I'm out guys :) Enjoy the game

What a petty way to avoid the point. There you go, I've added in the irrelevant part of the sentences to my post. I hope you'll be comfortable answering my question head-on now.

@Miraglyth If it was irrelevant I wouldn't of added it. Serious you people need to learn how to quote and take in the whole discussion not just the part you want to hear.

@Miraglyth said in I'm out guys 🙂 Enjoy the game:

I hope you'll be comfortable answering my question head-on now.

If it's an issue of missed content, wouldn't it not matter? ship 04 would have the same event schedule as the other ships so you'd still be missing what has already come an gone.

Why not instead start a petition to add that content to the fresh finds store or better yet, remove the fresh finds store and put all the cosmetic stuff up for sale in a cash shop like any other reasonable MMO?

As for Community, that's what alliances are for, are they not? And if we are talking server wide community... well, what's the difference? Isn't playing an MMO about meeting new people and making friends and rivals?

And for economy... well, I've been playing only a week and a half and am sitting on 5 million meseta without selling anything in a player shop. some of the unique badge gear that's put on player shops is about 1-2 million gold (oops, i mean meseta) each (on ship 01), so it would seem to me currency isn't hard to come by. (but maybe I'm biased since I've been using all these free tri and gold boosts that are getting shoved into my inventory.)

edit: I should probably say I'm actually currently at 600k gold since I bought cosmetics and gear off of player shops. lol.

edit2: I should probably also admit that MMOs aren't about making friends and rivals. It's about collecting cosmetics and looking crisp AF. Fashion is the true endgame of all MMOs.

@Krapmyself said in I'm out guys 🙂 Enjoy the game:

If it's an issue of missed content, wouldn't it not matter? ship 04 would have the same event schedule as the other ships so you'd still be missing what has already come an gone.

The idea is that so would everyone else, so nobody within Ship 4 could lord their free special shinies over others.

In reality it doesn't quite work that way because using accessory tickets twice makes them work on all ships. Also campaign rewards can be picked up later. If the next maintenance in two weeks inexplicably added Ship 4, everyone who did the recently-concluded Join An Alliance campaign could still start a character there and wave scarves and rappies at new players.

And to be clear, that's only my biggest issue. Others want everyone to start at level 1 and for there to be an economy without billionaires when they start so they can be part of the market stabilising. To me that's an issue that'll balance itself out with time anyway but I understand the sentiment.

Why not instead start a petition to add that content to the fresh finds store or better yet, remove the fresh finds store and put all the cosmetic stuff up for sale in a cash shop like any other reasonable MMO?

Fresh Finds being horrifically overpriced is a totally separate matter, really.

As for Community, that's what alliances are for, are they not?

That's not what SonoVulpin means though. That's a different context for community than the deprived-content matter.

@Miraglyth

That's not what SonoVulpin means though. That's a different context for community than the deprived-content matter.

hmm. I guess I don't really understand the issue then. A ship's a Ship to me. I play on ship 01 cause that's the first ship the game had listed.

hmm. I guess I don't really understand the issue then.

I think the community is divided because some players were given a bunch of free items as a reward for being allowed to play earlier and PC players were left out. To me that is somewhat discriminatory, and at least a new ship where nobody was arbitrarily given free stuff to the exclusion of others would be more fair.

SonoVulpin's argument is that some players residing on a server where no copies of pre-PC cosmetics exist would be splitting the community by virtue of those players being separated from players who could get those cosmetics. In a literal sense it is a split, but he has continued to evade my attempts to get him to acknowledge that PC players on pre-PC ships are still left behind, recently claiming that XP, drop rate and money boosts were an honest attempt to catch them up (and then escaping to complaints about quotation behaviour when I pointed out that some of the missed cosmetics are marked not tradeable so money doesn't help).

im a pc player, i play on ship 1, i have caught up quite well and have had a ton of cosmetics sitting in my inventory and have alot of fashion option to choose from. the pre-existing economy on my ship did absolutely nothing to hinder my gameplay or my experience, in matter of fact i probably have made well over 100m since the pc release.

if not having the dreamcast mag and other very minor cosmetics is what did it for you, you were gonna quit sooner or later anywaays.

@Miraglyth said in I'm out guys 🙂 Enjoy the game:

hmm. I guess I don't really understand the issue then.

I think the community is divided because some players were given a bunch of free items as a reward for being allowed to play earlier and PC players were left out. To me that is somewhat discriminatory, and at least a new ship where nobody was arbitrarily given free stuff to the exclusion of others would be more fair.

SonoVulpin's argument is that some players residing on a server where no copies of pre-PC cosmetics exist would be splitting the community by virtue of those players being separated from players who could get those cosmetics. In a literal sense it is a split, but he has continued to evade my attempts to get him to acknowledge that PC players on pre-PC ships are still left behind, recently claiming that XP, drop rate and money boosts were an honest attempt to catch them up (and then escaping to complaints about quotation behaviour when I pointed out that some of the missed cosmetics are marked not tradeable so money doesn't help).

PC players getting a late start (2 months) on a server isn't discrimination. Discrimination is prejudicial because of who you are. Stop equating not getting to play the game 2 months earlier to actual discrimination.

You don't get to play 2 months earlier, all of the sudden it's the end of the world.

The OP has main protagonist syndrome. That's all it is and has nothing to do with if they missed out on content.

@PremedMetal196 said in I'm out guys 🙂 Enjoy the game:

if not having the dreamcast mag and other very minor cosmetics is what did it for you, you were gonna quit sooner or later anywaays.

It upsets the hell out of me and I have 200 hours of playtime already, so that statement is factually false. I didn't start this topic. I was always going to play this game.

The loss for Sega is that I'm in the same boat as people upset by the discrimination without escape - I was a day one buyer of packs if they'd treated me with an ounce of fairness and respect but because they've upset me I still haven't spent a dime. Though I will soon, it will be way more controlled than it would have been and I'll continue to take this position until they catch PC players up on free content that shouldn't matter to any pre-PC player if I own it or not. Edit: And if they do start being fair to the rest of us, the purse strings open. This isn't a threat or a bribe, it's just how it is. As a customer I don't feel comfortable spending when my experience is a damaged one.

Poor service results in less income, as it should, and that upsets me more because I know this situation is causing the server to make less money and who could be happy about that?

@2B said in I'm out guys 🙂 Enjoy the game:

PC players getting a late start (2 months) on a server isn't discrimination.

My goodness, you haven't read most of the messages. I've been saying for months I'm 100% okay with the staggered release, admittedly on twitter rather than here, and none of my messages on this forum have ever said otherwise. In this very topic I have said that most of the things other people take issue with (being lower level, having less meseta) get ironed out over time. I am fine with this.

My only cause of upset is that there is free non-tradeable content that is irreplaceable to me and which nothing on any of the JP lists is anything like, which PC players have been denied as a consequence of that delay. All I want is for that FREE content to be given out again. Who in their right mind would honestly oppose that?! And moreover, how could they possibly claim to do so in the name of fairness?

Please bro stop, the cosmetics are not GONE in JP old things get re-released all the time, sometimes in newer models/colors, nothing is actually "permanently unique" for the entire lifespan of the game.

Nobody is missing out on anything, it will come again.

@PremedMetal196 said in I'm out guys 🙂 Enjoy the game:

the cosmetics are not GONE in JP old things get re-released all the time [...] Nobody is missing out on anything, it will come again.

The Dreamcast evolution device was distributed precisely twice in JP, both times in 2015. It's been nearly 5 years and it hasn't come back. I don't care if one of the million sets of bat wings reappears annually, that doesn't mean everything does.

But tell you what. Get a GM in here promising that the 11 outstanding pre-PC items will be made available again on the same terms (i.e. easily accomplishable quests rather than spending $300 on AC scratch sets or $40 in the SG shop) within 6 months and I will settle for that. Promise.

You are in no position to be demanding, that's just the reality. you are not gonna get what you want all the time, that logic makes 0 sense. like i said previously, if a few cosmetics is the reason for people to be THIS upset, 3 letters for ya.

C Y A

No idea what that acronym stands for but it seems your only stake in this conversation is to tell other people not to talk so there's no point conversing with you. My reasonable request stands, let's get PC players caught up and everyone can enjoy the game in parity.

not to talk?...bro..please stop reaching. You're literally saying PC players arent "caught up" cause of 11 cosmetics that have 0 effect on gameplay.

????????????????