Error 630 is killing this game, this needs fixing but probaly will not be.

@GHROTIC said in Error 630 is killing this game, this needs fixing but probaly will not be.:

Those who have this issue and use Xfinity/Comcast; have you turned off Advanced Security on your account? It caused the 103 error for some so I'm wondering if it might resolve this issue:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/using-xfinity-xfi-advanced-security

That was the first thing I turned off when I first started getting the errors, I never got error 103 anyway - I've personally only ever got error 630. Which is often a peering issue on games that use peer-to-peer communication, considering that I rarely get error 630 solo but I get it frequently when playing with others, especially alliance members and is repeatable issue.

Not sure what changed, but today was the first time I was able to collect the Magatsu reward after beating it, I thought I was going to d/c again as per usual but regained connection after the victory screen. Unsure why today was different since all the other times always caused this error.

This has been happening to me since may 6th. I get the error 630 in 5 hour intervals through out the day. This sucks but at least i can predict it after the first one. Ive been through 2 modems and routers trying different methods to resolve the issue. Ive also taken my isp to the woodshed as this is happening in a few other games as well. Apps that only use download like streaming services (netflix, disney+ and etc) are unaffected. Only apps that use upload bandwidth have the issue even though it doesnt effect everything i play. Your idea about the backbone is most likely the culprit. There was some reports this week about alot of DDOS attacks hitting the US that were effecting alot of isps and cell carriers (t-mobile, verizon and at&t). If this has been going on for a while to varying degrees i can see how some would have issues and some would not since all internet traffic does not take the same routes. Just my 2 cents.

@X-Ichimaru-X If that's the case,it could explain why people like me aren't being affected,I live in Canada.

@Amari-Kigu Normally for me it's not all the time that this happens, yet it still happens a lot. No idea why it's not consistent and it worries me because I'm not knowing when it'll happen exactly the next time when I'm doing Magatsu's urgent quests. It's like taking a chance to become unsatisfied by defeating the bosses and not getting the guaranteed loot drops or being satisfied by actually getting the loot by from the boss without disconnecting. It's definitely just an unfair thing to be happening knowing that most others aren't experiencing this certain problem and getting the guaranteed loot every run.

@Amari-Kigu said in Error 630 is killing this game, this needs fixing but probaly will not be.:

Not sure what changed, but today was the first time I was able to collect the Magatsu reward after beating it, I thought I was going to d/c again as per usual but regained connection after the victory screen. Unsure why today was different since all the other times always caused this error.

This afternoon it just worked for me as well. First time out of 4 attempts throughout this week.

@FallaciWorld said in Error 630 is killing this game, this needs fixing but probaly will not be.:

@Amari-Kigu said in Error 630 is killing this game, this needs fixing but probaly will not be.:

This afternoon it just worked for me as well. First time out of 4 attempts throughout this week.

And today, its back to very frequent error 630 that I can't even do regular AQs solo.

Likewise, just had 630 happen on Magatsu again.