New platforms

When will you be launching on other, more stable platforms, to ensure that people who are paying for this game can continue to play it without errors not of their doing? If not will you be trying to make up for the massive amount of downtime these errors are causing to players who use the premium subscription? Can we see a fair and reasonable answer for the mess caused by the MS store?

More platforms on PC are coming soon, likely around the time of Episode 4 in August.

@Ragnawind If true, good to hear

I prefer that these new platforms will enable us to keep everything that we've purchased on our accounts. Since the MS version ties into the xbox live, i have a feeling that if we're to switch platforms, we'll be also switching accounts. I haven't gotten to play much due to this continuing mess with random game files getting deleted or changed, so if i have to start over again, i wouldn't terribly mind too much as long as i actually get to play. I'd still be bummed though if i lost all the bonus items i paid for.

It's entirely possible to for them to make use of your Xbox Live account via other PC platforms and I'd assume they're doing that, unless these other platforms(steam or whatever else they go with) start hosting their own servers.

That being said I still think it was an ass-backwards decision to use Xbox Live accounts as the primary account, rather than a unifying ID. If only we had some sort of universal account - like, I don't know, a Sega NA account or something - that could have been used for the PC release and connected to your console accounts. Nah, that wouldn't work. That's why the JP version uses Xbox Live, after a- Oh, right. It doesn't. In fact, it operates much in the same way FFXIV does - by having a single, unifying Sega ID that gets used on every platform.

But rant aside, yeah, I totally expect them to continue making use of the Companion App or Identity Provider to continue using XBL accounts on other platforms. It's just a shame they're forcing the apps and will likely continue to do so, instead of just offering a normal login system.

@Tesonael well take phantasy star universe into account. They used Sega id. But sadly they shut down their servers due to lack of population/income. Granted microtransactions weren't really a thing then. I say Sega should take the ball on this one and create a Sega ID account storage so we're could link accounts for cross play. But... Microsoft bought all of the north American rights, for primarily monetary reasons to say the least. If the windows store didn't f up the game so badly, and we all could actually play, I'd say it was a smart move. However since everything is botched, my view is don't take control of something if you can't handle the responsibility.

Well, it doesn't necessarily have to be a Sega ID. It could have just been logging in with your Microsoft account(as opposed to relying on an app to tell the game who you are), which would work for all platforms without relying on the store. The key is to have one single ID that can be universally used across all platforms. Like I said, a normal login system would have allowed players to just launch the exe instead of dealing with the apps, and allowed the tweaker to fix issues as smoothly as it does for the JP version.

As it is right now, I'm having fun imagining them trying to get a PS4 version with crossplay running with the way they've integrated the MS Store and XBL 🤔

@Tesonael don't and Microsoft coming together? What are you smoking? That would be word though.

@LDragonBlade said in New platforms:

I prefer that these new platforms will enable us to keep everything that we've purchased on our accounts. Since the MS version ties into the xbox live, i have a feeling that if we're to switch platforms, we'll be also switching accounts. I haven't gotten to play much due to this continuing mess with random game files getting deleted or changed, so if i have to start over again, i wouldn't terribly mind too much as long as i actually get to play. I'd still be bummed though if i lost all the bonus items i paid for.

It would be wise if they made sure people can transfer over. Personally, I only played the tutorial, closed the game to play later that day or the next one, and since then I wasn't able to play, that was half a month ago.

I'm only concerned how will they handle the XBOX Live login, because currently is uses an UWP crApp and that crApp stopped launching for me and even though the game was OK, I was unable to log into the game, ironic, isn't it?

I hope they use a standalone program for logging in that is a Win32 program and it's guaranteed it will work. Those UWP crApps are so unreliable that MS should just remove them from Windows 10 altogether.

I also hope the game arrives on Steam, that's the most reliable platform to have your game on and will give the game a higher exposure. I'm kinda glad that SEGA were quick to pick up that they were missing out on a lot of players spending money on the game since they could simply not play the game and are quick to react, but if I have to wait until sometime in August in order to be able to play again.... UGH.. xD

Good question, however, we do not have any information on that yet. We highly suggest checking our website and SNS from time to time for updates. 🙂

@Allwynd01 said in New platforms:

I hope they use a standalone program for logging in that is a Win32 program and it's guaranteed it will work. Those UWP crApps are so unreliable that MS should just remove them from Windows 10 altogether.

Technically it's a Win32 exe being ran as a UWP app with Appx(which yeah, that's kinda not helping it out). There's also the launcher and the MS store fighting over who gets to download and update the game, with the MS store inevitably choosing to nuke the game. This is technically a feature, not a bug, because UWP apps are designed to be managed by the store for "security", and I'm pretty sure you aren't even supposed to have a standalone launcher in the store for that reason.

Also, earlier this year they detailed Project Reunion, which aims to further unify Win32 and UWP, so...yep. I don't think it's going anywhere. We can only hope they fix the issues before they create new ones.