Release at Episode 3, or current JP Episode?

Sup friends? Just had a quick question; I saw some folks talking in game during the CBT saying that PSO2 West will release with the most recent update from the JP version. I have my doubts about that, but maybe I missed the memo. Anyone have sources on which Episode the West version will release with?

all we know is "ALL THE CONTENT.

when, we don't know.

@AlVaRo0515 Well, we've been waiting many years, suppose a couple more months for answers wont hurt much.

If they do a soft release i’d Say we get the stuff in cbt but if they release in like April Then I think we will get most if not all jp content

They did say all the content but it may roll out slowly thru out the year? A soft release with the open beta would be cool.

Well either way is fine I suppose, but I do wonder how the collaboration stuff will be handled. The JP crossover stuff is cool, but I have to wonder if Microsoft will consider doing their own IP crossovers. What would you guys think they'd go for, if any?

@JohnJohn741 Gears of war for sure, maybe that new Fable game they been working on and halo infinite ?

@JohnJohn741 said in Release at Episode 3, or current JP Episode?:

Well either way is fine I suppose, but I do wonder how the collaboration stuff will be handled. The JP crossover stuff is cool, but I have to wonder if Microsoft will consider doing their own IP crossovers. What would you guys think they'd go for, if any?

They very well could since they also put their games out there on PC now too. So the crossplay thing wouldn't be a problem.

Ooh man, the hype is building for potential. Even if its just PSO2 without any new interesting crossover stuff, its still a great game. I wonder too if they'll implement some kind of crossplay or cross progression. Probably a stretch, but a guy can dream.

@JohnJohn741 The game will be fully crossplay with other platforms in the NA region just like it is in Japan with PC, PS4, Vita and Switch PSO2 cloud (PSO2 cloud does have some limitations when it comes to crossplay tho).

I do see some collaborations with Xbox exclusive Titles since the game is being ran by Microsoft. I would like to see a Lancer camo for rifles.

@AlVaRo0515 Im pretty sure its being run by SEGA themselves Microsoft are just the server providers?

@AnonMarc said in Release at Episode 3, or current JP Episode?:

@AlVaRo0515 Im pretty sure its being run by SEGA themselves Microsoft are just the server providers?

I heard that its being ran by Sega of Japan and Microsoft is the server providers but I don't have the source to prove it so I don't know if that is true or not.

The closed beta showed Episodes 1-3 but could only play Episode 1. I was also curious on if the episodes will be a slow rollout.

@slavo It showed some of EP1-3, not completely. maybe due to lack of time in the beta to include everything, but it did show a good portion.