How many people can a single block hold?

Some people on reddit claimed that a single block can contain 1,000 people, others are saying it contains around 100.

Is there any real data that someone has regarding block population?

200 I believe. for both prem and non prem players. Anymore than that you'll get redirected.

@Zephireis said in How many people can a single block hold?:

200 I believe. for both prem and non prem players. Anymore than that you'll get redirected

Thanks. I knew it was something around that number. I was just wondering how in the world people though that each block contained 1,000

All I know is that on Ship 3 if you are anywhere near the top of the list of blocks, you cannot walk or do much of anything without an incredible amount of lag. Idk if I am the only one, but I intentionally run for the block teleporter and change to the block with the fewest people on it every day.

@Zephireis said in How many people can a single block hold?:

200 I believe. for both prem and non prem players.

I think the people with 1 rare chest opened were in the 17,000s as of last week's ranking on ship 3 (after the PC launch spike ended), so unless there's a lot of those or its fewer than 200 per block they would all fit into the game if they all tried to play at the same time again.

@Miraglyth We got about 200 blocks... Each can hold about 200 people.

So thats 200 x 200 so 40 000 people at a time right?

There are (or were, pre-maintenance) consistently 138 blocks from the second day of PC onwards.

@Miraglyth Okay so 27.6k people at a time.

@liggittman I had the same issue with the lobby stuttering, I haven't been able to test if today's maintenance fixed this... but if it continues to be a problem, I started using the PSO2 Tweaker over the weekend to test and it fixed 100% of the lobby lag/stuttering.

@Xurai On another thread, people said this patch fixed some stuff.

I know game is Peer to Peer. Sometimes some boss Urgent Quest are near impossible with bosses blinking left and right. (Dammit Luther!) But I wonder if Lobby is as well?

@Miraglyth said in How many people can a single block hold?:

I think the people with 1 rare chest opened were in the 17,000s as of last week's ranking on ship 3 (after the PC launch spike ended)

I need to correct myself here because I remembered badly wrong. It was 37,000:

alt text

And considering that's just the highest rank that all the people with 1 rare chest share, with a look at the curve from 6 to 1 rare box we can conservatively estimate 8,000 opened 1 chest, putting the count of Ship 3 players in PC week 2 at around 45,000.

In turn, if we consider Ship 3 is the smallest ship, that means at least 135,000 players across three ships opened a rare box. Surely a few more beyond that played but opened none.

Obviously that's not everyone playing at the same time so it doesn't really tell us much about individual block capacity. But I would say those aren't bad numbers for such a little-advertised release! Probably if everyone wanted to play at the same time again the capacity might struggle especially since the maintenance saw the number of blocks decrease from 138 to 120.

This does lend support to my thoughts that the decrease in block fullness was caused at least as much by the same players playing less, than it was players leaving. It'll be interesting to see the shared rank of 1-box'ers next week.

@SalutexMO said in How many people can a single block hold?:

Some people on reddit claimed that a single block can contain 1,000 people, others are saying it contains around 100.

Is there any real data that someone has regarding block population?

Do be a bit doubtful when it comes to reddit unless it's a credited source, afterall, it's reddit. But to answer your question each block holds 150 Free spaces and offers up a 50 premium space in total of 200 per block.

With block counts at 138 or so, we're looking at current ship capacity holding up to 20,700 free players or 27,600 players with both free + space included per ship.

I'd also like to point out that according to the rare boxes opened on just my friends list alone, I and 1 other were the only 2 out of at least 10 people I've added who play the game. I'd say the number of people who don't ever open rare boxes is quite a bit more than what we might expect.

@Xurai said in How many people can a single block hold?:

I and 1 other were the only 2 out of at least 10 people I've added who play the game.

If you're looking at this week's rankings, it reset yesterday so it's not the most ideal time to check.

I think red box breaks count for either the party or everyone in the vicinity, by the way. I'm not 100% on that though.