Sony would have handled this NA launch much better

Dunno why they just didn't go with them, it would've been on Steam since Sony has no qualms with Valve and PC players

They would since PSO2 JP is already playable on PS devices and works fine.

BUT, the only reason NA was released is because Microsoft threw money at SEGA until they decided to localize it.

Sony had plenty of time to make the initiative there but they didn't.

Let Sony handle this and remove all the skimpy outfits as well probably nerf the height slider even more? Nah, I'll take the lesser of the two evils.

@Diamond-Cats258 Why would they restrict content? When have they ever done this?

Microsoft is the worst, forcing us to use their shitty busted store that doesn't even work! Worse thing Sony would have done was put PSO2 NA on PS4 first for 30 days than it goes to Steam

The reliance on the official launcher is all Sega. The Microsoft Store install causes issues with file location and permissions, sure, but it only installs 11 GB of data. The official launcher does the legwork, so the lengthy file checks and so on are not caused by Microsoft. You have to imagine if it was on Steam, Steam would just download the launcher and it would still be just as slow to check every update thereafter.

What people really want is not "The same slow launcher started by Steam", but for the entire file distribution to be shifted to be provided by a good data delivery platform (which neither the Microsoft Store nor the PSO2 launcher are). If Steam handled the 68 GB and the update validity and all the launcher did was show promotional splashes and perform the out-of-game configuration it presently does, then it would be a good user experience.

@BlockedMarlin58 said in Sony would have handled this NA launch much better:

Dunno why they just didn't go with them, it would've been on Steam since Sony has no qualms with Valve and PC players

??? FFXIV people couldn’t log into the game on ps3 for months at launch. Sony isn’t better...

Didn't sony have ownership of Everquest/Dcuo and planetside until they scrwed up and had to sell it off?

@CryonicGlint681 wait what I dont remember that ? Im played ff xiv a realm reborn on ps3, I tried beta too and the only issues on launch day I remember is server full and it took like a couple of days not month and they gave us 1 week sub for compensation.

@Zywn7502 said in Sony would have handled this NA launch much better:

@CryonicGlint681 wait what I dont remember that ? Im played ff xiv a realm reborn on ps3, I tried beta too and the only issues on launch day I remember is server full and it took like a couple of days not month and they gave us 1 week sub for compensation.

can confirm this also

Should have let IBM handle it

@Ship04 Yup, SOE is now Daybreak Games and the new company has driven most of their titles into the ground.

@BlockedMarlin58 said in Sony would have handled this NA launch much better:

@Diamond-Cats258 Why would they restrict content? When have they ever done this?

Microsoft is the worst, forcing us to use their shitty busted store that doesn't even work! Worse thing Sony would have done was put PSO2 NA on PS4 first for 30 days than it goes to Steam

they started getting games censored since 2 years ago, a good example of this are games like dead or alive Xtreme 3 update re-release which is actually censored with toned down outfits and removed chest physics as well as the newer senran kagura titles.

The worst Sony could have done anyways is probably not even give us a PC release to get us all to play on PlayStation as well, Microsoft though has atleast some incentive to get pc players on this, hell they didn't even let you use your fortnite account on other platforms that wasn't pc and they wouldn't tell you that your account was locked away from the other platforms until you tried to play on xbox or nintendo switch.

I think anyone would have handled this launch better. By far, the worst example of customer service i've ever experienced in my life, and quite sure it will be the worst in my lifetime.

Congrats Sega on achieving that

Did Pso2 JP ever add english? Since english is just was just an update?