Character Portal

@MEGAF1UX Well m8 wish i had insider info to put u at ease but sadly i don't. Issues suck and lack of communication more so. The way they are handling PSO2 thus far seems like the proper way to do it. Maybe not the best of the best but you have to agree its quite far from the worse.

Can we stop derailing the topic please...?

@AnonMarc said in Character Portal:

@MEGAF1UX Well m8 wish i had insider info to put u at ease but sadly i don't. Issues suck and lack of communication more so. The way they are handling PSO2 thus far seems like the proper way to do it. Maybe not the best of the best but you have to agree its quite far from the worse.

I agree here, they handled it as best they could based on what we have, and considering the player base in Japan has been at a certain point for so many years, and the fact that population wise, NA has way more people than Japan, THEN compound (as AnonMarc said) all the people who joined in last minute, it just doesn't make sense to say they "weren't prepared" for so many people @MEGAF1UX . They could see exactly how many people were coming and prepared accordingly. You're almost implying they sabotaged their own game for 5 hours because they were lazy and aren't interested in making money on a game that's ONLY NOW launching for another part of the world? That's like saying Mcdonalds knew they'd sell over 10 million Mcribs in the US alone, but only sent out 1 million for the whole of NA. Sure it makes people want them more, but it doesn't help that they could have made 10 MILLION sales of Mcrib alone in a single place and instead only made 1 million overall. It's a terrible business practice if that's what they ACTUALLY did and I'd imagine more than a couple people would have been fired over that, and I just doubt see how that could be a fact for a game that's done well for so many years.

As for Character Portals, I mean, there are tons of 3rd party apps that allow us to see this information too. I'd LOVE to see it from Sega, but it's not necessary for them to create it in order for us to get them.

@MEGAF1UX

While we are unable to play, brainstorming features is a good way to spend the time. Allows people to think constructively and let the administrative team see what the community is thinking about.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in Character Portal:

@MEGAF1UX

While we are unable to play, brainstorming features is a good way to spend the time. Allows people to think constructively and let the administrative team see what the community is thinking about.

but pso2es already exists (even if NA never sees it) and i find it incredibly unlikely that they would bother building a "character portal" BEFORE the game actually launches (and i would be pretty disappointed if they wasted time on it rather than preparing FOR the launch) at which point said "character portal" becomes utterly useless.

@MEGAF1UX no one said it needed to be before the game launched.

@John-Paul-RAGE ok, again.. "at which point said "character portal" becomes utterly useless."

@MEGAF1UX said in Character Portal:

@John-Paul-RAGE said in Character Portal:

@MEGAF1UX

but pso2es already exists (even if NA never sees it) and i find it incredibly unlikely that they would bother building a "character portal" BEFORE the game actually launches (and i would be pretty disappointed if they wasted time on it rather than preparing FOR the launch) at which point said "character portal" becomes utterly useless.

Hi @MEGAF1UX, these forums are made for the community to discuss game development and lots of other things. Here, there are no useless ideas, there are no useless discussions, this place is for everyone looking to share new experiences and concepts.

Please try to remember that not everyone shares the same views as you. Moving on, sometimes, when it comes to beta test signups you can almost guarantee that not everyone will actually participate, it's kind of like hosting a party but a bunch of people don't show up for whatever reason. This may have been why they were not initially prepared during the launch, however, it was fixed promptly and the servers were playable again. We also received an expansion on the time of testing.

The best part about pso2es is being able to use the shop on the go. I'm able to buy stuff at work on the Japanese version.

@A-Silver-King said in Character Portal:

The best part about pso2es is being able to use the shop on the go. I'm able to buy stuff at work on the Japanese version.

That sounds like a good feature to me. 😊

@Rzarcasm said in Character Portal:

"when it comes to beta test signups you can almost guarantee that not everyone will actually participate, it's kind of like hosting a party but a bunch of people don't show up for whatever reason. This may have been why they were not initially prepared during the launch, however, it was fixed promptly and the servers were playable again. We also received an expansion on the time of testing."

20000 people dont show up to a party 10 people were invited to, it just doesnt happen. if you invite 10 people (including 1 guest each) the most that would show up is 20 people. also your notion of "promptly" seems a bit off.

@coldreactive said in Character Portal:

@Hengbok said in Character Portal:

PSO2es.. I need to look up what that even looks like but I'd be happy with anything PSO2. If it means on the go while I am out yeah!!!

It's a mobile app:

alt text

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFzHXURrv2k

I love how it shows your character, but does it also show the statistics of your character and friends too? I can't remember, it's been awhile.

@Rzarcasm said in Character Portal:

but does it also show the statistics of your character and friends too?

Your friendlist from PSO2 doesn't carry over to PSO2es, You have to remake one from scratch on PSO2es, and you're only able to add PSO2es players on it. (Unless I was reading that wrong and you're asking if you can see the statistics of your friends? Then forgive my for that.) About your 'statistics' question. It depends which ones you mean. For example, the Class stats are visible in the 'change class' menu but these don't correspond with your PSO2 Class stats they are solely for PSO2es. Makes sense off course due the mobs in PSO2es don't share stats either with their PSO2 counterparts. On the other side, Your 'MAG' and 'Dark Blast' menus show their PSO2 statistics. (EXP only for Dark Blast.) They don't play a factor in PSO2es.