Open Beta counted as Released?

So I am trying to figure out my wait time...Some people I have asked feel Open Beta is full on game release, while others including myself feel the two are very different. Any chance a GM could reply on this? Just to give us some kinda rough time frame? Really praying this won't be a May/June open beta/release.

Usually in the west, Open Beta leads up to the day of release for free to play MMOs.

With games of this nature, open beta usually keeps the save into the live game. Thus it is a soft launch.

Considering nothing is being wiped from closed beta and open beta, then I would consider open beta a soft release.

@coldreactive said in Open Beta counted as Released?:

Usually in the west, Open Beta leads up to the day of release for free to play MMOs.

Guaranteed this is what'll happen.

@coldreactive said in Open Beta counted as Released?:

While this does sound quite possible i would keep my expectations low until we see the open beta to gauge the lvl of polish.

Knowing that all our progress gets carried over to the full release.. To me anything where the servers are open is a full release! As long as we can play it and not lose anything haha. I just think of it like a long maintenance. But when open beta happens I would think it wouldn't be too long after for the full release. Omg the thought of constant 24 hour of the servers being up is soooo exciting!

Did anyone at Sega actually say they were doing an open beta?

Not everyone does one.

We definitely already gave them a stress test. 🙂

I didn't recall seeing anything about it, except here. But I don't twittr

Their Twitter has mentioned Open Beta a couple of times already.

@Seedenator has been mentioned on Twitter several times even the day cbt ended

I just am not sure if Open Beta counts as the spring release, or if it s a totally different thing. Dreading having to wait til mid May-June to play again @_@ and I know there is the Japan version, but I don't want to invade their server ><

@SpookyOh said in Open Beta counted as Released?:

but I don't want to invade their server ><

Ohh you're too polite, don't worry many invaded it before you and probably many still will come after you. Don't be scared they won't bite. On the contrary the majority of Japanese players tend to keep to them self and barely talk in Public Chat. (And yes, you will always have outliers who act totally the opposite.) They actually don't mind the majority of the western players, and some even welcome them. They just hate the obnoxious ones. Who wouldn't right? (They equally hate obnoxious Japanese players. Who would have thought that.) Wanna know how I did it? I announced my arrival on a megaphone to the whole Japanese PSO2 community. And I am still on good terms with them, crazy right.

Don't hold yourself back from playing your (favorite?) game.

@SpookyOh I’m honestly hoping obt is just a soft release they update till release like how most Xbox previews are betas( kinda like what wildcard did with ark but not as big as fk up)

@FluffyShinobi said in Open Beta counted as Released?:

@SpookyOh I’m honestly hoping obt is just a soft release they update till release like how most Xbox previews are betas( kinda like what wildcard did with ark but not as big as fk up)

Depends what they aim to test with OBT.

If they need to test something like the crossplay framework, etc and then hit it with maintenance time after getting the results. It might not be a soft release.

Some games blur the lines between OBT and Early Access but I think this one won't be one of them.