Ok, what Set should I be using? Because I'm Doing It Wrong.

I'm using Elegaxia, all +10, and I'm still taking 200-300 damage on SH, maybe even VH, as a Braver. Which is around 1/3rd of my HP.

So what set should I be going for to not be so squishy?

Braver has no damage mitigation skills though it does have utility skills. Your subclass matters too, another thing is what you're taking hits from (either elite mobs, boss, etc,). Other things to consider is whether you're using bow or katana.

Though this thread is better asked in the Class Section Threads, specifically the Braver section, which you'll most likely be able to find your answer there.

200-300 damage is about right? I mean SH bosses is more about playing smart then it is about rushing in guns blazing. Most people will argue you to get +30 gear but not me, i do the in and out approach. Rush in, do some damage, then back off to avoid the next attack. But in the end you do you.

well at this point i think your only choice is to get more health, that's what i did with my ranger, still fairly squishy, but not so much that i can actually survive attacks. In SH mode or harder you have to really learn how to dodge or when to block, the gear at best will be there to make up for your mess ups when you fail to do that at the right times.

Ahh, okay. Thank you everyone. 🙂

It felt like allot of damage, but this is an action MMO, where I'm not meant to just purely tank damage like you would in your more conventional MMO where dodging is not really possible. I need to adjust my thinking and learn to Perfect Block better.

Instead of perfect blocking, you can try dodging more. I constantly dodge, a lot, sometimes preemptively. You also have Katana Combat which is basically 20 seconds of invul.

If I may ask what Lvl. Braver and subclass are you currently using..?

@KnightHarb1nger said in Ok, what Set should I be using? Because I'm Doing It Wrong.:

If I may ask what Lvl. Braver and subclass are you currently using..?

Level 55 Braver and level..30-something Hunter, I believe.

Ah okie.. ..sounds like you're on a good track then. I was having similar sentiments/issues with a Ra (Ranger)/Fo (Force) combo. DUMB idea on my part. I was so fast/eager to get out the gate I chose what felt/seemed good.

If I recall with myself right around now you should start feeling the benefits of the Hu (Hunter) subclass. As all those SP (Skill Points) in the Brave Stance will help rock up that glass a lot. ;~) Then also a Pure RNG Support Mag as well from a take down before getting to you stand point.

o/ =^.^=

@KnightHarb1nger said in Ok, what Set should I be using? Because I'm Doing It Wrong.:

Ah okie.. ..sounds like you're on a good track then. I was having similar sentiments/issues with a Ra (Ranger)/Fo (Force) combo. DUMB idea on my part. I was so fast/eager to get out the gate I chose what felt/seemed good.

If I recall with myself right around now you should start feeling the benefits of the Hu (Hunter) subclass. As all those SP (Skill Points) in the Brave Stance will help rock up that glass a lot. ;~) Then also a Pure RNG Support Mag as well from a take down before getting to you stand point.

o/ =^.^=

In your case, you can still take another sub class as you're not locked to any class just picking them. It's your mag that locks you to what classes are available for you.

Another thing is that Hu sub-class tend to build for Flash Guard or Iron Will (preferably flash guard) after getting their their fury stances/Perfect Attack skills completed.

It's only advisable to take R-atk Mag if and only if @Eguzky is going pure bow and wants to play with other r-atk specific classes like Gu or Ra, otherwise Dex would be much preferable as it enables them to be able to equip much better gears early on like Brissa/Saiki/Ultimate Corrupt sets and Nemesis/Slave weapons for example.

@SeriPSO2 said in Ok, what Set should I be using? Because I'm Doing It Wrong.:

o/ =^.^=

In your case, you can still take another sub class as you're not locked to any class just picking them. It's your mag that locks you to what classes are available for you.

Another thing is that Hu sub-class tend to build for Flash Guard or Iron Will (preferably flash guard) after getting their their fury stances/Perfect Attack skills completed.

It's only advisable to take R-atk Mag if and only if @Eguzky is going pure bow and wants to play with other r-atk specific classes like Gu or Ra, otherwise Dex would be much preferable as it enables them to be able to equip much better gears early on like Brissa/Saiki/Ultimate Corrupt sets and Nemesis/Slave weapons for example.

I'm 55 brv/30 Hun with a pure dex MAG and a Nox katana at the moment. ANy stronger katanas are more meseta than I have.

Oh sure. I was mainly talking in terms of what we currently know and in the the early parts of the character journey.

There is always the plethora of choices and changes at any time.

o/ =^.^=

@Eguzky said in Ok, what Set should I be using? Because I'm Doing It Wrong.:

o/ =^.^=

I'm 55 brv/30 Hun with a pure dex MAG and a Nox katana at the moment. ANy stronger katanas are more meseta than I have.

Well, you could have saved some meseta by not +10'ing 7* units. Don't know how much meseta you used but, yea.

@Lvost1990X said in Ok, what Set should I be using? Because I'm Doing It Wrong.:

o/ =^.^=

Well, you could have saved some meseta by not +10'ing 7* units. Don't know how much meseta you used but, yea.

True enough. I did it because I felt I was dying in 1 or 2 hits. But I have been making meseta back by selling female clothing off FUN scratch tickets in the personal store.

o/ =^.^=

Once you're 50, you have access to make easy meseta. Your weekly ARKs mission bumps up to 2m weekly PER character (So 2.5m weekly guarantee with weeklies + Yerkes). On top of daily COs like explorations/boss slaying that gives 100k+ (Bal Money-dos has its 120k and 250k quests). You should be able to make enough once you hit 50 contents that you can easily afford 13*.

If you need any actual assistance in-game and are on Ship 2, I don't mind helping you in-game.