PSO2 Roadmap + Global Release + Steam

I've got reasons to believe challenge mode didn't get cut, they most likely forgot to include it. We'll see I guess.

Obviously challenge quests will be there otherwise why do we have the titles listed at title keeper I think they just forgot to add to the list for it

I'm assuming this road map is really high level right? I don't play jp so I would not know but in between all this there is additional content they are not covering here correct?

@Penndragon87 The roadmap shows it going to increase the lvl cap from our current 75 to 80 in the first part than from 80-90 than 90-95. So as long as your as 75 with at-least a Gix weapon you should be fine for the next set of content.

I'll keep the reminder brief that PC players are still 11 free items and a few untradeable monetisable Fresh Finds, SG, mission pass and scratch rotations short of "ALL THE CONTENT" even by our server's standards.

@Ragnawind said in PSO2 Roadmap + Global Release + Steam:

One thing to keep in mind about the "content" is that that claim was only about content available in JP up to that point, which was June 2019. Stuff like Etoile, as mentioned by other users, was released in JP in December 2019, so that kind of "content" was never guaranteed for this year.

Now that's a good way to think about it. I don't think the promise itself was renewed beyond that point, and I'm not even sure they said all the content would be within 2020 or just overall.

Beyond that, considering Episode 4 is still two months away and 4 months before the year's end, are we really disappointed to learn that we'll still get into Episode 6 by the end of the year? I'm sure some were fearing it'd take longer to get to that point now.

This is a renewed commitment and it's still looking pretty good. If we catch up by 2021 Q2 instead is it really that much of a loss? Provided we do catch up, there will be an before the inevitable slowdown in updates anyway once we get there.

@Leonkh99 that's true, didnt really think of that, but it was stated that we would be on par with jp by the end of the year right? But with the state of things now, I can see it being pushed to the right a little.

@Leonkh99 said in PSO2 Roadmap + Global Release + Steam:

@Matt im kinda hoping the additional regional ships turn out to be the case, PSO games havent had European hosted servers since PSO on Gamecube and Xbox; Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst and Phantasy Star Universe's servers were hosted only in North America.

I personally think they will simply support EU but still use US servers and Ships 4-6 are gonna open when it comes to Steam

@PhantasyStar369 if and when it comes to steam I'm not sure they'll need to open all 3 of those ships. I could be wrong but I can't see the playerbase spiking that much just because it gets launched on steam.

@SonoVulpin said in PSO2 Roadmap + Global Release + Steam:

@PhantasyStar369 if and when it comes to steam I'm not sure they'll need to open all 3 of those ships. I could be wrong but I can't see the playerbase spiking that much just because it gets launched on steam.

Steam has a big impact on MMOs and if it's advertised properly then I definitely see a huge influx.

@Bass-Captain-2 said in PSO2 Roadmap + Global Release + Steam:

@Leonkh99 that's true, didnt really think of that, but it was stated that we would be on par with jp by the end of the year right? But with the state of things now, I can see it being pushed to the right a little.

There never really said they would catch up to where JP is right now. They said that they hope to get caught up with current JP and then reach parity soon after.

@PhantasyStar369 true but it very rare that it brings in more than 50% of the current active players. I believe when Fallout 76 launched on steam just recently Bethesda announce the game averaged 15k PC users and when the steam version was release it spiked to 23k. An keep in mind this was also when they released that big wastelander patch that basically overhauled a lot of the game's story and world elements.

So I could see opening ship 4 just before steam release than keeping ship 5 and 6 on stand by in case it really does spike that much.

@Ragnawind maybe I've been cruising reddit to much lol. After reading things phrased the wrong way enough times you begin to replace the factual information. Thanks for the heads uo

@SonoVulpin said in PSO2 Roadmap + Global Release + Steam:

I believe when Fallout 76 launched on steam just recently Bethesda announce the game averaged 15k PC users and when the steam version was release it spiked to 23k.

One difference being everyone under the sun knew Fallout 76 was coming, and then immediately afterwards that it was a calamity. PSO2 on PC has got, like... two Forbes articles? And now an IGN trailer. Some of my Steam friends had no idea the PC launch was a thing (and some of those weren't even aware it had a western server at all) by late May after we got the date.

Another difference being that many people have said they'll try again when it's available through means other than the Microsoft Store. Enough perhaps to have caused this note to be included at the end of the trailer in the first place.

A third difference being that - if I understand it - Fallout 76 is not F2P and operates more on the model that failed Universe. And if there's one thing Steam would bring, it's a lot of F2P players who haven't been actively following a series that is ready for an injection of new fans.

I'm not really sure what I'm getting at here. Just to echo PhantasyStar369's point that if this gets a feature on the Steam page the ships are going to be full. I can imagine they might prepare to add Ship 4 this time, which would be more about learning from a mistake than only thinking it's needed this time around.

@Bass-Captain-2 said in PSO2 Roadmap + Global Release + Steam:

They did bring up that the schedules may change depending on circumstances regarding Covid-19. That said, from the look of things... I believe its to do with the fact that Episode 5; which introduces the first of the Scion Classes, Hero... well, thats just it, it introduces a single Scion Class which remains as the 'main one' till the next one releases in a couple of months so... rather than releasing both Phantom and Etoile at the same time, they wanna wait it out a bit before releasing the next one.

Not all content will be shown on the roadmap BUT if it was part of a certain episode then chances are it will come during that episode content.

So long as they don't decide to axe stuff out for reasons or restrict them based on arbitrary decisions etc.

Hopefully they will decide not to change much of the stuff from the JP version.