Can starting a UQ on purpose with 7 people be considered gameplay sabotage?

Usually i can ignore a lot but why start a UQ with 7 people knowing your going to fail and those in the gate can not get out once its started. I wish there was a vote system if the game saw there was not a full group. Hell id take a underleveled group over half of one. Even if I still failed the quest.

It sucks, but the other 6 could always bail and rejoin.

We tried. We all ran out of the gate before it hit 1 cause the person would not stop the countdown but we still got pulled into the eq. I mean its not world ending (heh) but still annoying.

there is no punishment for abandoning the quest when it's not 12 men full MPA. someone started early, all u have to do is when it's done counting and not filled, just abandon the quest and it will send ur squad back to the lobby. Leave the person whoever want to solo to enjoy the game alone.

Trust me i would but once you enter I think that counts as your 1 try for that eq.

I just bail if that happens. It is annoying when people do that. Yet that's why I don't stand at teleporter until there are 12 people present.

@Meta77 Main Menu > Quests > Quest Info > Quests Abandoned > abandon the quest. This is what Ash Lv1meant, I suppose. Running out from the gate just means you are not teleported to the battlefield right away, you are still joined in the quest.

@Fiona-Respha said in Can starting a UQ on purpose with 7 people be considered gameplay sabotage?:

@Meta77 Main Menu > Quests > Quest Info > Quests Abandoned > abandon the quest. This is what Ash Lv1meant, I suppose. Running out from the gate just means you are not teleported to the battlefield right away, you are still joined in the quest.

Ah well if it happens again ill try it and see if it locks the gate or not. I do not mind missing a world breaker here and there but goodness it can be annoying.

It be nice if they had a system in place that prevent the activation of the gate without the full 12 players. I've had this happen to me a few times and while some UQ aren't too bad just takes longer to kill the boss others it a nightmare were you end up running out of time because you can't kill the boss.

Problem with that is, some people like to solo UQ's sometimes, if they put a restriction on teleporter only starts with enough players, you essentially just screwed over those people, solo speed running UQ is a thing.

@Rumi7364 said in Can starting a UQ on purpose with 7 people be considered gameplay sabotage?:

Problem with that is, some people like to solo UQ's sometimes, if they put a restriction on teleporter only starts with enough players, you essentially just screwed over those people, solo speed running UQ is a thing.

Which would that be, i haven't seen any of those.

@Macmaxi said in Can starting a UQ on purpose with 7 people be considered gameplay sabotage?:

@Rumi7364 said in Can starting a UQ on purpose with 7 people be considered gameplay sabotage?:

If a UQ requires 12 people to start, this person wouldn't be able to make an amazing video like this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6lhZluJmXU

Yes, very annoying. I always hop out of the transporter and logout log back in the game to get out.

o/ =^.^=

@Macmaxi said in Can starting a UQ on purpose with 7 people be considered gameplay sabotage?:

If a UQ requires 12 people to start, this person wouldn't be able to make an amazing video like this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6lhZluJmXU

I misread your initial post, my bad. But you are right, it would screw up those people. Although i could see them doing it if this was an actual problem (it isn't). OP probably just had a new player who pressed the TP without knowing what's going on.

I think a vote to teleport system would work fairly well, so like if more than half the current people in the instance vote ready, the teleport starts, instead of giving the full power to a single person, and should prevent trolls single handedly wasting everyone's time. But I'd rather not having a voting system just because it's usually slow and currently i rarely see people starts the teleporter prematurely, people i saw usually starts it at 10 to 11 person and by the time it hits 12 people the teleporter have just about 5-10 seconds on it, which does result in saved time of 20 ish seconds and i do appreciate that.