner Card and for now I can only assume I just need to find and complete the order where she gives that to me as part of her reward.

@Guilrel said in How would you go about the Story Missions? (No spoilers please):

1. When you select the Story Mode's difficulty so it can match your current level, does it really match your main class' current level and not your sub-class? Because it would be pretty annoying when I try to fight the Story Mode bosses and it matched my sub-class' level rather than my main class.

It matches your main class level, but only up to a certain point. Enemies have a max level in story quests. It's possible that changes could be made in the NA version, but if there's no changes, this is how it works in the JP version:

• Ep 1, 2 and 3 - Enemies max level is 75 (let's say your main class is lvl 80, the enemies in these story quests will still be 75).
  • Ep 4 - Through most of these story quests, enemies max level is 70, only reaching lvl 75 in the final parts.
  • At the very end of Ep4 there's also an optional lvl 80 boss fight with conditions such as reduced healing and no scape dolls.
  • Ep 5 - Enemies max levels start out at lvl 70, and as the player progresses they get increased to lvl 75 ~ 80.
  • Ep 6 - Lvl 75 ~ 80 for regular enemies and lvl 96 for certain bosses.

1. Does the Master Client Orders have their own story? I think I'm asking a little too much for it to be like FFXIV where your master has their own side quests and stories. Although my Master asked me to partner with her to complete one of her orders but I don't have her Partner Card and for now I can only assume I just need to find and complete the order where she gives that to me as part of her reward.

Class representatives have their own cutscenes (accessible through the same menus in the quest counter as the main story quests). The representatives for the classes currently available in the NA version don't really have much of a story, but their cutscenes can be rather fun to watch. It's mostly stuff like introduction to their classes, interactions with other characters in the game and such.

The class representatives for the 3 classes that aren't yet available in the NA version (Hero, Phantom, Etoile) do have an actual substory though.

It matches your main class level, but only up to a certain point. Enemies have a max level in story quests. It's possible that changes could be made in the NA version, but if there's no changes, this is how it works in the JP version:

• Ep 1, 2 and 3 - Enemies max level is 75 (let's say your main class is lvl 80, the enemies in these story quests will still be 75).
  • Ep 4 - Through most of these story quests, enemies max level is 70, only reaching lvl 75 in the final parts.
  • At the very end of Ep4 there's also an optional lvl 80 boss fight with conditions such as reduced healing and no scape dolls.
  • Ep 5 - Enemies max levels start out at lvl 70, and as the player progresses they get increased to lvl 75 ~ 80.
  • Ep 6 - Lvl 75 ~ 80 for regular enemies and lvl 96 for certain bosses.

Well that's a relief, and now I understand why the max level was 75 at the beta and I bet it'll still be at 75 since I wonder if English dub for the rest of the Story Content isn't done yet. Especially since it seems like the Open Beta will last for quite a while.

1. Does the Master Client Orders have their own story? I think I'm asking a little too much for it to be like FFXIV where your master has their own side quests and stories. Although my Master asked me to partner with her to complete one of her orders but I don't have her Partner Card and for now I can only assume I just need to find and complete the order where she gives that to me as part of her reward.

Class representatives have their own cutscenes (accessible through the same menus in the quest counter as the main story quests). The representatives for the classes currently available in the NA version don't really have much of a story, but their cutscenes can be rather fun to watch. It's mostly stuff like introduction to their classes, interactions with other characters in the game and such.

The class representatives for the 3 classes that aren't yet available in the NA version (Hero, Phantom, Etoile) do have an actual substory though.

Well that's something to look forward to during the Beta. But I have to find these cutscenes in the Story Quests or somewhere else? I haven't even look at the Story Quest since the tutorial, so will the Class Representative cutscenes will be under that list?

Well that's a relief, and now I understand why the max level was 75 at the beta and I bet it'll still be at 75 since I wonder if English dub for the rest of the Story Content isn't done yet. Especially since it seems like the Open Beta will last for quite a while.

Well that's something to look forward to during the Beta. But I have to find these cutscenes in the Story Quests or somewhere else? I haven't even look at the Story Quest since the tutorial, so will the Class Representative cutscenes will be under that list?

In the JP version, the max level was locked at 75 for a few years, it took a while for it to be increased to 80, so content wise I guess it's just a safe point to stop in the NA version for now, while everyone gets used to the game.

About the class representatives cutscenes, they're all in the quest counter as well, in the same menus as the the main story cutscenes. They're usually in the sub story section, I think.

In the JP version, the max level was locked at 75 for a few years, it took a while for it to be increased to 80, so content wise I guess it's just a safe point to stop in the NA version for now, while everyone gets used to the game.

About the class representatives cutscenes, they're all in the quest counter as well, in the same menus as the the main story cutscenes. They're usually in the sub story section, I think.

I think it's a good safe bet as well since this is still a beta for the X-Box and not the full game. Although I think the cross-play with PC should show up in the Open Beta soon, because they still need to test the cross-play with X-Box as well so they can't just depend on it with the belief that everything will be fine if they focus on the X-Box as well as fine tuning the English translations of the other 3 episodes.

The sub story list huh? This will be something that I have to look for deeply though. Is there a way to tell if you unlock a sub story within the game or will that depend on me checking on it from time to time when advancing the story.

The sub story list huh? This will be something that I have to look for deeply though. Is there a way to tell if you unlock a sub story within the game or will that depend on me checking on it from time to time when advancing the story.

The sub story cutscenes are usually tied to the main story, they're unlocked as you progress through the main story chapters, and you'll see them listed in the same list as the main story, just in a separate section.

For example, in the pic below, it's the story quest list for chapter 3 of episode 1, there's the main story section (which is collapsed just to not spoil anything) and the sub story section, which has cutscenes with both the Hunter and Force class representatives. Cutscenes that you have already watched will have the yellow icon with a red crown as seen in the pic, while cutscenes you haven't watched yet will have a red exclamation mark icon instead.

alt text

@Ezodagrom Okay, so that's how they're played out, so even if I ended up completing all of the Braver Client Quests, save for the one that needed me to partner with my representative, their sub stories simply won't start unless I start the story. Well I guess I can look forward to doing all of those once I truly finish the main story of the game when it's officially released, while I finish the quests for my main class.

Thanks for your help on explaining this to me.

@Ezodagrom Okay, so that's how they're played out, so even if I ended up completing all of the Braver Client Quests, save for the one that needed me to partner with my representative, their sub stories simply won't start unless I start the story. Well I guess I can look forward to doing all of those once I truly finish the main story of the game when it's officially released, while I finish the quests for my main class.

Thanks for your help on explaining this to me.

Yeah, their sub stories are not tied to the client orders, you can even watch the cutscenes from the representatives of classes that you don't use.

Their cutscenes are completely tied to story progress.