How long does powershell repeat itself for when you use the file for the tweeker?

So I reinstalled.. through the tweeker. 93k files. Finished.

Running power shell with the win store fix.. it’s been going on for well over an hour. It’s cycled through one. Then back to the black sys32 files then back again to the blue screen and now going through all of the files.. again.

Is this normal? Why isn’t this mentioned on the tweeker when it tries to ask you to download from the Microsoft store?

Yes it is normal (I went through the same stuff). The script is cleaning your MutableBackup folder where this crap of MS Store created numerous backups of PSO2). For each sub-folder, the script is first taking ownership of the files, and then run RoboCopy to delete the files in batch mode, hence the repetitive black(takeownership) / blue (Robocopy) screen. Good luck with your new install.

@Utahime39 None of that happened to me, thank god; I would've been terrified my PC was being corrupted or having windows 32 files deleted or something.

I'm really sorry you had to go through that DHG, hopefully everything is working fine.

@Wusscake said in How long does powershell repeat itself for when you use the file for the tweeker?:

@Utahime39 None of that happened to me, thank god; I would've been terrified my PC was being corrupted or having windows 32 files deleted or something. I'm really sorry you had to go through that DHG, hopefully everything is working fine.

Thanks for the kind words, I assume that for 80% of the people they had no issue and MS Store worked as intended.

For the other ppl though yes it was certainly tough, hence the outrage. The worse being that MS Store not only prevented a proper install of PSO2 but was actively killing drives by filling the backup folder with useless duplicates of the game. And on top of that inside a folder that is not accessible to the local user (even with admin privileges) without some technical shenanigans.

That's this last part that the script is fixing and that lacks some explicit documentation, but given the awesome work of the ARKS-Layer team I won't complain about that.

Can you still edit the user file for 4K resolution?