Dark Falz Luther is Far Too OP

-No area of which to dodge his attack -This is clearly not meant to be a Solo mission -No save points after the first boss -Dodging does not work, either via by air or double dash -Only one 1 revive is allowed in this quest, which makes it impossible for two rounds of timestop instakill

You can dodge the timestop if you time it right. Even if you don't manage to dodge it, mash the buttons and wiggle your stick to break out faster so you can break a dagger to create a safe space.

@Ilúvatar said in Dark Falz Luther is Far Too OP:

You can dodge the timestop if you time it right. Even if you don't manage to dodge it, mash the buttons and wiggle your stick to break out faster so you can break a dagger to create a safe space.

I've tried button mashing, I'm completely frozen in place. The only thing that would improve this experience is if we could at least have our auxiliaries assist with preventing the timestops, since the NPCs are written as battling behind us.

if we could at least have our auxiliaries assist with preventing the timestops

Summoned pets can be frozen by the timestop (and sometimes they can dodge it.) So this is unlikely.

@coldreactive said in Dark Falz Luther is Far Too OP:

if we could at least have our auxiliaries assist with preventing the timestops

Summoned pets can be frozen by the timestop (and sometimes they can dodge it.) So this is unlikely.

Then there'd have to be new stun based mechanics developed like the giant cannon you can sit in, while an NPC distracts the boss.

Just mash harder, you should be able to break out with plenty of time left to destroy a dagger.

Or, like I said earlier, dodge the time stop altogether.

@Ilúvatar said in Dark Falz Luther is Far Too OP:

Just mash harder, you should be able to break out with plenty of time left to destroy a dagger.

Or, like I said earlier, dodge the time stop altogether.

You have no idea how many times I have tried to do that already.

Just tried on story hardcore, rapidly pressing "A" and "S" key alternatively worked fine. Or equipping all class rod or talis and make a blind escape will make the dodge way easier.

I can confirm, dodging does not assist in any way. Just tried dodging during the swords on the only platform in the zone. I died instantly regardless of perfect dodge mechanics.

Can we please have some stun mechanics implemented onto the boss? I still can't get rid of the timestop insta kill attack, nor does anything on him get destroyed without regenerating. It's been literal days, I shouldn't have to reach beyond level 47 in order to progress in a story mode battle.

You dodge the timestop itself, not the attack. The daggers that he sends out have a faint red circle that expands out from the dagger. When this circle contacts the platform is when you get locked in time. If you dodge at the correct time, you will not be locked, and you will have plenty of time to destroy a dagger to create a safe area. It is not easy, but as I've mentioned before, you can mash to get out of the timestop.

The boss does not need to be altered. People have made it through this story quest for 6+ years.

I guess I'll just skip the story, and come back at cap with faster DPS. Boss battle isn't worth my time figuring out how to avoid instant kill attacks.

How to scrub through bosses like a boss: equip hunter subclass, max out halfline automate and iron will, channel your inner arkuma slots and win every 75%, gg ez Works on anything and everything except that stupid final ep3 boss fight where you get a small circular area with 3 AIS lives, and those AIS are made of wet tissue paper and die after 2 hits on normal, 3 on casual. On casual on foot enemies do no damage and get instavaporized but good luck utilizing those stupid AIS.

Or you just tough it out until they release the next episodes and we get a bunch of new bosses to worry about and forget this one existed. 😁

The boss is meant to be at least somewhat a challenge, and sure the mechanic was to make it a party play kind of worth it instead of Soloing but button mash does get you out of Za Warudo and Stuns, so it's all trial and error and getting used to the class playstyle, like a Force/Techer/Summoner for the most part could easily Mirage Dodge easily so yeah Rappy Talis or all class rods/wand should be workable.