SHIP 1 OR SHIP 2? THAT IS THE QUESTION...

I traditionally play on ship 2. Played the beta on ship 2. Now i am reading that there is a great appeal for ship 1. What are your guys thoughts?

It doesn't really matter, just play on whichever ship your friends will be playing on.

I'm going on Ship 1 because I'm lazy too click down. Also, a lot of my chums decided to pick Ship 1 cause why not. What Mokari said is pretty much what ya gotta do, pick a ship with your friends and have fun!

I was originally going to pick ship 2 because that's the traditional ship for foreigners on JP server. But then somebody mentioned to me that a lot of the veteran players will probably be going to ship 2 and newer players naturally will flow into ship 1 with some more experienced players going there as well. So if you want the best mix of new and veteran players, ship 1 might be the way to go. So that seemed like a pretty good point to me considering I am practically new to the game (haven't played in 7 years).

And I heard from a few people that on the JP server, everything being sold on the market on ship 2 is more expensive? Whether that would carry over to NA or not who knows. But I'd like to avoid the potential high prices. Also -1 down click for laziness.

I told all my friends these points and we decided ship 1. Then the Closed Beta opens up and Ship 1 was the only available ship to choose anyway so it worked out.

@Home-Dog said in SHIP 1 OR SHIP 2? THAT IS THE QUESTION...:

I was originally going to pick ship 2 because that's the traditional ship for foreigners on JP server. But then somebody mentioned to me that a lot of the veteran players will probably be going to ship 2 and newer players naturally will flow into ship 1 with some more experienced players going there as well. So if you want the best mix of new and veteran players, ship 1 might be the way to go. So that seemed like a pretty good point to me considering I am practically new to the game (haven't played in 7 years).

This is what I considered as well, Ship 1 is better for new players while a lot of veterans will choose Ship 2. Then again, you should probably just pick the Ship that your friends will be on like what previous users have mentioned.

@HAVOC308 Ship 2. The reason more people were on it at the start is because we were locked out of the other ships until they opened ship 2 afterwards. I think most of the people that are ship 1 originally wanted to be on ship 2 . I'm a new player on ship 2 because that's where most people were going according to a poll that was taken. But like I said, people who wanted to go on ship 2 were forced to join ship 1 during CBT. I know some people will be transfering back to ship 2 when cash shop becomes available. But, you should join whichever one you prefer.

Neither, I will be playing on Ship 06. I couldn't decide on which to play on and decided to roll the dice. (Literally) Rolled a 6 three times in a row.

I'll be playing on Ship 6 myself, since it's one of my favorite and lucky numbers.

Hoping for a one-time free character transfer to ship of choice, but I am not sure how that works for Alliance leaders.

I am going for a different ship when they are available. I also plan on spending a lot of time in the "Beginner" blocks to help newer players ease into the game.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in SHIP 1 OR SHIP 2? THAT IS THE QUESTION...:

Hoping for a one-time free character transfer to ship of choice, but I am not sure how that works for Alliance leaders.

I am going for a different ship when they are available. I also plan on spending a lot of time in the "Beginner" blocks to help newer players ease into the game.

They'll probably make you leave the alliance before you can transfer. Or make it so you appear as (Unable to Retreive) like in FFXIV. (FFXIV also makes it so you can't be selling things on the market.)

@coldreactive said in SHIP 1 OR SHIP 2? THAT IS THE QUESTION...:

They'll probably make you leave the alliance before you can transfer. Or make it so you appear as (Unable to Retreive) like in FFXIV. (FFXIV also makes it so you can't be selling things on the market.)

When you transfer as a leader you will be removed from the Alliance and the next highest ranking or longest recruited member of the Alliance becomes the leader.

Personally will just be following whatever alliance I link up with.

I think for my absolutely "min/max sweaty mlg" character, I'll go with the most robust ship as it's be easier to find the really hardcore grinders. However, I'd more likely chill on lesser crowded ships with friends/clanmates and just have fun playing as whatever.

Where I statrted from in CBT, ship 1.

I'm focussing on ship1 but will create characters on all ships to play on haha. That way if I have friends on more ships I can play with them all :3