Are there still Beast weapons?

I haven't seemed to notice any being posted or maybe zi don't notice them being a beast weapon.

I thought about it because one of the wolf beasts dropped a rare item during closed beta and I didn't look at what it was. It was near the end and after I got out of the zone I was looking through my list for some kind of special weapon but didn't see one. So it might have just been a rare item I didn't know about or thought was rare.

It might have been a rare unit then. Could have been a Rear / Jagd Fell.bd0b05be-3868-46c7-82a4-e75992cb77e7-image.png or a Leg / Jagd Coda.alt text

Cause the Beast Weapons you have in mind don't exist (The ones you had to transform at MONTAGUE). Beast weapons now are directly weapons themselves.

Oops, read it outta context.

@ErinXh Oh.. woah I didn't even think of the idea it could have been a unit even. Next time I am back on I will have more time to look through and see what it was. Thanks!

@John-Paul-RAGE oh I meant beast weapons like Booma's Claw and things like that. Weapons that look like a part of a monster x3. But that information helps too!

@Hengbok said in Are there still Beast weapons?:

@ErinXh Oh.. woah I didn't even think of the idea it could have been a unit even. Next time I am back on I will have more time to look through and see what it was. Thanks!

@John-Paul-RAGE oh I meant beast weapons like Booma's Claw and things like that. Weapons that look like a part of a monster x3. But that information helps too!

There are weapons either themed or part of the monster/boss that are in the game but they're not exactly strong compared to current endgame gear but if there is a weapon you like, you can use a weapon form pass (WoW's Transmog system) to change the look of your weapon over the endgame gear your're using. You won't lose the weapon but it becomes permanently attached to your account which then you can just store it away

I was thinking in Tenora Works brand. And thinking if there are, never checked it actually, I do know there are Yohmei bows and at least a lance, but never played enough melee in pso2 to notice other PSU weapons, specifically Tenora.

Many monsters do have units/weapons styled after them, but they are all drops. There's not really anything similar in the older games to obtain them like giving monster parts to Dr. Montague.

@landman a good number of PSU and PSO styled weapons have made it into the game over the years, here's a Tenora Works weapon in fact. *アルブ・ボアSS.jpg

Ahh these answer my questions then. That's really cool to see even classic weapons come back as well. Looking forward to so many cool drops!

Oh and even though not all will be best used for damage. I used to play with some just for fun, pictures or in lower level dungeon when helping friends before.. but back the the player would used to have to hit an enemy at least to get exp. I think PSO2 doesnt require that anymore.

@Hengbok As long as you are near when the Enemies/Bosses is defeated you will get the EXP. But if you are like... lets say 2 blocks away you wont get the EXP. But during UQ or EQ (Emergence Quest),as we Jp players calls it, you will get EXP no matter how far you are from the map. Have to be in the same map.

Beast weapons are the best!