PSU Players, what do you think so far? What did you like/dislike?

I played PSU religiously back in the day, and after it shut down I jumped into the JP PSO2 beta and have been playing for the last 8 years so everything seems pretty normal to me aside from translations. I'm curious what the rest of you who haven't experienced the game until now think about it. I know I've always missed certain weapon types like the shotgun, axe, etc. Also being confined to the ship and not being able to go to planets to hang out has always bugged me for the last 8 years personally. What do you like and dislike?

I already posted this in another thread so I'm just going to copy and paste it here:

I really hope to have the same level of attachment and love for this game as I did for PSU. I know it's a different game somewhat than how PSU was since it had different planets for lobbies, story was more tied into the game (which I love, by the way), etc, but I am wanting to give PSO2 the chance to take over my most cherished time ever in gaming that was PSU in the 6 years I spent there. I made some of my most fond memories there and met some of my greatest friends during that time.

I'll be honest, when PSO2 first came out, I was worried about how it was going F2P and the only social lobby is the ship, but I gave PSO2 JP a chance and I still love the game play. I love the aesthetics. I love the entire PSO universe. So, even if there is only one lobby, I have learned to love the game for even that. And as far as it being F2P, I was initially worried that was going to give it an excuse to decrease the quality and love the devs put into the game. But I don't see that as the case.

I'm excited to be home again in my favorite world with you all. ❤ you all and I am so glad to be back!

I can't live without White Beast. I love both games for what they offered. As long as the combat and customization is great then I enjoy the PS series.

I miss not having line shields. I do like the skill rings.