A basic forum suggestion...

Sorry if this isn't the place for it but I couldn't figure a better spot.

Is there a possibility we could implement a "like" or "upvote" feature to the forums? I realize it may be a silly request but I've run into a few posts I wanted to upvote and realized, well, that I couldn't. XD Can this be done?

And if I'm just somehow missing it, could somebody show me where it is? Thanks. (Though I don't think I am, as I'm not seeing any "x people liked this" or similar on any threads.)

@Policroma-Sol said in A basic forum suggestion...:

Sorry if this isn't the place for it but I couldn't figure a better spot.

Is there a possibility we could implement a "like" or "upvote" feature to the forums? I realize it may be a silly request but I've run into a few posts I wanted to upvote and realized, well, that I couldn't. XD Can this be done?

And if I'm just somehow missing it, could somebody show me where it is? Thanks. (Though I don't think I am, as I'm not seeing any "x people liked this" or similar on any threads.)

It looks like there is a whole like and reputation system already accessible to this forum, so it only needs to be activated with some tweaks. I think that it was disabled for a reason and it might be kept that way.

There is a reputation system built into this forum software (known as "NodeBB.") But if you get +3 reputation, you stop being subjected to the post wait period, allowing you to spam posts non-stop.

@oldColdReactive said in A basic forum suggestion...:

There is a reputation system built into this forum software (known as "NodeBB.") But if you get +3 reputation, you stop being subjected to the post wait period, allowing you to spam posts non-stop.

The reputation can be adjusted as well the seconds in between, there is also other spam mechanics built into the software, so no worries there!