Fo/Te Questions~

Hello. I recently made the switch from BR/HU to FO/TE and i have various questions for the veterans.

1. Do the element masteries from Tech subclass carry over to Force? Such as the Wind/Light and Dark mastery. The reason i ask this is because when i switched to Tech as main and Force as Sub, i noticed my skill "Lightning Tech PP Reservation" was not working when using Lightning techs as a Techer.

2. Same as #1. I noticed the skill "Extend Assist" in the Techer tree doesn't actually extend my Shifta to 180 seconds when i use it as a Force main. However, the skill "Long arm assist" says it extends it another 30 seconds but "This kill can only be used with a main class". Does that mean i can only use it as a Techer or does it mean that if i level that skill, it will work on another class as a main?

I'm just a little confused on what skills actually work and transfer over as Fo/Te.

Heya @Lvost1990X !

Give that a read. Its a real good primer for I think the questions you have. Then later all the pro/vet players can weigh in as needed.

https://pso2.com/manual/fundamentals/class/subclass

o/ =^.^=

@KnightHarb1nger said in Fo/Te Questions~:

Heya @Lvost1990X !

Give that a read. Its a real good primer for I think the questions you have. Then later all the pro/vet players can weigh in as needed.

https://pso2.com/manual/fundamentals/class/subclass

o/ =^.^=

Thank you. I shall give it a look!

@Lvost1990X said in Fo/Te Questions~:

Hello. I recently made the switch from BR/HU to FO/TE and i have various questions for the veterans.

1. Do the element masteries from Tech subclass carry over to Force? Such as the Wind/Light and Dark mastery. The reason i ask this is because when i switched to Tech as main and Force as Sub, i noticed my skill "Lightning Tech PP Reservation" was not working when using Lightning techs as a Techer.

This doesn't seem right. The Lightning Tech PP save should still work on Te/Fo, since it's not main class only. The elemental masteries do work on Fo/Te. Most Fo/Te players will take at least Light and Dark mastery, though you should have enough points to get Wind/Light/Dark maxed on the Te tree.

1. Same as #1. I noticed the skill "Extend Assist" in the Techer tree doesn't actually extend my Shifta to 180 seconds when i use it as a Force main. However, the skill "Long arm assist" says it extends it another 30 seconds but "This kill can only be used with a main class". Does that mean i can only use it as a Techer or does it mean that if i level that skill, it will work on another class as a main?

I'm just a little confused on what skills actually work and transfer over as Fo/Te.

"Extend Assist" does work for Fo/Te, it's just that you're missing "Long arm assist" (as thats Techer main class only). So your Shifta/Deband ticks still only add 15 seconds, 15 * 4 = 60 seconds. If you cast the spell again, it'll add another 60 seconds, etc. So you can max Shifta/Deband out at 180 seconds as Fo/Te, but it takes 3 casts of each spell (or 12 ticks). Without Extend Assist, casting it again would just refresh it to a max of 60 seconds.

Techer can max out in a single cast because they have the bonus 30 seconds per tick, or 45 * 4 = 180.