PSO2 Roadmap + Global Release + Steam

Following the IGN announcement, an official roadmap has gone up!

https://pso2.com/news/announcements/roadmap

Some facts that can be gathered:

• RIP Challenge Mode, I guess it got the axe during the streamlining process just like OT Weps.

• As expected, Battle Arena (PVP) is tied to the Episode 4 update.

• Episode 6 seems to be split into two sections once again, by the end of the year we will be caught up with at least the Phantom update... I do wonder if the whole story will be available from launch however given Episode 6 would have concluded by then and how we seem to be getting all story chapters released at once.

• "Play it on Xbox One and Windows 10, with more PC platforms coming soon" guess a Steam release isnt far off... plus maybe some other PC platforms? 👀

-We are also working hard to introduce this legendary online action RPG to a global audience this year. We will have more information about the regions where the game will become available in the near future.", guess we'll be seeing a global release after all. Personal theory... this might be the reason why Ships 4-6 are inactive... maybe they might be EU ships.

What do we all think?

I'm looking forward to the potential EU servers honestly.

Latency is nicer on NA compared to JP, but it's not quite there yet. I still have to loop a couple of times to pick up items unlike my NA brethren, and then certain tactics still can't be done by myself due to latency.

Hopefully it is true EU servers and not just "EU players play on the NA servers!"

@Matt im kinda hoping the additional regional ships turn out to be the case, PSO games havent had European hosted servers since PSO on Gamecube and Xbox; Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst and Phantasy Star Universe's servers were hosted only in North America.

@Leonkh99 said in PSO2 Roadmap + Global Release + Steam:

• RIP Challenge Mode, I guess it got the axe during the streamlining process just like OT Weps.

What do we all think?

Well, they just trow away something great and they said every quest will be here. So... 😕 Did they lied to us?

Neat! Some great things to look forward to. It's going to be real fun, With the New UQ's as well. 😄

There are 4 Challenge Quests related titles added with the last PC release update, thinking about that it's a bit strange that they are not included on the roadmap.

Anyway, announcing a roadmap is great. Hope this will be a sign for some better communication.

Would be great if one of the global markets they touch is the rest of North America. For some reason they neglected to allow Mexico to play in NA regions.

They're about 15cm off from that "all the content" claim already, but hey, a road map at least!

@Z0DIAK-BRAVE said in PSO2 Roadmap + Global Release + Steam:

They're about 15cm off from that "all the content" claim already, but hey, a road map at least!

Yeah, a little bummed that Etoile will be 2021, but it's probably one of the most OP classes for solo play. So I can see why they'd want to move it as far back as possible. But I'm not looking forward to the Ridroid quests, I've always hated that vehicle, and never want to deal with it, ever.

@coldreactive said in PSO2 Roadmap + Global Release + Steam:

@Z0DIAK-BRAVE said in PSO2 Roadmap + Global Release + Steam:

Yeah, a little bummed that Etoile will be 2021, but it's probably one of the most OP classes for solo play. So I can see why they'd want to move it as far back as possible. But I'm not looking forward to the Ridroid quests, I've always hated that vehicle, and never want to deal with it, ever.

Well Ridroid quests was pretty much useless. 😕

I mean the main question is, since they said all content, are we also getting all scratch items and collaborations? In my opinion that is considered part of the "content". Also etoile wasnt listed...

I think scratch and collabs will be secondary. Yet I am interested in a certain voice. As long as we have crafting among other things, I'm fine.

@Bass-Captain-2 said in PSO2 Roadmap + Global Release + Steam:

are we also getting all scratch items and collaborations?

I really hope we get the FFXIV stuff too. Especially the outfits and whatnot. But SE might want to actually propose a collab on their side too before they allow SEGA to do it again in NA.

@Bass-Captain-2 said in PSO2 Roadmap + Global Release + Steam:

I mean the main question is, since they said all content, are we also getting all scratch items and collaborations? In my opinion that is considered part of the "content". Also etoile wasnt listed...

Etoile wasn't listed since its part of "Episode 6 (Part 2)"... much like JP did, they are dividing the content of Episode 6 into two parts apparently...

We may not get Etoile until early 2021.

One thing to keep in mind about the "content" is that that claim was only about content available in JP up to that point, which was June 2019. Stuff like Etoile, as mentioned by other users, was released in JP in December 2019, so that kind of "content" was never guaranteed for this year.