Game won't launch after update

My game wouldn't launch initially at launch so I changed the permissions on the windowsapps folder and that fixed it. Now after this update, it won't launch again. I know people are recommending the tweaker, but I'm not great at this stuff and I don't even know how to properly delete this game, let alone download it properly through the tweaker. Any advice? I'm so mad right now, after spending money on this game, to be unable to launch it is a slap in the face. Anyone know how to get a refund? Microsoft's website is impossible to find a person to talk to. Thanks!

@TodayRhyme12151 said in Game won't launch after update:

Microsoft's website is impossible to find a person to talk to.

You wouldn't contact them over a problem that's caused by a problem after the MS Store becomes unused by the game. (IE: After the installation via MS Store works and the game launcher, launches, then it's actually SEGA's problem, not Microsoft's. Since Microsoft only gives support for MS Store errors/etc.)

Having the same problem. I got the same error messaged as I've gotten before after updating, so I thaught fixing it with the same solution as I did the first time, didn't work. I tried deleting the game afterwards and redownloading in which I got the error: Code: 0x80070003 which keep persisting now after the launcher is downloaded at the microsoft store. GG

@Nuleggg said in Game won't launch after update:

Code: 0x80070003

Try to create a "Mutable" and "MutableBackup" folders in your WindowsApps folder before the download. This helped me last time I had the same error.

@Miasu Thanks for the tip, but those folders are allready in the WindowsApps folder

It seems that the update rolled back the rights, so the solution for me was to AGAIN set the file owner AND file rights to my administrative account. And then remove write protections on appropriate files. Both mutable folder, pso2.exe, pso2.exe.pat.

I've updated windows 10 as well as the microsoft store and gave myself back the rights as you said of the WindowsApps folder. It is currently downloading the game itself, so I have no idea what caust it too work, also because I don't have a single clue what I'm doing. Anyway I'll post once more when the game works properly after downloading

So, I tried to "reset" the app, then the launcher worked and I got excited for a second, until I realized it was downloading the game over again. So I looked inside those folders, and the mutable backup folder has 5 copies of this game inside. I'm just going to delete every trace of this malware I can find and then try to get a refund from Microsoft for the money I've spent. I might try the tweaker, but it sounds complicated. Oh well, the last two weeks were pretty fun.

Hey, I just wanted to update you guys who are having the same problem. I ended up deleting all of the copies of the game from mutablebackup, and the main copy, downloaded the game through the tweaker, followed all the instructions, and now I'm back in! It took me all day to dl it yesterday due to my rural internet, but if you are having the same problems as me, it's worth going the tweaker route. Good luck friends!

Last night I was playing fine but today I'm really pissed off to the point that I want to punch somebody. WHY? Because I was trying to fix this god damn unable to launch/unable to uninstall reinstall/repair the game from 5am up till to 10pm.

That's right motherfuckers I'm really pissed. VERY DISGUSTING EXPERIENCE EVER

They need to add it to another launcher platform, this winstore only shit is really fucking w the end user. Nothing is working as it should, and nothing is being addressed that needs to be. Will they even bother to fix the game deleting itself? Seems like a pretty fucking huge error to not have fixed asap.

@WingingWheat648 Could you provide steps for updating perms and such to fix this? I can't seem to view the contents of the WindowsApps folder. It says it requires admin rights, and I can't figure out how to add those or get past this.

I'm seeing "This access control entry is corrupt. Delete it and create a new one." since I got the windows update today. alt text

@elrikh-lol said in Game won't launch after update:

@WingingWheat648 Could you provide steps for updating perms and such to fix this? I can't seem to view the contents of the WindowsApps folder. It says it requires admin rights, and I can't figure out how to add those or get past this.

Also, please make it a TLDR version too.

anyone figured this out yet? must be a microsoft store issue