Why did IGN delete the tweet for Episode 4?

What an odd way to announce content

Well, I can say the trailer was the only content in the summer games event. That may be why.

Its because at the end of the video it says - And more PC platforms soon - im sure that wasn't meant to happen as the video was deleted off the PSO2 twitter.

Because they were nearly 30 minutes late and didn't want to apologize. They were even late when they said it would come at 15 minutes after the hour, instead it came out at 22 minutes after the hour.

This whole announcement is a mess and miscommunication.

Apparently IGN mistakely revealed the trailer (which is revealed 6 years ago LOL...) early. So basically IGN just replayed the same trailer again.

@Ash-Lv1 I can only imagine Sega now vowing never to partner with western companies again.

First Microsoft bungles the launch, and now this "reveal" is botched by IGN! 😆

@BlockedMarlin58 said in Why did IGN delete the tweet for Episode 4?:

I can only imagine Sega now vowing never to partner with western companies again.

Square Enix puts their arm around SEGA.

"My good man. How about a jolly old... CO-OPERATION."

And then Square Enix stabs them in the back and re-uses some of the assets for a much-needed Star Ocean MMORPG.

@coldreactive Would you want a Star Ocean MMORPG in FFXIV's style or PSO2?

I'd prefer it to be action combat but I'm not the biggest fan of lobby style play

The IGN video was re-posted and PSO2 Twitter retweeted the new one: https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1271569674107531264

@BlockedMarlin58 said in Why did IGN delete the tweet for Episode 4?:

@coldreactive Would you want a Star Ocean MMORPG in FFXIV's style or PSO2?

I'd prefer it to be action combat but I'm not the biggest fan of lobby style play

Probably action combat. They did an okay job with Anamnesis.

I mean it's IGN i never payed attention to game journalist ever personally.

@coldreactive Whoa, do tell me more about this back stab from Square Enix. I mean, is there a history here? I am intrigued because I enjoyed Star Ocean 3.

Also separate from that -

I found it funny that they just had the trailer as the PSO2 segment. That's it. I get more satisfaction from the main account for PSO2 mentioning there is crafting and other features coming then what they put up for the PSO2 segment.

@Ranmaru said in Why did IGN delete the tweet for Episode 4?:

Whoa, do tell me more about this back stab from Square Enix. I mean, is there a history here? I am intrigued because I enjoyed Star Ocean 3.

It was mainly in jest. Square Enix isn't really a backstabbing type of company... most of the time. Look at how they literally remade FFXIV to save it. Instead of just abandoning users.

They had to delete the tweet because it had too much water.

@coldreactive said in Why did IGN delete the tweet for Episode 4?:

@Ranmaru said in Why did IGN delete the tweet for Episode 4?:

Whoa, do tell me more about this back stab from Square Enix. I mean, is there a history here? I am intrigued because I enjoyed Star Ocean 3.

It was mainly in jest. Square Enix isn't really a backstabbing type of company..." most of the time. "

Very important. I am still upset at how they and Nintendo fell out, especially with the Mario RPG character licencing.