Recycle badge scam

I checked every single shop in the game there is NO way to trade recycle badges to anything. is this some kind of trap to make people trade in their AC items for non-used currency? and yes i checked the swap shop npc 50 times... unless i'm misunderstanding something with all the engrish going on. all i see is Mission Badge, and Target AC scratch ticket item.. whatever that is suposed to mean.. (why not just call it "AC scratch ticket"?)

could they have made these shops any more complicated? also what is the deal with the capsules being in the Actracite store, what is wrong with putting them in the swap shop?? arrrrghh!!

In the same shop that you trade your 10* and 11* items into excubes and such, scroll down. The items in the middle there can be traded using un-wanted AC Scratch items, as well as Recycle Badges. Recycle badges count as AC items for the purposes of that shop and will assist with not cluttering your inventory.

@Skyfir51 said in Recycle badge scam:

In the same shop that you trade your 10* and 11* items into excubes and such, scroll down. The items in the middle there can be traded using un-wanted AC Shop items, as well as Recycle Badges. Recycle badges count as AC items for the purposes of that shop and will assist with not cluttering your inventory.

so recycle badges can be used instead of what is described as: Target AC scratch ticket item?

edit: double checked and that seems to be the case, very odd translation lol thank you so much for ending my headache

Yep.

No Problem 🙂

I'm still not getting this. If a Recycle Badge is what you use as a "Target AC scratch ticket item" in the swap shop, the price for a Recycle Badge is a Target AC scratch ticket item. So what you're saying is you use a recycle badge to get a recycle badge?? That makes no sense...

@BigRed said in Recycle badge scam:

I'm still not getting this. If a Recycle Badge is what you use as a "Target AC scratch ticket item" in the swap shop, the price for a Recycle Badge is a Target AC scratch ticket item. So what you're saying is you use a recycle badge to get a recycle badge?? That makes no sense...

You use any item with a green border that signifies it is from AC scratch.

@BigRed Think of recycle badges as saving you inventory space if you only want AC Items to later exchange them for something like 4-slot insurance items. Instead of keeping 100 pieces of outerwear you don't intend to use, you collapse them all into Recycle Badges and free up 99 inventory slots.

This may not seem super useful atm, but apparently some players have been hoarding badges since the game released in preparation for an upcoming Limited Recycle Badge shop that includes affix capsules for end-game augments (astral soul, mana reverie, either factor, etc.). I imagine prices will rise dramatically at that time but I haven't had the meseta to spare to stock up yet myself 😕

@BigRed said in Recycle badge scam:

AC items often don't stack.

Recycle badges do.

Another function of recycle badge is that it can serve as an index of the minimum price of AC scratch items.

For example, the price of recycle badge is around from 350k to 360k on ship 1 at the moment, if I found an AC item sold at half that price, I might be able to buy it and exchange it to the badge and sell for a better price. If there were some other people doing the simlar thing, we can expect the price of unpopular AC scratch items converges to the price of recycle badge.

@Rang-Dipkin It's pretty out from the thread topic, but in JP server, the augment items for Astral Soul/Aether Factor/Mana Reverie are listed on the mission badge swap shop. I don't think they'll change the item requirement in the global, so what you need to hoard is those mission badges, I guess.

@Fiona-Respha Ahh, that's really good to know! I was just going off a Reddit discussion about recycle badges where they talked about a limited AC item exchange and linked this video. But on 2nd look it may have been tied to an anniversary event so there's no guarantee we'll get it eventually. Makes me feel alil better about only having a handful of recycle badges for mag form change passes, haha.

@Rang-Dipkin there been 2 limited AC item exchange since the 8th anniversary event on JP - the first was the 8th anniversary event, the second was the Arks Autumn Function 2020 web event. The items in there differ from one to another especially for the S-class auguments. But the add ability capsules like sentence xxx or catalysts, omega memoria, ether soul were the same for both events - but these are untradeable versions (R versions). We get tradeable version of these from the mission pass as mission rewards.

Everytime the limited AC shop happens, all fashion and recycle badge price spikes, it went up to 2.8mil per badge/low end fashion during the 2nd limited AC shop.

@HarmlessSyan said in Recycle badge scam:

But the add ability capsules like sentence xxx or catalysts, omega memoria, ether soul were the same for both events - but these are untradeable versions (R versions). We get tradeable version of these from the mission pass as mission rewards.

To add onto this: They were made untradeable because people started using multiaccounts to get what was supposed to be a limited exchange per person.

The people multiaccounting to get a bunch of the items from the exchange were banned as a result, btw. Thus why there's a lot of confusion as to the stance on multiaccounters on Global, since the few people that are currently abusing it for other rewards haven't been touched in months.

@HarmlessSyan Thanks for all the detailed info! Both the AC and Mission Badge exchanges sound great and make me more hopeful that I'll be able to get some of the high-end affixes on an end-game unit set.