"Blacklist" Guide Doesn't Work

Hi, I'd like to block some players in-game that spam inappropriate symbol art. The guide for adding someone to your block list (https://pso2.com/manual/communication/blacklist) doesn't work.

I'm on PC and these are the options under Communication when I select a player (in person or from Nearby Characters or from my Communication Log):

not_there.png

Unfortuantely, that manual listing was made with the assumption that it would work like JP. However, it does not. Instead, you have to actually add them to your blocklist on XBOX Live by viewing their GamerCard.

I hope a moderator can see this and update the help page to reflect the up-to-date steps required to block someone.

Does the Xbox Live "block" function block text and symbol arts in PSO2? I am aware of an individual symbol art blacklist but my hope is that by blocking a player I never have to see their art again.

@CNJL Blocking or muting a player through XBox Live essentially triggers the game's underlying Blacklist flags, so you can't see anything they chat out and they cannot directly join your party.

I must have missed this when I tried it. It didn't seem to block their messages when I blocked them via Xbox before. I'll try it again and pay closer attention to whether it works or not.

@AndrlCh said in "Blacklist" Guide Doesn't Work:

@CNJL Blocking or muting a player through XBox Live essentially triggers the game's underlying Blacklist flags, so you can't see anything they chat out and they cannot directly join your party.

Does this also block symbol art?

@CNJL It should, but honestly with the way that they have botched what was such a simple and usable friend/blacklist system for the sake of replacing it with XBox Live integration, it is hard to be 100% on that.

@AndrlCh said in "Blacklist" Guide Doesn't Work:

@CNJL It should, but honestly with the way that they have botched what was such a simple and usable friend/blacklist system for the sake of replacing it with XBox Live integration, it is hard to be 100% on that.

Yeah it definitely shows that Microsoft hacked in its own friends management system. It's nowhere near this clunky on JP. (I'm also hugely disappointed with how friend requests are one-way, have to be initiated by both consenting parties, and can't be declined for weirdos.)

Thanks for your input! I'll continue to Xbox Live-block players, hope that the blocklist guide gets updated, and keep an eye out for any spammy symbol art that doesn't go away.

Fun fact, if someone has their ARKS ID to private, you can't view there gamercard, so you can't blacklist them2020-06-09 16_54_12-[PSO2] Re_ Can't blacklist players with Private ARKS ID___ - bluefroman@gmail.co.png