LIST OF INCOMPATIBLE SOFTWARE WITH PSO2

PSO2 INCOMPATIBLE APPLICATIONS ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE

Please note that it would be impossible to identify every Application that has an issue with PSO2. If you have Applications that have similar features to the ones below,Then please report if fixing them solves any issues. This thread exists MERELY as a ways for some to get some much needed solutions. Those of you that want to share any other software that may have brought you issues, Please share them here. I sincerely hope that this information posted here will aide you greatly in your gaming. You can also get more assistance in the "technical" help section on discord. ------>https://discord.com/channels/212902524162801664/715096061735075850

Programs Filename Issue Solution
360 Security ---- Silenty blocks the tweaker and our plug-ins Uninstall and re-boot
AVG AVGSvc.exe Will block the Tweaker, our plugins, and in some cases the game itself some cases the game itself Add the folder where "PSO2 Tweaker.exe" is located as well as the "pso2_bin" folder to the software's exceptions
AVAST! aswhookx.dll AvastUI.exe Will block the Tweaker, our plugins, and in some cases the game itself Add the folder where "PSO2 Tweaker.exe" is located as well as the "pso2_bin" folder to the software's exceptions
AVIRA Avira.Systray.exe avguard.exe Avira.ServiceHost.exe Will block the tweaker, our plug-ins and in some cases the game itself Add the folder where "PSO2 Tweaker.exe" is located as well as the "pso2_bin" folder to the software's exceptions
BITDEFENDER DevMgmtService.exe vsserv.exe Prevents GameGuard and/or the game from loading Both steps are required: ◈Set Advance Threat Defense to disabled◈Add the folder where "PSO2 Tweaker.exe" is located as well as the "pso2_bin" folder to the software's exceptions
BULLGUARD BgAgent.dll Crashes the game or causes GameGuard errors You will need to uninstall it and reboot your computer as it does not listen to exceptions
BYTE DEFENSE ByteFence.exe ByteFenceService.exe Malware disguised as anti-malware You will need to uninstall it and reboot your computer as it does not listen to exceptions
CHARTER SUITE ----- Will block the Tweaker, our plugins, and in some cases the game itself Unknown
COMODO cis.exe isesrv.exe Will block the Tweaker, our plugins, and in some cases the game itself You will need to uninstall it and reboot your computer as it does not listen to exceptions
ESET ekrn.exe egui.exe Will block the Tweaker, our plugins, and in some cases the game itself. Can also cause infinite tunnel Add the folder where "PSO2 Tweaker.exe" is located as well as the "pso2_bin" folder to the software's exceptions
F-Secure fsorsp64.exe Prevents the Tweaker from being able to do anything In your F-Secure panel click browsing protection > settings > untick: "Block suspicious websites" > click on Ok.
GATEWAY ------ Prevents the patches and plugins from being downloaded Disable SonicWall and add exclusions
IOBit MALWARE imf.exe IMFsrv.exe Will block the Tweaker, our plugins, and in some cases the game itself You will need to uninstall it and reboot your computer as it does not listen to exceptions
Kaspersky avpui.exe avp.exe Has issues with GameGuard that will either cause errors or a BSOD It needs to be disabled then exited using task manager
LAVASOFT Lavasoft.WCAssistant.WinService.exe Will block the Tweaker, our plugins, and in some cases the game itself Unknown
MALWAREBYTES mbamservice.exe mbamscheduler.exe mbae-svc.exe mbamtray.exe Will block the Tweaker, our plugins, and in some cases the game itself Add the folder where "PSO2 Tweaker.exe" is located as well as the "pso2_bin" folder to the software's exceptions
MacAfee SSScheduler.exe mfemms.exe Will block the Tweaker, our plugins, and in some cases the game itself You will need to uninstall it and reboot your computer as it does not listen to exceptions
NORTON nortonsecurity.exe Will block the Tweaker, our plugins, and in some cases the game itself Disable it if possible or you will need to uninstall it and reboot
PANDA ------- Crashes the game and causes GameGuard errors You will need to uninstall it and reboot your computer as it does not listen to exceptions
SOPHOS McsAgent.exe SAVAdminService.exe Will block the Tweaker, our plugins, and in some cases the game itself Add the folder where "PSO2 Tweaker.exe" is located as well as the "pso2_bin" folder to the software's exceptions
SPYBOT SEARCH AND DESTROY sdtray.exe sdimmunize.exe Crashes the game or causes GameGuard errors Disable it if possible or you will need to uninstall it and reboot your computer
Trend Micro coreServiceShell.exe uiWatchDog.exe coreFrameworkHost.exe Blocks the Tweaker and our plugins, preventing the game from launching Needs to be disabled completely when trying to launch the game as it does not listen to exceptions
VIPRE ------ Prevents the patches and plugins from being downloaded Disable real-time scan and on-file access
WEBROOT WRSA.exe Will delete PSO2.exe and prevent it from being downloaded Both steps are required:◈Add the folder where "PSO2 Tweaker.exe" is located as well as the "pso2_bin" folder to the software's exceptions◈Turn off the Web Shield when opening the Tweaker and playing
Windows Defender MSASCuiL.exe MsSense.exe smartscreen.exe Prevents access to game settings causing an infinite tunnel Do not disable Windows Defender as this does not help! Do these steps:◈Add the folder where "PSO2 Tweaker.exe" is located as well as the "pso2_bin" folder to the software's exceptions◈Ad both "pso2.exe" and "PSO2 Tweaker.ex"e to Windows Defender's Controlled Folder Access feature
ZEMANA zam.exe Will block the Tweaker, our plugins, and in some cases the game itself You will need to uninstall it and reboot your computer as it does not listen to exceptions
Zone Alarm ------- Prevents the Tweaker and/or GameGuard from connecting You will need to uninstall it and reboot your computer as it does not listen to exceptions
e-Scan escanmon.exe escanpro.exe Dodgy Antivirus that flags the Tweaker, Plugins and game Unknown if folder exceptions can be added, you'll need to figure this out yourself or uninstall it
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
OPERATING SYSTEM: WINDOWS 64 BIT.
CPU PROCESSOR ( MINIMUM:) Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 or better
Memory: ( MINIMUM:) 2 GB RAM or higher
Storage:60 GB or higher (Formatted NTFS)
GRAPHICS : ( Or Known as GPU- MINIMUM).NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT or betterAMD RADEON HD 2900XT or better Intel HD Graphics 4000 or better
DIRECT X 9.0 or better
Sound Card: ( Compatible sound card , or onboard sound driver)
Additional notes: A high speed broadband connection is required. Storage and graphics requirements will change without notice.

Original Source:

Hmmm got no problems with 360, Norton, or Windows Defender with PSO2 for my system.

@animeregion Odd? some players report having issues with the same software. Maybe cause they didn't allow permissions?

I use Kaspersky and i never had problem with it either.

Also Damn that list is big.

@Dracoco1214 Yeah, Im not entirely sure. But , these are the reports.

@Dracoco1214 Well , I feel bad for those who cannot enjoy the game Like I do. So I want to try to do my part and help them.

Avast will actuall false positive pso2.exe after the latest update. Not just tweaker.

Thank you ! Good to know. 😄

Have Mercy GM's Could you at least pin this thread for others to look at? 😄

I notice that if I have ACT(it is a parser for FFXIV) it will set off the game guard.

OH Good to know as well. Can you give me some more Info? Like what is the name of the .EXE for that program. and what did you do to make it so that your game would work.?

While the thread title says "incompatibility with PSO2", from what I read on that list it seems to be more aimed at the unofficial tweaker. I personally have Malwarebytes and I get no problems with the vanilla game. But I assume something about the tweaker may raise a flag. Usually the basic solution to an anti virus messing with programs such as Tweaker is to add the app and whatever working folders it has as an exception so the anti virus doesn't scan it. Emphasis on working folders because, while I don't know how Tweaker works, some other unofficial apps for other games create separate folders, usually somewhere in user>appdata.

AVG deleted my game the first time.

@Jr

Me too. It was weird, I played last night after downloading, tried to start the game, and all I got was a white line at the bottom of the icon. Did not ask for permission before quarantining the .EXE file.

Any Microsoft Windows IOS