Ok, what Set should I be using? Because I'm Doing It Wrong.

@SeriPSO2 said in Ok, what Set should I be using? Because I'm Doing It Wrong.:

@Eguzky said in Ok, what Set should I be using? Because I'm Doing It Wrong.:

@KnightHarb1nger said in Ok, what Set should I be using? Because I'm Doing It Wrong.:

Ah okie.. ..sounds like you're on a good track then. I was having similar sentiments/issues with a Ra (Ranger)/Fo (Force) combo. DUMB idea on my part. I was so fast/eager to get out the gate I chose what felt/seemed good.

If I recall with myself right around now you should start feeling the benefits of the Hu (Hunter) subclass. As all those SP (Skill Points) in the Brave Stance will help rock up that glass a lot. ;~) Then also a Pure RNG Support Mag as well from a take down before getting to you stand point.

o/ =^.^=

In your case, you can still take another sub class as you're not locked to any class just picking them. It's your mag that locks you to what classes are available for you.

Another thing is that Hu sub-class tend to build for Flash Guard or Iron Will (preferably flash guard) after getting their their fury stances/Perfect Attack skills completed.

It's only advisable to take R-atk Mag if and only if @Eguzky is going pure bow and wants to play with other r-atk specific classes like Gu or Ra, otherwise Dex would be much preferable as it enables them to be able to equip much better gears early on like Brissa/Saiki/Ultimate Corrupt sets and Nemesis/Slave weapons for example.

I'm 55 brv/30 Hun with a pure dex MAG and a Nox katana at the moment. ANy stronger katanas are more meseta than I have.

Once you're 50, you have access to make easy meseta. Your weekly ARKs mission bumps up to 2m weekly PER character (So 2.5m weekly guarantee with weeklies + Yerkes). On top of daily COs like explorations/boss slaying that gives 100k+ (Bal Money-dos has its 120k and 250k quests). You should be able to make enough once you hit 50 contents that you can easily afford 13*.

If you need any actual assistance in-game and are on Ship 2, I don't mind helping you in-game.

I'm on Ship 1, but thank you for the offer 🙂

@Lvost1990X said in Ok, what Set should I be using? Because I'm Doing It Wrong.:

@KnightHarb1nger said in Ok, what Set should I be using? Because I'm Doing It Wrong.:

Ah okie.. ..sounds like you're on a good track then. I was having similar sentiments/issues with a Ra (Ranger)/Fo (Force) combo. DUMB idea on my part. I was so fast/eager to get out the gate I chose what felt/seemed good.

If I recall with myself right around now you should start feeling the benefits of the Hu (Hunter) subclass. As all those SP (Skill Points) in the Brave Stance will help rock up that glass a lot. ;~) Then also a Pure RNG Support Mag as well from a take down before getting to you stand point.

o/ =^.^=

In your case, you can still take another sub class as you're not locked to any class just picking them. It's your mag that locks you to what classes are available for you.

Another thing is that Hu sub-class tend to build for Flash Guard or Iron Will (preferably flash guard) after getting their their fury stances/Perfect Attack skills completed.

It's only advisable to take R-atk Mag if and only if @Eguzky is going pure bow and wants to play with other r-atk specific classes like Gu or Ra, otherwise Dex would be much preferable as it enables them to be able to equip much better gears early on like Brissa/Saiki/Ultimate Corrupt sets and Nemesis/Slave weapons for example.

I'm 55 brv/30 Hun with a pure dex MAG and a Nox katana at the moment. ANy stronger katanas are more meseta than I have.

Well, you could have saved some meseta by not +10'ing 7* units. Don't know how much meseta you used but, yea.

True enough. I did it because I felt I was dying in 1 or 2 hits. But I have been making meseta back by selling female clothing off FUN scratch tickets in the personal store.

Yes sir, those sell like hot cakes. Lol.

Back / Glan Schild
Arms / Glan Pike
Legs / Circuray or Sub / Weapon Barrier or Legs / Diavo Zanaf (<- in that order of priority)

PSO2 is very much a game about avoiding or otherwise preventing damage rather then taking it to the face, as such enemies tend to hit pretty hard. If you are using katana getting down your perfect guard timing is very important, as it; Prevents damage, Unleashes a powerful counter, and Activates focus. Keep in mind though, the attack has to come from in-front of you and the game isn't always super consistent about that. If you are using bow, you can prevent damage by abusing your range and getting used to step dodge timings (its tight but once you have it down its second nature). As someone else pointed out Katana escape skill on Katana combat makes you immune to damage for about 20 seconds (which is VERY long time in a game like this).

Now of course you aren't gonna become Neo over night and never take damage, your secondary, Hunter, is very good for this. Hunter has access to skills like "Auto-mate Half" which automatically uses healing items for you, instantly, with no animation at half HP(with 10 points) and "Iron Will" and its child skill "Stalwart spirit" Which when both maxed, give you a 75% chance to survive a killing blow with 1 HP, and 15 second of invulnerability when you do (Along with some melee attack). Hunter sub is very good for adding a bit of survivability and if you are having issue staying alive, I recommend making a detour for one of these skills.

@RiotSiren said in Ok, what Set should I be using? Because I'm Doing It Wrong.:

PSO2 is very much a game about avoiding or otherwise preventing damage rather then taking it to the face, as such enemies tend to hit pretty hard. If you are using katana getting down your perfect guard timing is very important, as it; Prevents damage, Unleashes a powerful counter, and Activates focus. Keep in mind though, the attack has to come from in-front of you and the game isn't always super consistent about that. If you are using bow, you can prevent damage by abusing your range and getting used to step dodge timings (its tight but once you have it down its second nature). As someone else pointed out Katana escape skill on Katana combat makes you immune to damage for about 20 seconds (which is VERY long time in a game like this).

Now of course you aren't gonna become Neo over night and never take damage, your secondary, Hunter, is very good for this. Hunter has access to skills like "Auto-mate Half" which automatically uses healing items for you, instantly, with no animation at half HP(with 10 points) and "Iron Will" and its child skill "Stalwart spirit" Which when both maxed, give you a 75% chance to survive a killing blow with 1 HP, and 15 second of invulnerability when you do (Along with some melee attack). Hunter sub is very good for adding a bit of survivability and if you are having issue staying alive, I recommend making a detour for one of these skills.

Thank you very much for the info. 🙂

Take advantage of the ARKs Rally Boost to level up your primary subclass and then get Summoner to +75 for the permanent HP increase.

After you get the full +150% exp boost you can just grind Floating Facility for burst exp gains with a party of 4 to make it go even faster. (MAGATSU is also dropping 10* weapons with Alternate History, another Exp boosting Augment)

@John-Paul-RAGE said in Ok, what Set should I be using? Because I'm Doing It Wrong.:

Take advantage of the ARKs Rally Boost to level up your primary subclass and then get Summoner to +75 for the permanent HP increase.

After you get the full +150% exp boost you can just grind Floating Facility for burst exp gains with a party of 4 to make it go even faster. (MAGATSU is also dropping 10* weapons with Alternate History, another Exp boosting Augment)

What I really need to do is get a Slave Cougar to replace my Nox Sagephus. If I kill things before they hit me, I cannot die. But they're around 20 million on Ship 1. x.x

So yeah; I'm still doing alerts and such to level up and get meseta.

@Eguzky for survivability the Nemesis series offer a shield that mitigates damage periodically, so it can be useful for learning how to counter with katana.

In some scenarios you will most likely get clipped no matter what, so the extra permanent HP is helpful.

Is there some way to tell if a Unit is part of a set? I keep saving random units because they look unique. Like Fenibyte & Fenulion; they both say they have 'Blue sword plating' so I assume it's part of a set. But arks visiphone is VERY incomplete; the Elegaxia set I'm wearing is not even listed in it.

Click on them in your inventory and choose "Confirm set effect" mind you some of them also pair with a weapon

@RiotSiren said in Ok, what Set should I be using? Because I'm Doing It Wrong.:

Click on them in your inventory and choose "Confirm set effect" mind you some of them also pair with a weapon

Oh! Thank you!

Don't forget to do a little jump at the end of your rolls since every class gets access to a passive around lvl 20 which sets you to full run speed when doing so! It's kind of worded oddly so it never clicked what happened when I did it until recently (I was expecting it to make me do some sort of special dash move, not just let me go back to running at full speed again instead of waiting 2-3 seconds after attacking). Also if it ever feels cumbersome to double tap a direction to roll if you're playing KB+M, x is a hotkey for it as well. I've gotten quite good at doing it in rapid succession on my ranger, which is great because I've taken a liking to spamming wild wallop like a dingus.