Has Sega announced any details about the 10th?

@Ki-Rin said in Has Sega announced any details about the 10th?:

because the work around could end up with a ban. thanks but no thanks. they can fix it themselves.

If that were the case, I would have been banned from the Japanese servers years ago.

You think they roll out bans same day? a company who doesn't hotfix a little bug like lobby lag?

@o-K-A-O-T-i-K-o said in Has Sega announced any details about the 10th?:

because the work around could end up with a ban. thanks but no thanks. they can fix it themselves.

If that were the case, I would have been banned from the Japanese servers years ago.

I'd assume the tweaker do only client side modifications so they can't really ban you for that.

Wait.

What lobby lag??

@Shirokami07 The game have a problem with it's optimisation, which is caused by settings not applying properly upon launch. it's corrected by the tweaker, there's also a workaround without it but it still cause memory leakage which at some point cause the lobby lag to reappear after a while and you have to close the game and relaunch for it to be gone again.

@Dracoco1214 said in Has Sega announced any details about the 10th?:

@Shirokami07 The game have a problem with it's optimisation, which is caused by settings not applying properly upon launch. it's corrected by the tweaker, there's also a workaround without it but it still cause memory leakage which at some point cause the lobby lag to reappear after a while and you have to close the game and relaunch for it to be gone again.

Strange, I haven't ever had this issue...

@Lvost1990X said in Has Sega announced any details about the 10th?:

A "Ban" that obviously has never happened because apparently no one hasn't been banned at all for using it.

I remember when idlers on TF2 were a perfectly fine way to get free hats because nobody had been punished for it. Then they went ahead and gave everyone else Cheater's Lament.

Personally I doubt Tweaker use would result in a ban (and they may not even be able to detect it), but I do need to point out the logic used there is... not good.

Banning people who change the name of some files and move around files on your own machine that you own would be a sure-fire way to kill any hope of profit for PSO2 NA. It would be suicide for the whole project.

@IzzyData there are plenty of games that band for manipulation of client-sided components, or use an integrity checker to force them to a valid state.

That being said, Tweaker literally injected a new language into the games bin files and didn't result in a ban, so it's no biggy to use it.

@Miraglyth said in Has Sega announced any details about the 10th?:

@Lvost1990X said in Has Sega announced any details about the 10th?:

A "Ban" that obviously has never happened because apparently no one hasn't been banned at all for using it.

I remember when idlers on TF2 were a perfectly fine way to get free hats because nobody had been punished for it. Then they went ahead and gave everyone else Cheater's Lament.

Personally I doubt Tweaker use would result in a ban (and they may not even be able to detect it), but I do need to point out the logic used there is... not good.

The hat farmers also didnt go for 8 years, whereas the Tweaker has been going for almost 8 and NO ONE has been banned for it, pretty sure you wont get banned for tweaker.

TL:DR That was a HORRIBLE comparison.

@IzzyData You dont know how a ToS works do you.

It'ss kind of like if i invited you to my house, and i told you No pooping on the floor or getting shwifty, and you continued to get shwifty, i would kick you out. Regardless of what you think about my rule.

@gO-BeWarned said in Has Sega announced any details about the 10th?:

TL:DR That was a HORRIBLE comparison.

Something that everyone said was fine for an extended time suddenly wasn't to the surprise and explosive upset of many... if that's a bad comparison someone's standards are a bit misaligned.

You think they roll out bans same day? a company who doesn't hotfix a little bug like lobby lag?

FFXIV actually can take more than a month to ban someone for hacking. And they roll out hotfixes like... hotcakes.

@Ezodagrom Lets hope so cause I do like this game but atm it boring lol ive almost finished lving all my sub classes made another 70 ranger as well and I don't really wanna make a 3rd character atm

@ozzymarkk While there's gonna be new permanent content occasionally, the meat of the game is really the urgent quests. It's not a game you have to play all the time, you can just login for an urgent quest and logout afterwards.