Game works on pc but runs like absolute dog crap.

I have a gaming laptop. An ASUS TUF GeForce Gtx graphics card etc.

I play on Xbox as well. There, it looks amazing. On this laptop it looks absolutely horrible. The lobby, test and even the video in the lobby look good. The character models are hazy. Very pixelated. Running in a run is ok but it feels like I’m drunk in slow motion. Sort of like if you forgot to turn game mode on and you try to play with a controller.

I can run every other game I play on medium to max settings. But for some reason this older game, 8 years old runs like crap.

I’ve maxed it out, no difference. Ran it through the tweaker at 1920x1090, nada. Regular launcher, same stats, nothing. What gives?!

While it's not the sharpest game around (8 year old game and all that), I'm running it on two computers at very acceptable visual quality settings. One thing to note is that this game has two separate graphics menus. One is accessed through the launcher's Environment Settings button before starting the game, and the other is accessed in game through the options menu. While some of the settings are repeated in those menus, some are not, so I had to adjust things in both of those to get the visual settings I wanted.

@DHG-MumfordsSon said in Game works on pc but runs like absolute dog crap.:

ASUS TUF GeForce Gtx graphics card etc.

First this ain't really Technical support section.

Second, nobody can work with such incomplete information.

I have everything maxed out. It’s mainly running thorough missions when the enemies are on screen looking blurry as hell and moving in slow motion.

On Xbox it’s flawless. I feel like when you used to go from ffxiv on PS3 to PC and the graphical differences were unbearable. Idk what else to try either. Rendering is at 6. 1920x1080. Even the screen shot from the nvidia program of the game looks great.

@Pulptenks said in Game works on pc but runs like absolute dog crap.:

ASUS TUF GeForce Gtx graphics card etc.

First this ain't really Technical support section.

Second, nobody can work with such incomplete information.

Wouldn’t matter, it should run on max like everything else is what I’m getting at.

Wouldn’t matter, it should run on max like everything else is what I’m getting at.

I guess you're right. Would not matter to help someone who can't help themselves at obtaining help.

You mention blurry? The game's default AA is total crap. Turn that off and use either nvidia control panel or nVidia Inspector for a slightly better AA filter.

@Pulptenks

Just trying to save time as it doesn’t seem that would do Much for any of us.

But it’s a nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 8 HB RAM.

It's possible that the game is trying to run in the integrated graphics and not in your NVidia GPU (it's something that happens alot in laptops on multiple games). Most likely you have to set up a profile in the Nvidia Control Panel for the game and set it to use the NVidia GPU instead of the integrated graphics.

First off, if you installed the game with the MS store expect garbage experience you should uninstall it and install Arks-layer Tweaker and fully install the game in a custom directory on the drive of your choice (prioritise C/ though we never know) with the tweaker you have extended configuration compared to the normal launcher, of course if you want to skip that just know Anti aliasing is aids and you should lower the fps count and character details mostly to enhance your experience, as a side note my pc is hot garbage and run the game perfectly.

@Dracoco1214 said in Game works on pc but runs like absolute dog crap.:

First off, if you installed the game with the MS store expect garbage experience you should uninstall it and install Arks-layer Tweaker and fully install the game in a custom directory on the drive of your choice (prioritise C/ though we never know) with the tweaker you have extended configuration compared to the normal launcher, of course if you want to skip that just know Anti aliasing is aids and you should lower the fps count and character details mostly to enhance your experience, as a side note my pc is hot garbage and run the game perfectly.

While the tweaker can help people who have never touched the MS before there is noting wrong with the MS store. I am running the game fine at max settings, uncapped frames and the game looks and runs amazing .

@Ezodagrom said in Game works on pc but runs like absolute dog crap.:

It's possible that the game is trying to run in the integrated graphics and not in your NVidia GPU (it's something that happens alot in laptops on multiple games). Most likely you have to set up a profile in the Nvidia Control Panel for the game and set it to use the NVidia GPU instead of the integrated graphics.

I’ll attempt this.

@Meta77 The MS store is trash, full stop.

Okay guys,yes the Windows Store is garbage,but it DOES NOT affect image fidelity nor visual quality. At all. A launcher is never going to affect an actual game visuals lol.

@Ezodagrom said in Game works on pc but runs like absolute dog crap.:

Holy monkey balls this actually fricking worked.

I have an annoying PHYSx > CPU symbol at the top left of the screen but other than that the game finally runs properly.

I’ve never had a game to default to integrated graphics before that.