Will I get banned

If you are still concerned, you can simply wait to see if the patch tomorrow fixes the issue first.

@Ranmaru My bet is that it'll still be broken, but hey, if its any consolation, I admitted to using the tweaker on here last week and I'm still fine, so my conclusion is Microsoft and SEGA are fine with it.

PSO2 Tweaker is a good thing.

Multiple news outlets have reported on it, admitted to using it to play PSO2 because the official launcher was coded by a monkey.

@Nevzat said in Will I get banned:

You wouldn't have, but now you've admitted to hacking on the public forums i hope you do get banned.

In the future please make sure you read the terms of service and do not use third party illegal programs.

Have a nice day.

Implying you know anything about hacking lol.

@2B said in Will I get banned:

🍿 Nom nom, want some?

@2B said in Will I get banned:

PSO2 Tweaker is a good thing.

Multiple news outlets have reported on it, admitted to using it to play PSO2 because the official launcher was coded by a monkey.

@Nevzat said in Will I get banned:

You wouldn't have, but now you've admitted to hacking on the public forums i hope you do get banned.

In the future please make sure you read the terms of service and do not use third party illegal programs.

Have a nice day.

His trolling becomes more and more obvious day by day, or he is just genuinely stupid here too. (reffering to @Nevzat )

I'm trolling because I don't condone the use of third party programs? Ummm yeah OK, keep your hacks out of our game please.

I would NEVER use third party applications that are not officially supported by Sega. Please make yourself familiar with the TOS as you are clearly breaching them by admitting to using such programs.

The tweaker is pretty much the solution to almost every technical problem the NA server is having right now. Some people can't even play the game without it. If you look in the technical help forum you will see the tweaker is being passed around and used very commonly and the GM's have not once stepped in and said "Yeah this is not allowed" because they know its helping them.

There has never been a scenario where a player has been banned for using the tweaker, not on JP server and not here.

@Nevzat

Tweaker is not a hack or anything, it's just a launcher and if you still want to argue the technicality of what a launcher or a hack is.

I can assure you that SEGA has a neutral stance on Tweaker otherwise JP wouldn't even have EN players. The tweaker launcher does not interfere with the game nor any aspect of the game. In fact, Tweaker is what saved PSO2 EN so far. If it weren't for the Tweaker team releasing a patch to resolve the MS store issues. I'm quite certain even a larger portion of PC players during launch wouldn't touch PSO2 EN even with a 10 feet pole and it'll just be an even smaller pool of pc players throughout all 3 ships.

It's one thing to know what a hack is and another to know what the functions of a launcher does.

Well since its kind if an interesting topic, lets just ask the source directly.

@GM-Deynger

When you have the time can you or someone on the staff team with the knowledge please clarify if the PSO2 tweaker is or is not allowed to be used?

@Nevzat I mean in which way does the tweaker possibly hurt? it doesn't it's a launcher that help downloading updates faster and optimize the game a bit and allow you to choose your install folder. In no way it's giving you an unfair advantage over another player and it's fixing autorisations in the game files and for some peoples it's straight up the only way to play the game.

@Nevzat Tweaker is not a hack tool.

It's an auto downloader and patcher that downloads all the necessary files for you and helps you install it.

it's like steam, one click and bawm done for ya.

It's not a hack tool cause it doesnt inject anything to the game.

Sorry you can defend this program all you want, but i'll stick to the official endorsed software by Sega only.

I don't want any viruses or third party hacks to play the game but thanks

Honestly there is always the chance you could be banned. But most likely you will not as some have said its been around for years. Unless someone from Sega was involved with it. Its like when people post certain anime videos online plastering fair use for short clips and months later getting hit with a strike. It is just most companies do not take the time to be that strict for something so minor. Same case applies here.

I never used tweaker before here or on JP server. But considering how blatantly obvious tweaker users are on JP servers (auto-wording translated emergency codes, creating rooms with tweaker translated mission names) SEGA have yet to take any action over the years other than the IP ban for foreign ISPs for awhile.