Controller Lock-on Issue

The lock-on mechanic with a controller is problematic; trying to switch to a weak point often results in targeting a completely different enemy instead. Can we get an option to have different controls for cycling between enemies and weak points. Say have left/right on the control stick switch between enemies and up/down switch between weak points of the selected enemy.

@TyrannicParrot Playing with a controller myself, this is a fantastic idea. Not sure it'd be implemented any time soon, but this would be great success! ­čĹŹ ­čĹŹ

I'd also recommend an alternative option dropdown that allows us to toggle if it switches between enemies at all or not.

I've used the controller for years, and I've noticed when you sswitch targets with the right thumbstick, it generally aims for the next lock-on point in the direction you push it. Like if you push up, it searches for a lock-on point that's above the one you're currently locked onto, and jumpst to that. I generally find this useful for bosses like Ragne.

@Pun said in Controller Lock-on Issue:

I've used the controller for years, and I've noticed when you sswitch targets with the right thumbstick, it generally aims for the next lock-on point in the direction you push it. Like if you push up, it searches for a lock-on point that's above the one you're currently locked onto, and jumpst to that. I generally find this useful for bosses like Ragne.

It's largely hit or miss if it does that. If there's a single slow enemy it will usually work correctly but once more enemies are around it's anyone's guess what the lock-on mechanic is going to target next. This is made even worse by the speed for example at which some of the bosses in the ultimate quests move and turn around. The anga phandaj and bird bosses being some of the worst offenders.

I think manually aiming then initiating lock on should target what you are aiming at, as a solution to the problem. It should be possible to implement?

I know I'm considered insane for this opinion, but I feel that the lock-on in this game is much easier to use when you have it set to hold rather than toggle. Don't like what you locked onto? Let go of the button and try again! I rarely use the stick to change target, honestly.