Super Hard content,get in it when you have the damn gear.

Just had one of the worst runs in Dark Falz Luther... Don't get me wrong,I'm not geared in a top tier fashion. I have decent gear for that kinda stuff. I'm not expecting everyone to get maxed out or anything.

BUT FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD AND HOLY,don't go into such an instance when you do barely 1000 damage per hit,PLEASE. Its not even about being elitist anymore,its about common sense. People just want to get in there and get a full carry...And then you get an entire group made up of these..Like what happened to me just now. That's 50 minutes wasted and ressources wasted.

I'm sorry to hear that your Luther failed and you had to play the game for 50 minutes, just to miss out on 3 Excubes and 50k EXP. I'm sure that the other players are also miffed that they couldn't get carried for... 3 Excubes and 50k EXP.

I don't think i ever had more fun than getting my ass kicked in random MPA's in TD3 where tower health is at 10% for the last 3 waves. You'd be suprised how boring UQ's become once you kill complete them in 5 minutes.

@Macmaxi Its about basic respect actually. Especially when its an instance that only happens once in a while and that you cannot even queue again for. You enjoy failing? good for you. I enjoy not wasting almost an entire hour of my time when i could have been doing something that actually led to something.

I already know what you're going to say. BUT WHAT ABOUT THEIR FUN. You mean the same exact fun they can have by going to a difficulty tailored to what they can handle?

Reminder that experience gains in Very Hard are still really, really good in most cases and will get you said exp with less hassle if you lack the gear. You might actually benefit from remaining on very hard.

Also if you are high enough level for super hard, you are high enough level to at least invest in a Nox weapon and upgrade it. Doesn't even need good augments, the attack jump will often be enough to make you contribute slightly. Don't make the "but meseta" excuse either, as reaching the level for super hard (level 50) massively increases the meseta from arks mission weeklies and opens up the 100k+ dailies at the daily orders counter.

@SuccubusAlice Exactly. Its not that hard to get decently geared and contribute enough so that the entire thing doesn't result in a 50 minutes waste of time.

@Macmaxi said in Super Hard content,get in it when you have the damn gear.:

I'm sorry to hear that your Luther failed and you had to play the game for 50 minutes, just to miss out on 3 Excubes and 50k EXP. I'm sure that the other players are also miffed that they couldn't get carried for... 3 Excubes and 50k EXP.

I don't think i ever had more fun than getting my ass kicked in random MPA's in TD3 where tower health is at 10% for the last 3 waves. You'd be suprised how boring UQ's become once you kill complete them in 5 minutes.

LOL speak for yourself, me and my alliance and our co alliance's have a blast in certain UQ's. Our attention spans dont die off that quickly aslong as the UQ has either a use or is fun/challenging we like it.

Excubes are important I'll take those anyday. And if youre still leveling, any exp is good exp.

Hmm, I have had this issue in about 3 games where no one knows exactly where to hit and when. This causes the quest to fail and yeah, about 30 minutes down the drain. I will leave this here for anyone that isn't sure how to properly fight it.

alt text

@Macmaxi Clearly it isn't enough since people don't get it. Also if you don't want to participate,then the virtual door is right there for ya to take,just saying.

Yeah I was doing Magatsu on my fighter last night. Was level 73. Someone thanks me for the carry afterwards and I was confused. I suppose low levels sneak into things. I sort of agree that it would be respectful, but I don't think there's any real way to control this as a F2P game, truth be said. There will be always new players and retiring players due the genre of the game.

@Morgothryuzaki said in Super Hard content,get in it when you have the damn gear.:

@SuccubusAlice Exactly. Its not that hard to get decently geared and contribute enough so that the entire thing doesn't result in a 50 minutes waste of time.

Lmao it actually made me mad for once when I tried luther a long time ago, and the randoms couldnt do jack to him. I checked the roster of the people in the mission, most were undergeared af. I was like "I cant carry the entire room".

@Rzarcasm I'm not asking perfection,hell I'm still getting used to some of the phases myself. Hard to get fully accustomed to everything on Very hard since he dies too fast.

@Pulptenks said in Super Hard content,get in it when you have the damn gear.:

Yeah I was doing Magatsu on my fighter last night. Was level 73. Someone thanks me for the carry afterwards and I was confused. I suppose low levels sneak into things. I sort of agree that it would be respectful, but I don't think there's any real way to control this as a F2P game, truth be said. There will be always new players and retiring players due the genre of the game.

When your alliance does it for the first time and perfects it every time. Even the newer members had a crack at it. Its fun when everyone learns but if its people genuinely wanting a carry and not trying to learn. Man..

@Pulptenks Actually,there is.

Final Fantasy XIV has a thing called Item Level. Its basically the general level of the gear. It wouldn't cost SEGA anything to implement such a system. It would it so people who have the minimum required gear to get in and anyone who doesn't,can't. Wouldn't guarantee a success,but iot would at the very least guarantee that no one who isn't up to the task sneak in.

This topic... looks familiar...

But hey, since I have a new story to tell and others seem to be doing it, perhaps this topic could be Luther stories.

For the Luther round an hour ago, I was using an alt who hasn't quite reached 40 yet, so I had to run it on Hard. We had 12 people and to my surprise I was the only one who broke out of the time stop. The second time when it was starting up, I shouted how to break out and still nobody else did. We scraped through, but at the expense of a couple half-scapes and plenty of moons!