PSO2 Roadmap + Global Release + Steam

@Totta said in PSO2 Roadmap + Global Release + Steam:

@SleeprunnerInc what issues did it fix? since they didnt mention any of these "resolved issues" in any of the 8 patch note articles they released. I would like to read it.

The patch notes are here and the lobby lag at least definitely got fixed. One main mission was impossible to accomplish and was removed (its rewards being distributed to everyone via the visiphone).

Meanwhile, though not documented, another main mission required you to speak to an NPC and select an option that softlocked the game on PC; this option was also fixed. There were probably other small fixes like that we didn't notice.

@Miraglyth i read this. im glad they fixed real minor issues, but im talking about the issues that is preventing a large number of PC players from playing, u know, like the MUCH BIGGER ISSUES thats been going on since the 2nd day of release.

Some players are still getting the lag, once again theres no OFFICIAL STATEMENT that it got handled. Maybe it got fixed for you and your friends, thats great man, but some people are still getting it.

@Totta Sometimes things work and sometimes they don't.

The forums claimed it fixed issues for others and others claim it didn't.

We also don't know what the fuck the people who have problems on their computers have done and how tehy are trying to run the game.

So sometimes things don't work cause people are nitwits like not running the game as admin.

@SleeprunnerInc so you're saying the issue is that a large number of PC players did not run the game as admin? therefore the 200 GB data that they cannot remove is well deserved because "not running it as admin makes you a nitwit"

Come on man...

Would you guys really be that civil if the shoe was on the other foot? what if pso2 made you have to fact reset ur xbox and lose your entire game library, and had to re-download every single game again, would your initial response be "oh well shit happens"

Highly Doubt It.

@Totta The latency issues in the lobbies were definitely fixed as someone who's still been using the non-tweaked version of the game, since the 10th, I've noted no issues in lobbies going forward even during peak hours. Yet the day before I was still experiencing issues. Honestly was a bit of a blessing as I've been able to enjoy the game now barring whether or not Microsoft decides to randomly purge my files one day but end of the day, Sega's issues with the game are fine and have generally been picked up on, most of it is in Microsoft court now to fix so put it on them, not Sega. Either way the notes for the latency issues were in the maintenance for 10th as being resolved.

@Nerzarn Awesome! if they were fixed and its officially stated then so be it, my apologies.

Also im not blaming sega, or microsoft, im not pointing fingers at anybody in particular, im just saying all the complaining and the whining thats been happening is kinda to be expected considering the mass damage the game has done to PC players.

Oh yeah, I totally get that, i'm still pretty cautious but this is a step in the right direction. I just hope the store issues are actively chased to being fixed, if not it's waiting on a alternative launcher, then everyone can fully enjoy the game then, which would be ideal.

So in conclusion, it certainly wasn't the case that 0 PC issues were fixed.

They're still working on the more complex issues with the Microsoft Store installation. Yes it sucks that they couldn't fix it in the first two weeks. And it really sucks that they refused let PC in on the beta as players asked for, as that would have caught this trouble before launch. And it sucks that they operate in two-week cycles so even if it's fixed on Monday the fix will almost surely not be rolled out until the 24th at the earliest. But that's the model, sadly.

@Miraglyth yea man can you believe they fixed lobby lag?

Crazy, glad they got that one out of the way! now lets all play!

@radkid1 said in PSO2 Roadmap + Global Release + Steam:

I've been waiting for eight years to play this game and everytime I solve one problem I get a new one first my Microsoft account was locked and I had to unlock it second the launcher breaks tried to fix that then Windows itself brakes I was able to fix that and now the moment of truth will the game launcher still be broken probably

So half of your problems were from the launcher itself, gotcha.

@Bass-Captain-2 Lets not forget the issues hes going to run into once he finally gets everything up and running and he decides to turn off his PC for the night to go to bed, just to come on the next morning and find out the play button dont work because the files nuked themselves.

it is much deeper than the launcher.

@Totta Trying to hound and exaggerate problems isn't helping mate.

I faced the same damn issues everyone did ,manually went through all the file permission, deletions etc till I said fuck it and used the tweaker.

Meanwhile my other friend who played had only the lobby lag and few glitches that were fixed by the last patch on the 10th.

So honestly yes. SHIT HAPPENS.

I've had my entire computer BSOD and have had another comptuer completely explode and to re-install EVERYTHING.

@SleeprunnerInc said in PSO2 Roadmap + Global Release + Steam:

@Totta Trying to hound and exaggerate problems isn't helping mate.

I faced the same damn issues everyone did ,manually went through all the file permission, deletions etc till I said fuck it and used the tweaker.

Meanwhile my other friend who played had only the lobby lag and few glitches that were fixed by the last patch on the 10th.

So honestly yes. SHIT HAPPENS.

I've had my entire computer BSOD and have had another comptuer completely explode and to re-install EVERYTHING.

Where did i "hound or exaggerate" the issue though? im just bringing awareness to people who might not be aware of the current issues on PC.

Have you been on the pso2 tech discord? its a mess. I'm not exaggerating the issues, just informing players what the current risk is if they decide to DL and play on PC.

Hey it may work, OR you have to reformat your entire PC. I think this is vital information.

@Totta I've know a few others with this issue is a shame to see how badly PSO2 has messed up their PC causing all kinds of software issues.

@Totta You're potentially turning people away from the game, which is bad for everyone. Address the problems as they come up, don't scare potential players away before they even know if they're going to have issues.