LIST OF INCOMPATIBLE SOFTWARE WITH PSO2

DFO. Really annoying that I can't rack up honey time while playing PSO2.

Have Vipre. Winstore version runs fine.

I use Trend Micro and haven't had any issues. It isn't even on the exceptions list, though I also don't use the Tweaker, which is what this seems to be about. Even when I had the Tweaker for the JP version last year it wasn't stopped by the Anti-Virus. I needed to click allow on a window popup from the Windows Firewall to allow it through the Firewall, though. TM enhances the already existing Windows Firewall to make it more secure, but if you are an admin on your PC, it will allows ask you when something suspicious tries to happen through the firewall and gives you an option to allow or block it.

@DDDDLife said in LIST OF INCOMPATIBLE SOFTWARE WITH PSO2:

OH Good to know as well. Can you give me some more Info? Like what is the name of the .EXE for that program. and what did you do to make it so that your game would work.?

Advanced Combat Tracker.exe and all I did was close the program.

I'm using McAfee, no problems so far (none that are related to the anti virus anyway).

Good o'l anti-viruses screwing up installs and executables.

That's the 1st thing I do when I get a new computer. Uninstall the anti-virus.

This is especially true if, Your Laptop or rig came with Pre-installed software and also when you happen to also do a OS restore that reverts the OS back to its original state when you first had it.

NZXT CAM software for me conflicts with Game Guard. It sets the cpu temp to 100 degrees which in turn sets my fans to full speed. The cpu isn't actually that hot, but it is really annoying so I have to turn it off.

@IzzyData Thank you for the info. 😄

Yeah Avast killed my game on JP and NA. Be carefull to put the "pso2_bin" folder to the software's exceptions.

@animeregion Odd? some players report having issues with the same software. Maybe cause they didn't allow permissions?

For those who use FF14 parser know as ACT is also one of them that crashes it. I dont think it was mentioned yet.

Thank you Good to know as well.

@LapisWave said in LIST OF INCOMPATIBLE SOFTWARE WITH PSO2:

@animeregion Odd? some players report having issues with the same software. Maybe cause they didn't allow permissions?

For those who use FF14 parser know as ACT is also one of them that crashes it. I dont think it was mentioned yet.

I did earlier in the post.

@Raltar Ah mmkay. So they are both the same program.?

Yeah. ACT, or Advanced Combat Tracker. It sets off Game Guard. Turning off the program fixes the issue.