Client Order text: Best Practices, perhaps?

Hey there, I'm bad at forums. Please forgive me for failing to put this where it ought to go, if there is a better place, but I wanted to make this suggestion public so hopefully someone who can implement it gets to see it.

I think it would be good for Client Orders to have, in their text (specifically in the yellow section), a quick summary of what location (planet) you can find the relevant objectives in.

For example, the Pajigowan enemy. If the CO asks for a certain number of Pajigowan to be hunted, it could include a bit of text to the effect of, "Can be found on Planet Harkotan," as well as the information pertaining to what level it has to be to count.

This would alleviate the issue I see people having where they can't easily figure out where they have to go due to not knowing what these names refer to - which is natural, as PSO2 has some very distinctive, but not at all helpfully descriptive names for its creatures. It would be good for such a thing to be present for any Client Order where you have to know where to go to do anything, even fishing or harvesting, and would save everyone a lot of time and hassle.

As you can see, it needn't be so direct as to the very most exact location of the objective - it simply has to provide you with a guide in the general direction. From there, the player can narrow down their search through Quests to what planet they need to go to, and then from there, narrow it down further by looking at the Quest details to see where the enemy they're looking for appears, if that hasn't already been sufficiently pointed out by the "you have Client Orders here" icon.

Apologies again if there is a better location for this.

I 100% agree, it baffling the the amount of little quality of life information that is omitted in this this game that I feel would just need a little update in their writing or UI. I guess it goes to show how grandfathered this game is to a closed off community when the development team couldn't see this as a problem. As an artist I totally get it, if you stare at your work for long enough you start to not notice the mistakes.

For alleviation you can change the orange tab in Client Orders that says "Display All" to different areas as a way to narrow down where the client order can be perused. It's a shame that it's the only way because no one knows about it and it's never communicated! Why would someone with a list of like 4 items feel the need to not "Display All", it's totally unintuitive!

My posts on here probably come off as really annoying because I'm trying to help close their quality of life gap. I swear it might not matter to most hardcore players on here, but I guarantee that this will help retention, all of those lost, confused, and overwhelmed people will bounce if it's too much, that's how free to play works. New players are fickle and you have to convince them to stay and they won't if they feel the game isn't respecting their time. Thankfully for PSO2 there is so much positive things going for it that people stick around, but if you look at any given time at the subreddit, there is always a thread of people saying "I don't know what the Hell is going on, but I think I'm having fun?".

Anyways rant over, I wan't this game to be the best it can be, and you are right, thank you for articulating how they can change it.

@Merelambasted said in Client Order text: Best Practices, perhaps?:

I 100% agree, it baffling the the amount of little quality of life information that is committed in this this game that I feel would just need a little update in their writing or UI. I guess it goes to show how grandfathered this game is to a closed off community when the development team couldn't see this as a problem, and as an artist I totally get it, if you stare at your work for long enough you start to not notice.

For a short term alleviation you can change the orange tab in Client Orders that says "Display All" to different areas as a way to narrow down where the client order can be perused. It's a shame that it's the only way because no one knows about it and it's never communicated! Why would someone with a list of like 4 items feel the need to not "Display All", it's totally not intuitive!

My posts on here probably come off as really annoying because I'm trying to help close their quality of life gap. I swear it might not matter to most hardcore players on here, but I guarantee that this will help retention, all of those lost, confused, and overwhelmed people will bounce if it's too much, that's how free to play works. New players are fickle and you have to convince them to stay and they won't if they feel the game isn't respecting their time. Thankfully for PSO2 there is so much positive things going for it that people stick around, but if you look at any given time at the subreddit, there is always a thread of people saying "I don't know what the Hell is going on, but I think I'm having fun?".

Anyways rant over, I wan't this game to be the best it can be, and you are right, thank you for articulating how they can change it.

Well said and 100% agree as well.

o/ =^.^=