Error 630 is killing this game, this needs fixing but probaly will not be.

If 630-Chan keep disconnecting you. Might have to add [Port Range Forwarding]. The ports should be 12000 to 12999. Use TCP. Do not use UDP or Both.

If you added the ports and still getting disconnected by 630-Chan. It's probably a router setting. Login into your Router and look for [DHCP] and change the [Client Lease Time]. Default is 1440 which it renew every 24 hrs.

I change the Client Lease Time to 1 and it solve my disconnection issue. 630-Chan must be mad that I'm not playing with her anymore.

If you are using wireless you will get 630'd. So I recommend using wired instead of wireless.

You might also want to give PSO2 a High Priority setting in your router. If you have that setting.

Forwarding the ports doesn't stop the error 630, ping plotter shows quite clearly no loss of internet, no packet loss either.

he.png

Same effect after beating Magatsu, ping plotter showing no packet loss or internet issues. However, did notice one strange error ICMP error 1231 though, and that has the potential to cause the error 630...however that error didn't occur during the boss fight.

Untitled-1.jpg

@Amari-Kigu is that Port Range Forwarding? I dont use NetGear so i wouldn't know.

Did go to your QoS Setup and set PSO2 to Highest?

NetGear PSO2 High Priority.png

Didn't fix the issue, looking more and more likely server and client is desynching too often for people and that is causing error 630.

@ChainLis said in Error 630 is killing this game, this needs fixing but probaly will not be.:

Did go to your QoS Setup and set PSO2 to Highest?

NetGear PSO2 High Priority.png

@Amari-Kigu said in Error 630 is killing this game, this needs fixing but probaly will not be.:

@DrabMosquito312 Its not, I tested it by using 3rd party software to see if there is any packet loss. This is the server, this also happened back around 2015 on the Japanese server but it was fixed, for some reason...the NA server has the problem.

Okay, I've done this since JP release of E3 and now on NA E3, it is NOT Sega's servers and it wasn't then either. The difference is, I lived in Japan. I'm not saying the error doesn't exist, however..there's a SIGNIFICANT difference of people experiencing this from Japan and connecting outside of it.

The error first started being a problem after Sega blocked western connections to the JP servers. It was "fixed" in Jp version because the IP Region blocking was lifted and they allowed proper routing through the lobby and content servers.

If it's happening to you and select people with similar ISPs or through the same route/node/backbone..it's an ISP problem.

Hello, this is extremely good information for our support team to have. Would you mind submitting a ticket for documentation purposes if you haven't already?

I've actually been having this same exactly problem with only the Magatsu urgent quests and have no idea what's causing it as well. I've actually made a post about it around 6 hours ago with the same kind of screenshot shown of the part I got disconnected on. alt text

@Razalicious said in Error 630 is killing this game, this needs fixing but probaly will not be.:

@Amari-Kigu said in Error 630 is killing this game, this needs fixing but probaly will not be.:

@DrabMosquito312 Its not, I tested it by using 3rd party software to see if there is any packet loss. This is the server, this also happened back around 2015 on the Japanese server but it was fixed, for some reason...the NA server has the problem.

Okay, I've done this since JP release of E3 and now on NA E3, it is NOT Sega's servers and it wasn't then either. The difference is, I lived in Japan. I'm not saying the error doesn't exist, however..there's a SIGNIFICANT difference of people experiencing this from Japan and connecting outside of it.

The error first started being a problem after Sega blocked western connections to the JP servers. It was "fixed" in Jp version because the IP Region blocking was lifted and they allowed proper routing through the lobby and content servers.

If it's happening to you and select people with similar ISPs or through the same route/node/backbone..it's an ISP problem.

Normally, I would agree with you because I also played on the JP server through 630 chan era but this problem is different, people are getting the errors on different ISPs, routing through different nodes. I've exhausted the amount of tests I can do on my end, changed routers and even swopped out modem and the error persists, changed the cat 8 cabling. Also, I have verizon DSL as a backup service and its a simple cable swap to use and the error also still persists on an entirely different ISP which could mean the backbone in-between client and server has issues.

But also, I've noticed the error persists more often on blocks with premium overflow - just now for instance, watching the concert on block 003 I got a random error 630.

Magatsu UQ just started so, I can swop my cable out to Verizon DSL instead of gigabit comcast and see if I still get the D/C after beating Magatsu, the thing is...if he escapes, I don't DC and I can collect the reward, if the group beats him entirely...that always causes an instant DC...that is the part which is obviously software or server related, thats why I firmly believe the current error 630 is server related since its happening at far too specific points.

Confirming, changing my ISP from Comcast to Verizon using different equipment still yields error 630, so it has to be either internet backbone providers from server to client, or server issues and honestly, I'm leaning significantly to server issues because the error 630 happens at far too specific times to be anything but.

Soon as Magatsu is defeated and flies into the sky, the connection is server is immediately lost which I could have captured a screen shot at that very specific point but I see it each and every time. If this error was backbone, ISP or user equipment related it would happen much more randomly, and probably more frequently....consider this error is happening at the same time, each time - it's obvious its software bug or server related.

The question is, are Emergency Quests Peer to Peer, or are they handled by microsofts servers? My tech friend has suggested there is an issue with peer to peer if the host has significantly slower internet speeds or significantly faster than your client and is timing out. Example, host is on 10Mbps DSL and I'm on 900Mbps fiber - the speed differential is significant and the server maybe timing out the clients who are not connecting at a similar speed, all conjecture though - I can test this theory by the next time Magatsu EQ happens....I can run normal mode solo and see what happens, If I don't get disconnected then its a peering issue, if I get disconnected then its either server, internet related.

630.jpg

pso20200617_233643_002.jpg

I have the exact same issue with some Urgent Quests. I always get this error after the victory cutscene on Magatsu; sometime on other quests with the same cutscene as well (Falz, Luther).

@Amari-Kigu But to be honest,this isn't an issue that everyone has. I certainly have never had it and I play all day. I'm not so sure its their servers at this point,otherwise everyone would have it.

Those who have this issue and use Xfinity/Comcast; have you turned off Advanced Security on your account? It caused the 103 error for some so I'm wondering if it might resolve this issue:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/using-xfinity-xfi-advanced-security

Thank you guys. Will be reporting this.