PSO2 Roadmap + Global Release + Steam

Gear has nothing to do with PVP. The gear is acquired on-field when you play a match and resets at death.

Please research the topic of PVP in PSO2.

@WillfulChart930 said in PSO2 Roadmap + Global Release + Steam:

PVP ? in this game ? hahahahahahahahaha ? i can't wait to see some P2W whales carrying 8 affixes gears dominating everyone lmaoooo. i couldn't care less about challenge quests, it's garbage contents for elitists, it's not fun it's grindy, it's trash.

PVP does NOT allow using your own stuff. Everyone is Level 1 and has to pick up a weapon that is provided for the PVP mode to use. Everryone is on equal footing and it is all down to skill for who wins.

@SleeprunnerInc said in PSO2 Roadmap + Global Release + Steam:

@Totta It totally is a player issue in the front where they didn't do enough research.

For one example, people are still asking HOW TO DOWNLOAD THE GAME OUTSIDE NA despite being told to change your region to NA.

...but...if they are outside NA then they're looking for a way to download the game as if they were inside NA. So this isn't exactly a rocket science thing here, it's understandable that people outside NA are asking how to circumvent this issue...and sometimes region changing depending on the platform isn't exactly easy (see Steam).

@Zipzo said in PSO2 Roadmap + Global Release + Steam:

and sometimes region changing depending on the platform isn't exactly easy (see Steam).

To confirm, Steam does have a regional store. It is almost entirely used to to enable regionally-affordable versions of a game that cannot be cheaply gifted to players in regions with more disposable income.

I have seen it used to stagger a global release of a game, but only once: Scribblenauts Unlimited, back in November 2012 (US) and February 2013 (Europe, Australia and most of the world). This was because the game was sold on both Steam and the Wii U, and Nintendo still couldn't get their act together with simultaneous releases so they had Warner Bros hold the game back on Steam to avoid PC getting the game before the Wii U. You could even still buy a Steam key from other sites (e.g. Amazon US) and Steam would accept it, but it would refuse to launch the game. Even today, if you look at the game's page outside the US, it'll say it released in February 2013.

But to stress the obvious: Steam, consoles and most of the modern world have foregone regional releases because it's badly outdated in the digital age and essentially a conscious decision to make less money! PSO2 being that far behind the times is an amusing but unpleasant blast from a 15+ years old past. In some ways it's good that it didn't release exclusively region-locked on Steam because that would have made it impossible to launch elsewhere without using a ToS-breaking VPN. So in some weird ways we can be thankful for the incompetence of the Microsoft Store offering.

@Miraglyth said in PSO2 Roadmap + Global Release + Steam:

@Zipzo said in PSO2 Roadmap + Global Release + Steam:

and sometimes region changing depending on the platform isn't exactly easy (see Steam).

To confirm, Steam does have a regional store. It is almost entirely used to to enable regionally-affordable versions of a game that cannot be cheaply gifted to players in regions with more disposable income.

I have seen it used to stagger a global release of a game, but only once: Scribblenauts Unlimited, back in November 2012 (US) and February 2013 (Europe, Australia and most of the world). This was because the game was sold on both Steam and the Wii U, and Nintendo still couldn't get their act together with simultaneous releases so they had Warner Bros hold the game back on Steam to avoid PC getting the game before the Wii U. You could even still buy a Steam key from other sites (e.g. Amazon US) and Steam would accept it, but it would refuse to launch the game. Even today, if you look at the game's page outside the US, it'll say it released in February 2013.

But to stress the obvious: Steam, consoles and most of the modern world have foregone regional releases because it's badly outdated in the digital age and essentially a conscious decision to make less money! PSO2 being that far behind the times is an amusing but unpleasant blast from a 15+ years old past. In some ways it's good that it didn't release exclusively region-locked on Steam because that would have made it impossible to launch elsewhere without using a ToS-breaking VPN. So in some weird ways we can be thankful for the incompetence of the Microsoft Store offering.

As a person who has lived overseas frequently, Steam is probably one of the biggest pain in the asses for regional/locality issues.

@WillfulChart930 I'm at 6's affixs on units on my smn and I have not spent any money bar prem I will do 8's on my Braver next enhance event, dont need to be a whale also gear dont make you a good player. Plus the pvp we will be getting in aug will be the one where you pick items up of the floor like challenge mode. we wont get the hardcore 1 for a while i expect

@Blackichan08 said in PSO2 Roadmap + Global Release + Steam:

@WillfulChart930 I'm at 6's affixs on units on my smn and I have not spent any money bar prem I will do 8's on my Braver next enhance event, dont need to be a whale also gear dont make you a good player. Plus the pvp we will be getting in aug will be the one where you pick items up of the floor like challenge mode. we wont get the hardcore 1 for a while i expect

There is "hardcore PvP" mode and we're unlikely to ever get such a thing for obvious reasons...