Maintenance? Redownload?

Did we have a maintenance last night? Sure we did and you know what that means for some of you, that's right you'll have to install the game all over again if you're using the Microsoft Store. I wonder what that maintenance was for? I don't see anything that should impress us but wait (launches the game) oh will you look at that the game has to download another 90k+ Files. Out very f%$#ing standing I'm amazed at the fabulous work 10/10 would love to spend hours to have it install again...... not.

Regardless, like any other piece of software - the end user still has to apply some manual updates that were added . I had a smooth transition. No problems to report.

Yea it took 2 hours to get the game running again, just venting out the frustration of having to redownload it again when initially I didn't run to this issue even at launch. My apologies to anyone who ends up being offended.

@Mortuus said in Maintenance? Redownload?:

Yea it took 2 hours to get the game running again, just venting out the frustration of having to redownload it again when initially I didn't run to this issue even at launch. My apologies to anyone who ends up being offended.

Itโ€™s not redownloading.... itโ€™s checking the files to see what needs updated...

It did that actually and then started downloading the files, I know what you mean though. I had to uninstall the game since it doubled the size of the game. Now it works but dealing with this issue should not be happening.

Have you tried the Arks Layer launcher instead? It skipped the file check and updating took 10 seconds. I don't think the MS store launcher can beat a 10 second update time. ๐Ÿ˜„

For me, I started it right after maintenance started and it finished within a minute or two after the file check finished. It only re-downloads some of the files, rather than all of them. I am still using just the MS Store that I have used since PC launch and still have 0 issues with the game.

Two hours, well you're luky I'm telling you. Look at the mess this heap of crap MSStore did on my HD : MS Store

250GB and 445k + files, Windows telling me it would take 1+ day to remove them ! ๐Ÿ˜ก

And I only installed PSO2 ! When I noticed the re-install option was not working on MS Store, I went to the WindowsApps folder to remove everything, that's how I succeeded installing PSO2 after multiple retries.

So the sure thing is that I'll give a try again to the PSO2Tweaker before letting this crap of MSStore touch my config again !

I had the tweaker and had to reinstall the game entirely as well, except i had it on it's default ms store folder, now i did the tweaker full install with custom folder and it should not cause this problem anymore. You should do the same.

I updated WIndows 10, then updated stuff on the MS Store. But it deleted all the PSO2 executables. There was no option to "reinstall". So I decided to remove the whole dam thing (paintful as it was) and try the tweaker. However the tweaker won't install saying I need to be in developer mode! Anyone else get that message when trying to install from the tweaker?

@Richardaro said in Maintenance? Redownload?:

I updated WIndows 10, then updated stuff on the MS Store. But it deleted all the PSO2 executables. There was no option to "reinstall". So I decided to remove the whole dam thing (paintful as it was) and try the tweaker. However the tweaker won't install saying I need to be in developer mode! Anyone else get that message when trying to install from the tweaker?

Yes, just activate the developper mode. The Tweaker conveniently provide a link on how to do it.

Thanks. I got it installing but is having 93,519 files to download normal? This is a old game and already it's downloaded over 26GB of data. It's hard to fathom such a game needs so much space.

@Utahime39 said in Maintenance? Redownload?:

Two hours, well you're luky I'm telling you. Look at the mess this heap of crap MSStore did on my HD : MS Store

250GB and 445k + files, Windows telling me it would take 1+ day to remove them ! ๐Ÿ˜ก

And I only installed PSO2 ! When I noticed the re-install option was not working on MS Store, I went to the WindowsApps folder to remove everything, that's how I succeeded installing PSO2 after multiple retries.

So the sure thing is that I'll give a try again to the PSO2Tweaker before letting this crap of MSStore touch my config again !

The real question is why you're deleting your WindowsApp directory.

PSO2 is installed in ModifiableWindowsApps. Not WindowsApps. You're deleting the wrong folder. Also, PSO2 isn't 250 GB. It's 70 GB.

@2B said in Maintenance? Redownload?:

The real question is why you're deleting your WindowsApp directory.

This folder was created on my D : drive by MS Store when I told it to use D : and the reason I want to get rid of its content is because it's eating 250GB of my capacity !

PSO2 is installed in ModifiableWindowsApps. Not WindowsApps. You're deleting the wrong folder. Also, PSO2 isn't 250 GB. It's 70 GB.

Yes, I do have this folder with the PSO2bin something folder in it and you're correct it is 70GB. So the question rest, why is this crap of MS Store eating all this space in the WindowsApp directory when the only reason I used it is to install PSO2 since PSO2 is int the PSO2bin folder of ModifiableWindowsApps ?! As I understand it MS Store is supposed to use the WindowsApp to only download the initial 11GB.

If you want to properly delete it, just delete the pso2_bin folder. It contains 70 GB of data files. Do not delete anything else because you may break your computer.

Not that is your fault because this installation process should have been seamless from the start, but a lot of people are breaking their OS because they're removing actual system files off their computers since they don't know what they're doing.