Why do so many male CAST parts have high heels?

As a matter of personal taste, it kind of bugs me that so many of the current male CAST parts have high heels, which ruins a few leg parts for me.

The reason they have heels is because, in the words of Magical Robo☆Zekt:

alt text

I find it funny how they dedicated 2 entire episodes of Puso Ni Comi to Zekt´s obsession with boots and being stepped on lol

I think someone in the dev team must be into it.

@Mattwo7 Are you an NA player? I'd agree that too many legs sport the high heel look. Yeah, Starscream, Viper II, and others have them, but they're not as dominant in other media as they are here right now. Thankfully, a lot of stuff which should be coming soon will help address that.

@bendomino There's three Starscreams that have high heels and none of them are the classic G1 version. Also one of them is one you probably never even heard of (BWII)... So do you mean Animated or Prime?

@bendomino Actually come to think of it I once found a unit that was an upside-down jet thruster that looked oddly familar.

EZoGg5-VAAAyj2F.jpg

...Hmmm...

Maybe not heels, but if I were designing a mecha's foot structure I might go for a tri-pod or quad-pod method with the 'palm' area open so as to be able to best stabilize on un-even surfaces.

Heels are horribly uncomfortable to stand in because of the design of the human leg and foot. Yet a cat or dog spends it's entire life standing like that, and a mountain goat is basically standing on a stick-like structure. So if I redesign the leg to support it - some kind of heel is probably superior. Just probably not the specific style here.

Becuase high heeled robot dudes are hot 😁

@Mattwo7 said in Why do so many male CAST parts have high heels?:

@bendomino There's three Starscreams that have high heels and none of them are the classic G1 version. Also one of them is one you probably never even heard of (BWII)... So do you mean Animated or Prime?

Siege, actually, but it's been a recurring feature in the seeker design of the last several decades.

Never watched Beast Wars II. I acknowledge that the original is owed much for revitalizing the franchise and was a pretty good show, but I'm not much of a fan.

That Dista Lye looks perfect for a seeker build. Good to see it's a decent unit, too.

@bendomino said in Why do so many male CAST parts have high heels?:

Never watched Beast Wars II. I acknowledge that the original is owed much for revitalizing the franchise and was a pretty good show, but I'm not much of a fan.

Well there's a good reason for that: It was never released in the west and the fansubs for BWII and BW Neo are unfinished. I hope one day Hasbro will work with Netflix, Funi or CR (as much as I have a bit of a distaste for all of these on the corporate side of things, they are the best options) to get the two shows officially subbed (we could probably go without Transformers Go! and Transformers The Headmasters getting official subs though as not only are the fansubs complete... Those shows.... Kinda suck.)

I mean they even have a localized version of Lio Convoy (Leo Prime) now in the Timelines comic, as well as the Classics, Universe and Legends toylines. Although Big Convoy (the wooly mammoth from Neo) is still absent in the west, instead he was recolored for the Universe version of Nemesis Prime.

@ZeeHero9271 said in Why do so many male CAST parts have high heels?:

High Heels were originally a male fashion popularized by one the kings of France...

@Kichwas said in Why do so many male CAST parts have high heels?:

@ZeeHero9271 said in Why do so many male CAST parts have high heels?:

High Heels were originally a male fashion popularized by one the kings of France...

Actually that's not entirely true, they used to be functional but used in a male dominated profession, Calvary, similar to cowboy boots.

alt text

Men's shoes from that period:

alt text

@Kichwas The French weren't even the first to wear them for fashion and the Persian cavalry predates any fashion-based use. I suggest you check your facts before being a smart* about something.

The-Vision-of-Saint-Eustace.jpg

Ancient Greek actors (another male-dominated profession but in this case there were also underground female actors) used them to denote social status of their characters too, which is more of a practical use.

And again, before the French wore them for fashion, in the Middle Ages in Europe both men AND women wore them because the streets were filthy.