Techter with T-Atk. Is it worth it to go all in on T-Atk on NA? If so, What Sub would you use?

As the Title, I like the idea of Support, abusing Elemental Weakness, and having both Melee and Tech at the ready? But until we get Phantom, I see most Techers going HU and just focusing on S-Atk. Is it really that much better or is there a way to really push T-Atk Techter to a strong spot and how?

techter dmg come 99% from wand , HU adds more dmg and iron wall ect

for phantom u will need dex mag tho

atm isnt worth to push t-atk dmg (only if u main force )

I personally mag swap depending on content. Your photonic furys scale off of your t-atk, so if i'm mobbing, i use my tech mag. For boss fights i swap to mel attack mag for harder hits on the boss.

Summoner sub beats hunter sub on Techer by a long shot. It isn't Perfect Strike-dependent, either, so you have some wiggle room for mistakes.

The wand hit itself is a little weaker than Hunter sub, but not much weaker. However, the wand explosion gets super amplified compared to hunter sub, that the average damage is much higher than using Hunter sub. You also get the option to use Compound Techniques, resulting in more ways to attack than just spamming wand hits.

Do people not go Te/Fi? I don't either, but it should be a more general aoe combination that is still even close to Te/Su single target. Only problem being that it ends up getting replaced by Techer/Phantom.

Regardless, TEC is a great stat to go for on anything but Te/Hu and Te/Ra. DEX is acceptable for subclasses that have the appropriate mag skill.

Fo/Te is a much better tech casting class than Techer, and Te/Fo is not at all redeemable. But if you want to have high TEC for both melee and techs, then go Te/Fi or Te/Su.

Summoner sub is extra useful in the early game due to stat increase skills you end up taking that you wouldn't generally be taking on other subclasses, which will help you equip better gear earlier than you normally would.

While I'm probably in agreement with Lapinoire about Te/Hu being generally not as powerful or useful as other combinations, I don't really like the idea of calling it a crutch, but it definitely is true that the main reason to take it would be Iron Will as well as Hunter Physique. Te/Fi and Te/Su (with Summoner's Mark) should definitely be dealing more damage, and Techer Deband actually acts very well on its own as a way to increase survivability.

As far as I'm aware, Techer's Photon Fury explosions actually do get amplified by Hunter's skills. Te/Hu is superior to Te/Su when it comes to damage without the use of techs or Summoner's Mark. Te/Su's high base stats help alleviate the difference in terms of multipliers, as it counts towards your Shifta increase, but it doesn't count enough to even out the difference.

As far as I'm aware, Techer's Photon Fury explosions actually do get amplified by Hunter's skills. Te/Hu is superior to Te/Su when it comes to damage without the use of techs or Summoner's Mark.

Ripped from the Visiphone Wiki

Since EP3 tech Explosions gain the benefit of Just Attacking Hunter skill "JA Bonus 1 / 2" is applied but "Fury Combo Up" isn't

So yes and no. But saying Te/Hu is stronger than Te/Su is something I disagree with. Being left with only wand strikes becomes a hindrance in later content, with bosses not being in melee range, or weapon resists. Te/Su has the luxury of using techniques, as well as swapping to a Talis if there is wand resist on things, and Talis buffs when using techs in air is a very good buff for the weapon.

I knew there was some kinda mix, but Fury Stance itself does apply also.

While it's true that having Techs (be useful) is great, it's also true that Te/Hu will be dealing much much more damage utilizing tech explosions against groups. For Talis I'm not sure if you mean Force's Talis Tech bonus or if there's some innate thing with it that I forgot. Regardless Talis is a miss with a lot of people, though Anga is a fair point. I always have a Talis in my wheel anyways, just in case.

But basically Te/Fi solves both of these issues.

@Thrashinuva said in Techter with T-Atk. Is it worth it to go all in on T-Atk on NA? If so, What Sub would you use?:

I knew there was some kinda mix, but Fury Stance itself does apply also.

While it's true that having Techs (be useful) is great, it's also true that Te/Hu will be dealing much much more damage utilizing tech explosions against groups. For Talis I'm not sure if you mean Force's Talis Tech bonus or if there's some innate thing with it that I forgot. Regardless Talis is a miss with a lot of people, though Anga is a fair point. I always have a Talis in my wheel anyways, just in case.

But basically Te/Fi solves both of these issues.

You don't throw the Talis card out to utilize Talis. You cast from the Talis unthrown, while in air. That's the buff to Talis since you move faster in the air if you input a direction. If that makes sense. The same buff also applies when casting from Rod in air.

Summoner for bossing, and Fighter for just clearing your usual dailies.

Su sub blows shit out of the water, you actually have pretty decent single target damage with it, and it gives a large amount of Melee-ATK and TEC-ATK which is useful as a hybrid. I find myself doing exclusively Te/Su for MPA/Solo Bossing