When do we find out if we are going to play or quit the game?

The server maintenance is today right, approx how many hours from now until it's complete?

Today is the day (some) of us find out whether we are going to play the game going forward, or leave this disaster behind depending on a SHIP 4 being added.

P.S Sega, your communication is awful - and yes that includes the GMS on this forum

Thanks

I started as PC player and i already am further than most xbox players ship 4 is a meme get over it....

We'll see. A lot of issues need fixing. Here's hoping that this disaster of a release can somehow be salvaged. I want pso2 to thrive, but it has been a a heaping amount of unfortunate events happening.

Also, ship 4 isn't coming. There's no point. It'll be dead if they open it up. Even ship 1's population is declining rapidly. So just give that up

Not sure about other ships, but most of the blocks on Thorn are empty/low pop. I hardly have issues with fps dips and stuttering unless i go to a full one.

They need to fix the installation problems above all else. Games already deleted itself several times. My friend still cannot get it to download, and the whole cannot delete files business. These cannot continue, if it does i imagine they'll lose most of the players.

It really stinks... the game is amazing when it works, fingers crossed this update fixes it.

Why do u want a ship 4 there is plenty for open space in the 3 we have atm.

@AnonMarc said in When do we find out if we are going to play or quit the game?:

Why do u want a ship 4 there is plenty for open space in the 3 we have atm.

Because we have been asking for communication on this matter before claiming items, and have not received any response as if our question was invalid.

It is now a matter of principal, I will not support a company that blatantly disregards their audience and does not communicate ESSENTIAL information to them when requested. The previous thread had over 1000 messages and they just nuked it, deleted it's existence. It was heavily wanted.

We have had to wait 2 weeks for our "answer" so alot of us are still hoping to have our fresh, fair start like we wanted. It isn't about server capacity, it is about being a founder on a new server and not having max level characters all around us. It is about growing the economy and helping to shape it, it is to have everyone on equal footing, the list goes on. Seeing the growth of the server, and seeing how it changes, not zoning in and everything already being established.

These are important features for some of us. ALOT of us are not playing also until we get an answer today one way or another. Some, like me, won't be playing the game out of principal if they stick two fingers up and don't add a new server. All we wanted was communication, we didn't get that. We got empty hints about waiting until maintenance for an official announcement of sorts... but then they nuked the thread that said that, probably to backtrack on their words. I am not hopeful.

@Nevzat People can still jump ship with a transfer pass tho ? So even on a fresh ship you can still have some max lvl char running around you / messing with the economy with their huge stacks of moneys.

@AnonMarc said in When do we find out if we are going to play or quit the game?:

@Nevzat People can still jump ship with a transfer pass tho ? So even on a fresh ship you can still have some max lvl char running around you / messing with the economy with their huge stacks of moneys.

Well, i'd obviously prefer the ability to do so until a few months pass, but a few high level players coming over is better than there being 2000 imho.

As of writing this, assuming that maintenance does end at 3am PDT, it'll be another 1 hour and 16 minutes (give or take depending on any unforeseeable complications).

@Nevzat With the amount of people on PC who got denied the "fresh start" 2k max lvl players jumping ship could be possible. But most likely a new ship will not be opened due to the open space in the first 3.

@Nevzat With the amount of people on PC who got denied the "fresh start" 2k max lvl players jumping ship could be possible. But most likely a new ship will not be opened due to the open space in the first 3.

They can remove blocks added to Ship 1-3 and add a new server 4 for the players who were unable to play.

They added Ships 4-6 for a reason. I get what you are saying, but it isn't your job to say that, we have waiting 2 weeks for official communication, we have begged, pleaded with GMS and Sega, and they haven't acknowledged us.. Frustrating to say the least.

The main point is, if they would have told out on day 1 that there won't be a server 4 for a while, then we would all have made our characters, claimed our items, and enjoyed the game... instead they've deliberately made us play the "waiting game" and that is the cause of the discord.

To not provide key vital information to some of your audience is unforgivable imho, when it is essentially preventing them from playing the game, FOR TWO WEEKS. What company thinks this is OK? We are in 2020 Sega, get with the times... what a joke of a company.

Honestly I can't see this maintenance addressing anything. I wouldn't be surprised if at the end of it the only thing we get is a "Maintenance complete". no patch notes or anything.

So I wouldn't hold your breath but who knows. They already posted some new events taking place in the announcements page.

@Nevzat said in When do we find out if we are going to play or quit the game?:

being a founder on a new server and not having max level characters all around us. It is about growing the economy and helping to shape it, it is to have everyone on equal footing, the list goes on.

So a desire for something superficial with no long term purpose that would at best only last a single week due to the sheer leveling speed possible even on a casual level by entirely new inexperienced players?

Honestly I think other issues deserve more attention, such as literally everything related to the Microsoft Store. But I'll still root for you getting some kind of answer or closure to it.

Honestly, the whole leveling thing isn't as bad as you think it is.

@Nevzat Well i mean they cant just spawn a new server for the sake of spawning one they need to monitor the population fluctuations of the running servers / cash flow to see if there is an incentive to maintain another. Thats probably the reason why it has not been answered yet.

@Nevzat said in When do we find out if we are going to play or quit the game?:

but it isn't your job to say that

Its my view on things as they are not really an official statement 😛

I can understand that its more of a communication thing your saying, but they already failed. So you already know your answer. they might open 4. but I doubt it.

If the problem was levels or something then thats really nothing, person hit cap during few days of xbox beta if you play to level you can hit cap in like three days easy. Its rather meaningless. in the end all ship four would mean is you miss out on the chance to get some Items that released for a limited time before ship 4 came out. which in the long run well just be a loss.