files check, oh-my-god

do we have to do this EVERY UPDATES ? it takes like 1 hour just for CHECKING the files. Is this the same on JP version too ?

Yeah it was like this on Japanese pso2 too. I'd recommend throwing the game onto an ssd just because of the file check slowness.

if i throw it into an SSD do i have to do the check again ? and does the file check really faster on an SSD ?

It will have to check again. But it does definitely help file check speed.

oh god... guess i'll do it when i'm going to bed or something

The servers seem to still be in maintenance currently anyways.

it takes me 78 minutes of file checking just to download 138MB patch in 5 seconds... LOL!

@WillfulChart930 said in files check, oh-my-god:

it takes me 78 minutes of file checking just to download 138MB patch in 5 seconds... LOL!

Well, that's pretty normal. The check is made on the ~70GB data files on your game's folder. Of course it'll take time, no matter how much MB you'll have to download after that to correct the errors detected by the check ๐Ÿ™‚

I didn't have any check, at least not that I noticed, Windows/Microsoft Store probably did it the background while I was watching a movie.

Gee... Imagine using the appropriate program to play the game... Mind blown.

No offense to people using tweaker or anything, who were having massive issues with the Microsoft Store, I thankfully, just was not one of them.

Well, back to my movie for now. Need to finish my 2nd class Grind to lvl 75 afterwards.

@xxHumorxx said in files check, oh-my-god:

Windows/Microsoft Store probably did it the background while I was watching a movie.

That's not a thing. It's the launcher that knows about the 68 GB in 94,000 files. The Microsoft Store download was only ever 11 GB (and heck knows why, it could have just been the launcher).

In any case yes, the PSO2 launcher check/update process is hilariously inefficient and unoptimised, even by 2012 standards. It doesn't seem anyone at Sega knows how to do this better, and sadly even when (if) this game is provided on launchers that provide way better integrity/update mechanisms as standard they'll probably still just have those launchers launch their launcher to do all the work the slow way. So it's not like we can even look forward to that.

Not that this is a recommendation, but I find that disabling antivirus halves the time it takes to check files.

@WillfulChart930 said in files check, oh-my-god:

do we have to do this EVERY UPDATES ? it takes like 1 hour just for CHECKING the files. Is this the same on JP version too ?

It took me less than 5mins? Get a SSD from 2020 lol itโ€™s not the games fault