Sidestep plus

so i have convinced myself that this skill was pointless to invest as the best you will get out of it, maxed out is around 0.2s that being said i prefered investing my skills in other things like damage or defense or in the case of my hunter main, more flash guard. But eitherway i want to hear what others think about it, and ive been looking around but not many people talk about its usefulness. That being said.

Is side step plus worth investing into or is it really just so insignificant that youre better off investing elsewhere?

Depends. If you can use your default i-frames from a Sidestep (0.05 seconds out of the full 0.2 seconds of the animation), then it's not too necessary to take points into Plus.

Personally, if I have the extra points I tend to take 4SP (+0.13 seconds) into it since that is the equivalent of what you get from the default Step Roll Advance from the two subclassable Scion classes, which is what I have gotten accustomed to, otherwise I just skip it.

side step plus is the only reliable iframe techter class can get when subbing Hunter right now(unless u equip charge tech guard ring).

so it depends, well i wouldn't really know, im not particularly that great at dodging but i would try to block more often than not atleast on my hunter to trigger guard advance for the damage bonus. I just wonder if it makes enough of a difference, i guess for some classes it does.

@Ash-Lv1 This is what I was wondering. Im currently playing Techer as my main, and the default side step is awful. There are times when I am certain I iframed an attack but apparently I didnt. The timing is kind of strict. Are the extra frames noticeable when maxed?

@HeWhoCriedWolf said in Sidestep plus:

@Ash-Lv1 This is what I was wondering. Im currently playing Techer as my main, and the default side step is awful. There are times when I am certain I iframed an attack but apparently I didnt. The timing is kind of strict. Are the extra frames noticeable when maxed?

you will have iframe for pretty much the entire side stepping animation duration.

Hmmm...

As mentioned its a pretty niche skill to invest in. I find it has very limited use, for me, not enough to justify the use of the skill points. I did use it for a good majority of leveling and after resetting my skill points I decided not to take it and found it it made little to no difference for me. besides, in a game that focuses so much on rush down damage and team play you really want t be investing more in higher numbers then survivability. But that's just my opinion.

I decided the skill was unless until I did SH raid bosses were you can only block some boss attacks through the use of side stepping since than I always put 5 points into my sidestep.

@SonoVulpin said in Sidestep plus:

I decided the skill was unless until I did SH raid bosses were you can only block some boss attacks through the use of side stepping since than I always put 5 points into my sidestep.

You put 5 SP into Side Step Plus? You know the I-frame maxed out at 0.20s. It wont go over 0.20s if you maxed out Side Step Plus on both Main and Sub. Best way is to add 2 SP on Main and 2 SP on Sub. 0.18s is all you need for the I-Frame.

@ChainLis Sidestep Plus from different tress does not stack like that. It only takes into account the version with the highest effect, so if you have 2SP in it on both trees, you only get 0.09s, not 0.18s.

sidestep plus is a trap just like dex and then you have to pay for respec or wait until august. they make them look and sound good on purpose so you will waste your precious points on them like i did.

i will also reiterate that paying for respecs is bogus and they go that extra mile by making sure theres a very high chance a new player will mess up thier tree. you can be very selective and still mess up very easily like i did because they decieve you on purpose. the deception comes from the fact that in most games dex is very good except in this game and they even word it to sound good but its not. i mean who doesnt want to be able to deal more damage as a dps am i right. they have even talked about this on redit for years but i was ignorant and didnt know.

most new players i can guarantee put points in dex thinking it was good because it looked good then when you found out its a waste of points your left out to dry like a sorry sad sack that sega doesnt give a damn about unless you give them money. i think a good fix would be to redo the way dex works or remove it completely like others have suggested.

it also is a shame because i just bought persona 4 golden on steam because it finaly came out on steam for those who only game on pc. im absolutily ashamed at sega for pay gating respecs when for years i thought they were consumer friendly. selling respecs is not what a consumer friendly company does.

@Manslayer490 said in Sidestep plus:

it also is a shame because i just bought persona 4 golden on steam because it finaly came out on steam for those who only game on pc. im absolutily ashamed at sega for pay gating respecs when for years i thought they were consumer friendly. selling respecs is not what a consumer friendly company does.

Blaming SEGA for your own incompetence?

Gold.