Thoughts on the braver class?

Evening folks just thought id ask what was your thoughts on the braver class?

@Dark-Juggalo-75 said in Thoughts on the braver class?:

Evening folks just thought id ask what was your thoughts on the braver class?

Braver is a very fun and fluid class for me. I like the quick movement and easy take down it provides. It is currently my main.

It really is beginner friendly, it kinda helps out in settling in what kind of battle style you're planning on doing. Now I somewhat feel sad that Hunter only has Gunblades to shoot, since using Bows were perfect for doing high level Urgent Quests when I'm not at the recommended level in the early hours.

I agree its definatly a very fluid class. And the quick movement is awsome indeed. As its currently my main as well. I love how it reminds me of a samurai. Maybe even somewhat of shinobi. What do you think the class is more like. Samurai or Shinobi?

Samurai for sure. The Braver is a class that has a good learning curve and a good opening to skill tree mangement for newer players. The Braver class does take a lot of work/effort to learn the Perfect Attack timings and rotations for maximum damage. Another thing that makes the class so nice for more experienced players running it is the Just Guard and Focus System. 50% Critical from full Focus and the counter damage is really good and helps negate a lot of damage.

I didn't get the chance to play Br on JP, so this time around I am giving it a go. Going Br/Hu with this chart: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pdx8svfBsGTQ9CDhWWp9p32Tz870O0vVVuaTTIXPT7U/edit?copiedFromTrash#gid=1348717622 <-- Doing Dual Stance Bullet Bow personally.

Though Braver here isn't updated for 2020 I can always change it later if its reworked/better ones are found. I will eventually be aiming for Etoile as I never got to plat this class either.

@spuz hey man! fellow from ephinea over here

@Spuzman said in Thoughts on the braver class?:

@Claude 🤙 ✋

Claude liked this post.

@Dark-Juggalo-75 definitely more Samurai than Shinobi/ninja. With a shinobi/ninja class, i'd expect a more dodge focus skill set which Braver doesnt really have. What Braver does have is a block counter which is one of their BnB skill set. If you dont make use of their focus&counters, you're gonna lose alot of efficiency as a braver.

I havent gotten far on the NA server yet but what's Gurren Tessen's translation on NA? Alot of the new photon arts naming is throwing me off a bit coming from maining a Braver in JP lol...

Samurai for sure with a modern feel. Gunblades are a more modern thing for sure. Katana and bow are classic. The additiion of the ability to use the twin machine guns however, is new. IN JP version i didnt see that in the introduction. Nevertheless having options is nice. For most this is deceptively beginner friendly, however, as i watched a lot of veteran players, there are layers to this class.

A. The blade alone. You can go for a straight katana build and focus skill rings and let you mag spec out melee dmg and dexterity B. The Ranged fighter. you can go for a bow build and focus primarily on the free sheet given for the lambda bow in the beginning for lvl 30 and start speccing out from there. C. Hybrid. The true ability of this class is the versatility to go between both however, you lose out on capping dps for either this way. UNLE you want to heavily invest in skill tree resets opening another skill tree or really calculating your next steps by hoarding SP until you are certain. This is what makes this class daunting. Furthermore unless you pay attention to its need for high DEX you can set your mag "wrong" and have too little DEX in otder to top out damge which may be confusing.

Unless you've played devil may cry 3 specia l edition, 4 or 5 or recent samurai games the counter system and focus system is definitely different way to play. Id go even farther to say bow style play is more idiot proof.

TIP: For the lambda bow try to do as many of the urgent quests as possible thats how i got the red gunblade and red katana within the first day of playing

@Fayde said in Thoughts on the braver class?:

@Dark-Juggalo-75 definitely more Samurai than Shinobi/ninja. With a shinobi/ninja class, i'd expect a more dodge focus skill set which Braver doesnt really have. What Braver does have is a block counter which is one of their BnB skill set. If you dont make use of their focus&counters, you're gonna lose alot of efficiency as a braver.

I havent gotten far on the NA server yet but what's Gurren Tessen's translation on NA? Alot of the new photon arts naming is throwing me off a bit coming from maining a Braver in JP lol...

Not to mention the quick-strike katana style bravers use is more commonly associated with samurai. The first PSO2 anime even had a ingame BR character named Last Samurai

@DynamicDiode said in Thoughts on the braver class?:

Samurai for sure with a modern feel. Gunblades are a more modern thing for sure. Katana and bow are classic. The additiion of the ability to use the twin machine guns however, is new.

Wait, they added TMG to Braver?! WHY? Even an assault rifle would be more fitting considering samurai used matchlock rifles(heck PSO even had a matchlock rifle assault rifle, as does PSO2), Tanegashima_id.png E58589E6ADB4E7AD92E3839BE383ADE382B0E383A9E383A02E6A7067.jpg much as the gun mode of the gunslash could sub in for a matchlock pistol.

@Mattwo7 Reminds me of Weiss' guns in FF 7 Dirge of Cerberus and yes they did because i have these two guns that dropped from an urgent mission and it works fine. I however only use it fun funsies not for utility unlike the bow which is use primarily for utility and flying enemies.

@DynamicDiode said in Thoughts on the braver class?:

@Mattwo7 Reminds me of Weiss' guns in FF 7 Dirge of Cerberus and yes they did because i have these two guns that dropped from an urgent mission and it works fine. I however only use it fun funsies not for utility unlike the bow which is use primarily for utility and flying enemies.

It might be an all-class weapon. Can you use PAs on it without subbing gunner? Gunslash is the only one that can use PAs with every class. For other all-class weapons you need to have a class that can use it active or subbed.

@Mattwo7 I currently, do not have a sub class. I waiting for Ph as my subclass. I can use PA which it which is crazy in my opinion.