Open-Beta soft release?

Justt curious, do you guys think Sega would consider, having a soft release with the open beta? It seems there is such a huge demand, and the game seem to run very smooth minus the beginning server issues. Also it seems to me that they could begin getting cash flow from premium members? This all may be a naive thought, but just a thought! Really just can’t wait to play the game, don’t enjoy playing any of my other games anymore...

Open beta will likely happen late Feb or early March. Whether or not they keep the servers up until launch only they can say.

Can ghost the PSO2 Twitter for any official statements.

@CombatSniper7 said in Open-Beta soft release?:

Justt curious, do you guys think Sega would consider, having a soft release with the open beta? It seems there is such a huge demand, and the game seem to run very smooth minus the beginning server issues. Also it seems to me that they could begin getting cash flow from premium members? This all may be a naive thought, but just a thought! Really just can’t wait to play the game, don’t enjoy playing any of my other games anymore...

I think most things pertaining to this is kinda already set into stone, but then again they did make more time for the CBT... so who really knows?

A twitter response to button mapping said something about "see you soon" !!

A soft launch could work. Run the XBOX for the first week, disconnected for maintenance, add PC to the environment and open more servers, then do weekly fixes/maintenance until it is good to go.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in Open-Beta soft release?:

A soft launch could work. Run the XBOX for the first week, disconnected for maintenance, add PC to the environment and open more servers, then do weekly fixes/maintenance until it is good to go.

I don't think they need more servers. Closed beta showed Ship 1 and 2 populated, but not full.

@GamerKillance they will definitely need more servers.

Only XBOX owners were able to play, XBOX owners who were fully aware of it before it occurred.

The Twitter's followers doubled during the CBT and keeps going higher and higher, the XBOX ratings are really high, so it will gain more and more visibility moving forward.

Once Steam advertises it, it will become server doomsday.

@GamerKillance said in Open-Beta soft release?:

@John-Paul-RAGE said in Open-Beta soft release?:

I don't think they need more servers. Closed beta showed Ship 1 and 2 populated, but not full.

Ship 1 was pretty full sunday night with ship 2 at a medium level. Granted there was never anybody around when a capture event popped up...

@CombatSniper7 why would they have a soft release when the game has went overwhelming great from the time it open on closed beta to the end of the weekend

@CombatSniper7 Plus you all need time to prepare especially for new players that haven't even played the game from strategy guides to i dunno the way the servers are going to be i mean now that people have played the closed beta and chosen there class we as well as new people have to find ways to know what units and weapons and etc they want to use before starting little that people know now that you have played the closed beta you have a huge advantage over the entire community that didn't play it plus it's cross-play so now that's an even BIGGER advantage

@xHO0DIEx the benefit of a soft-release would allow them to monitor how the xbox version works at different intervals (by adding new stuff weekly instead of all at once for full release) followed by monitoring how the environment handles XBOX, Win10, and Steam interoperability.

@John-Paul-RAGE you do know that wouldn't be right since the jp server were first at implementing that launch and the reason it took 8 years was because some stuff happened that gave the producer a difficult time even stressful it took this man 10 years until he was able to even work on it for nintendo so again why would they do a soft release when so much has happened with the producer and even the community and then on top of that there was a communication issue trust me i know so much AND i'm the reason it's in the U.S (believe me or not could care less) i could tell you what happen during those 8 years btw THE JAPANESE KNOW that people in the U.S came over to the japanese servers

@xHO0DIEx not following how any of that subtracts the usefulness of testing with a soft-launch approach versus a limited open beta approach.

@xHO0DIEx said in Open-Beta soft release?:

@John-Paul-RAGE you do know that wouldn't be right since the jp server were first at implementing that launch and the reason it took 8 years was because some stuff happened that gave the producer a difficult time even stressful it took this man 10 years until he was able to even work on it for nintendo so again why would they do a soft release when so much has happened with the producer and even the community and then on top of that there was a communication issue trust me i know so much AND i'm the reason it's in the U.S (believe me or not could care less) i could tell you what happen during those 8 years btw THE JAPANESE KNOW that people in the U.S came over to the japanese servers

your post is not only hard to comprehend but feels mostly made up and your lack of info for how things actually happened over at Sega of Japan

@ArcaneTechs oh so you want the full story? thats alot to type so can i give a watered-down version?