PSO2 Roadmap + Global Release + Steam

there's no proof the game is going to be coming out on Steam anywhere officially from Microsoft we're basically stuck with a broken Microsoft store

Holy shit,yes! This is something I've been waiting for. Now I feel like I'm going to double down on my PSO2 game time.

@radkid1 said in PSO2 Roadmap + Global Release + Steam:

there's no proof the game is going to be coming out on Steam

Well perhaps more importantly at this point there's no proof that whatever the alternative channels are won't just be another way to get Sega's godawful launcher that still does all the inefficient checking on its own.

Escaping the Microsoft Store and its permissions and game-erasing woes, and perhaps even its regional stranglehold on spending money is still going to be a good thing and many of us will probably jump at the first attempt to be able to do that (unless it involves installing the Epic Games Launcher, lol) but it's best we don't get our hopes up that it'll solve all our issues.

@Miraglyth Everytime someone says Epic, they get alerted and start extending their tendrils towards what was said.

You have summoned them to grab PSO2.

@SleeprunnerInc said in PSO2 Roadmap + Global Release + Steam:

@Miraglyth Everytime someone says Epic, they get alerted

It definitely feels like that sometimes (Hi Tim! Screw you for killing Shenmue III), but this is a game they can't stick those tendrils into for exclusivity because it's already out.

@Miraglyth True.

Also I would 100% be careful when saying certain names and phrases because for instance on twitter there is still a problem with alot of bots that pickup on the phrase: I wish this was on a shit. I want it on a shirt etc.

Then they automatically convert the picture the comment is linked to a website that sells merchandise that applies the photo in question to a shirt and it automatically gets put on sale.

Just been reading the roadmap now, thanks for this, didn't catch it on the home page.

Opening up other platforms looks good, should it be the case, though right now it also depends on how they differentiate from XBOX and some of those PC platforms. I'm wondering if you'll need to sign in to xbox somehow through Steam etc, should it be supported. Still not ideal for things like friends systems, but it's too early to assume. I'll be interested in what they pick though.

Not a bad wait on the episodes either. Including the various micro content changes between maintenance to keep people tied over until then. At least stuff isn't too far apart that it's going to be a lot to look forward to during catch up.

@SleeprunnerInc said in PSO2 Roadmap + Global Release + Steam:

Also I would 100% be careful when saying certain names and phrases because for instance on twitter there is still a problem with alot of bots that pickup on the phrase: I wish this was on a shit. I want it on a shirt etc.

How topical! Funny story from just yesterday. I tweeted something like "I hope Phantasy Star gets better treatment soon." and a bot picked up the words hope and star and replied within seconds to advertise their charity called Star of Hope. It's the first time in years I've experienced something like that, but it does still happen yes.

@Miraglyth Yup.

There's even bots on Reddit which react to certain words and commands.

For instance anyone can do a N word check on any person and a bot will auto jump in to show how many times the n word was said on their site by the user.

Microsoft like screwing us Microsoft does whatever they want first they don't give a care about the community after all the Microsoft store is still broken and they said they would have it fixed by the 10th and here we are it's still broken Microsoft like screwing everything up so they're going to probably go with the epic game store and they probably got an exclusive deal already so we'll have to wait a year for steam if it's even a thing

Whelp, now I know when to get all my classes maxed

I've been waiting for eight years to play this game and everytime I solve one problem I get a new one first my Microsoft account was locked and I had to unlock it second the launcher breaks tried to fix that then Windows itself brakes I was able to fix that and now the moment of truth will the game launcher still be broken probably

@radkid1 yep, 0 pc issues have been fixed, and once again, (they told us to wait til the 10th for nothing) now they telling us to wait til august ^^.

But its okay cause all the kiddos will just tell you to download tweaker like it resolves any problems that originated from the first few DLs you probably did. (which it dont unless ur first DL was through tweaker)

LMFAO.

@Totta The update that happened on the 10th did reportedly fix SOME issues.

IT didn't fix every single one and never will fix all the problems people have.

The Tweaker is not the perfect solution either but it's better than whining on the forums forever cause atleast you get to play the game.

@SleeprunnerInc what issues did it fix? since they didnt mention any of these "resolved issues" in any of the 8 patch note articles they released. I would like to read it.

If you're talking about the slugginess in the lobby, some players are still experiencing it, while it may have been resolves for others. Theres also no official statement on this either.

Did you also know that the new update bombed some peoples installer and files as well?

I want the game to succeed and ive been playing it since 1st day PC launch, but you cant call all the players on here bringing up these issues as "whiners", have you seen what happened to alot of players PC?...i feel like its warranted, no?