PSO1 Blue Burst and Universe private servers

I'm going to assume that at least a few people in these forums have played Blue Burst(Ultima server) and Phantasy Star Universe's private server(Clementine). I have a few questions.

How does Blue Burst feels and how far along was Clementine in terms of feeling like the original experience?

I really don't think discussing unauthorised private servers on an official forum of a game series is wise.

I mean,they have litterally killed the games. They do not sell it anywhere anymore except the offline portion of PSU..

Blue burst to me feels like ,, 1000 year prior to Arks ( more or less), That is the time that PSU was around. As far a The Clementine Server , Last I heard that they managed to get up to 45% of the original game that was Playable., Without the UQ's and some other things that you could not do. Currently, It has been offline Since January, As I understand it , There is going to be a Completely wipe of the server For the last time, So - IF you have made any progress prior to that, You are going to need to start fresh. Basically- PSU is more or less a template of what PSO2 is now. At least not without looking like some GIGANTIC shopping mall. LOL. If I'm not mistaken.. the Planet known as LILIPA, isn't that the ORIGINAL RAGOL??

@DDDDLife said in PSO1 Blue Burst and Universe private servers:

Planet known as LILIPA, isn't that the ORIGINAL RAGOL??

No. PSO2 take place in a new time line in a new space time. PSO2 event doesn't touch PSO time line. Ragol is Rykros. If you play PSU many PSO stuff become back because of Rykros. And PSO2, PSU content comme back because Emilia and Vivienne come from space distortion with their ship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV46u-qX2Po Its in jp , I need to find the ENG one.

@I-UsagiTsuki-I I really want a Vivienne outfit for a female cast...

@Miraglyth said in PSO1 Blue Burst and Universe private servers:

I really don't think discussing unauthorised private servers on an official forum of a game series is wise.

I second.

@Morgothryuzaki said in PSO1 Blue Burst and Universe private servers:

I'm going to assume that at least a few people in these forums have played Blue Burst(Ultima server) and Phantasy Star Universe's private server(Clementine). I have a few questions.

How does Blue Burst feels and how far along was Clementine in terms of feeling like the original experience?

Ephinea is by far the more popular PSO server, methinks. Couldn't ever get Clementine to work, login credentials would never take...but I played PSU and the expansion AOU on PS2, PC, and 360.

In terms of how they feel...

PSO: Janky even for its age, and bit more of a methodical combat system but still a pretty fun game. The story had the benefit of being made during a time where "anime"-ing the heck out of it wasn't as possible as it is with pso2 so the narrative presented in a much darker tone IMO, which was a good thing I think. Dark Falz was a very mysterious being that presented a great sense of cosmic mystery, very lovecraftian in the way, also that it could infect people and such.

PSU: Ummm, the story is kinda trash and it's only relation to the overall PSO narrative was essentially tying everything together in to a space time continuum web, which makes everything really confusing. I thought the combat was an OK advancement for the series but there were a lot of things I didn't like about PSU namely the grinding system (original PSO2's came close to being just as bad). Phantasy Star Portable 2 is actually a much improved game in almost every respect and I highly recommend it (if you know how to emulate PSP). It uses the PSU engine but makes all the right changes and improvements. It's a shame the online community lasted so briefly for that one.

@I-UsagiTsuki-I said in PSO1 Blue Burst and Universe private servers:

@DDDDLife said in PSO1 Blue Burst and Universe private servers:

Planet known as LILIPA, isn't that the ORIGINAL RAGOL??

No. PSO2 take place in a new time line in a new space time. PSO2 event doesn't touch PSO time line. Ragol is Rykros. If you play PSU many PSO stuff become back because of Rykros. And PSO2, PSU content comme back because Emilia and Vivienne come from space distortion with their ship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV46u-qX2Po Its in jp , I need to find the ENG one.

This isn't really correct.

Ragol =| Rykros.

Rykros in PSU is a reference to the exact same planet of the same name in the classical PS games, that simply harbors and manifests itself as a planetary depiction of the profound darkness/dark falz. It constantly shifts dimensions trying to find a suitable environment to dominate every few thousand years-ish. While Dark Falz takes root on Ragol during the narrative of PSO1, eventually possessing Rico, there is no corroborating evidence or confirmation that Ragol becomes Rykros or visa versa.

The crossover event only reaffirms the idea that all of the phantasy stars are only related interdimensionally, with the only universal constant being dark falz/profound darkness as he is able to actually travel to and from each of them.

Rykros had data that, in PSU, was decoded in to a VR mission that blatantly fan serviced the old PSO levels, which was essentially a confirmation that Rykros is constantly moving between dimensions and picking up "data" that can be interpreted by the humans found in the different dimensional circumstances. Rykros is never actually mentioned or, in any way seen or used, as a plot point in PSO though. So it simply imples that Rykros has been to the dimension where Ragol exists due to Dark Falz presence there and attempt at going ham on the universe in that space time continuum.

So to be clear, TLDR; Profound Darkness/Dark Falz tends flip dimensions all the time, each Phantasy Star game is a different space-time continuum, and every now and then in more modern PS games starting with PSO they give us subtle references to the other Phantasy Star dimensions existing somewhere beyond our own such as weapon drops and "data" picked up off of Darkness/Seed/Falspawn locales.

It's cheeky but that's the most connection they're probably ever gonna give us. It's cosmic and kinda intriguing, for sure. I like that sort of stuff to begin with which is probably something I liked about the series when I first was introduced.

All the tons of Online references in Universe came from its expansion, Ambition of the Illuminus, and was pretty much a kneejerk response to the critical panning the game's initial release got for not being Online.

I still believe this is why Online 2 is called Online 2 (making it the first and still only time in 33 years they've used the numbering of a sequel for a game with no continuity), despite retaining many of the iterations brought in by Universe. Fortunately including Just / Timed / Perfect attacks which were probably the best thing to come from AOTI and a good pace evolution of Online's attack mechanics.

@Zipzo I played a bit of PSO back on the Gamecube,I played SOME PSU like very little of it. Portable 1 and 2 is where I REALLY got in the whole franchise.

I do remember one of the missions in Phantasy Star Zero linking PSO1 to it with data found on the moon saying that the planet's original name before the Great Blank was Coral, which was the name of the planet the Pioneer Project fled from, so that seemed more like a sequel to the first PSO in probably the least obvious way than PSO2; PSP2 is probably one of my favorite games in the franchises, it felt like it improved on a lot of things from Universe! I'm personally a bigger fan of Ephinea myself for PSO1.

Clementine went offline in December they are going to release it in few months as the full version I think.

There were times it was more fun then pso2 for me. Can't wait till it comes back.

@redPG It was fun, But I still can get over How the Initial ship looks like some Super sized shopping mall .. xD

There are alot of things I prefer about PSU > PSO2. The lobby being one of them. And how every planet had it's on lobby/city and you could stay in a party even if you went to another world. Also 6 man parties and the rare PSO1 quests.

Great game on pso2 maintenance days or after you reach end game on pso2

@redPG said in PSO1 Blue Burst and Universe private servers:

There are alot of things I prefer about PSU > PSO2. The lobby being one of them. And how every planet had it's on lobby/city and you could stay in a party even if you went to another world. Also 6 man parties and the rare PSO1 quests.

Great game on pso2 maintenance days or after you reach end game on pso2

I kinda didn't like how every major location had several separate lobbies separated by load times because it split the playerbase super thin throughout the game and made it difficult to perceive activity compared to just joining a busy block in PSO2 or PSO.