Use the tweaker

Until Microsoft actually gets things fixed, use the tweaker for the love of god

@Wusscake said in Use the tweaker:

Until Microsoft actually gets things fixed, use the tweaker for the love of god

Yes, it is the Alpha.. 😱

o/ =^.^=

Do you have a guide on how to install it? I'm done with the MS store... It's been two weeks and the issues are STILL there

The tweaker doesn't seem to improve lag for me, but it's been a while since I had to reinstall so maybe it 'is' working.

@Algestes There's a guide for it on the page where you download it. Make sure you follow it to the T because there's a few little things you have to watch, and a command you have to copy/paste into your gameguard to fix the game's netcode.

@Hownztooth You have to do a fresh reinstall when downloading the tweaker; if you just downloaded it and ran it, odds are it didn't do anything.

Game deleted itself with the patch so i reinstalled it 2 times and every time the same problem with no Access to pso2.exe . I'm reinstalling the game for the 3rd time via Tweaker hope it runs after this. What a joke.

With the update, game redownloading 100%... super

Not everyone has to use the Tweaker though. On every PC I installed the game on directly though the MS Store, there were no errors or anything that people have been reporting. That is a total of 4 completely different systems, all running Windows 10, that have had 0 issues installing and running the game now. They are fully updated with required Windows 10 updates and all on Windows 10 Home. They all use a Microsoft Account to log-in and those accounts are also Administrator accounts on the respective computers. Installs and updates work flawlessly since PC launch. One was even a fresh install of Windows 10 Home with no other programs or modifications made to Windows. I live in the USA, so that might also be a factor. They all installed DirectX for UWP Desktop, as well as a UWP Desktop version of Visual C++ runtime 2012, 2013, and 2015, as well as Microsoft's Gaming Services. I also noticed that MS Store updated last night, as well as the XBOX Game Bar. After last night's maintenance, the lobby lag when running from the launcher is also gone, in-game.

@Wusscake That's what I did. I followed the "set up guide" that it prompts. Other guides say not to and have different instructions, but I'm not going bother reinstalling until I have to at this point.

Okay, this video addresses the issue I had with the tweaker, in case anyone else needs it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4hsCZ3pigk

I had no issues until the patch which broke the game for me (wouldn't load up), so installed with tweaker and it works now

@Quicksilven said in Use the tweaker:

I had no issues until the patch which broke the game for me (wouldn't load up), so installed with tweaker and it works now

I want to copy this and paste it all over this forum.

I have no problems at all on two computers. One is an MSI raider laptop with i7 9-whatever-HQ cpu / rtx2060 gpu and the other is an ibuypower desktop with i7 8700k / gtx1080. All installed through MS store. On the laptop it was to C drive. On the desktop it was on my F drive. Hasn't had any installation issues and the only problem I ever had was the lobby stuttering, which was fixed pretty much completely by the Jun 10 update.

So this proves that different people are having different experiences. Some get smooth installation and use. Some even get forced to reinstall their operating system. Maybe one or two out there got their computers blown up at the mere thought of installing this game, who knows. Why these totally opposite outcomes happen? I don't know. Low compatibility? Maybe. And if it's that, then it's the dev's job to fix it and make it more compatible with more PC configurations out there.